Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Models and Artwork
Models -N- Other Gunpla Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What project should I start after Shin's Zaku/G-Fighter?
HGUC Qubeley
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Ginn High Mobility Type
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
FA Gundam
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Red Astray
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Strike Rogue + all four Striker packs
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Raider Gundam
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

Ophiuchus
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:52 am
ChibiDuo
Interesting news about the new HG 105 Dagger + Gunbarrel kit. Apparently the Gunbarrel is compatible even with the Strike Gundam kits (1/144 of course). That also likely means all 4 of the other Striker Packs are compatible with the 105 Dagger eek !!
I always assumed as much.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:06 pm
http://www011.upp.so-net.ne.jp/FILITHEYO/105DAGGER.htm

Strike docked with Gunbarrel at the bottom of the page and 105 Dagger docked with Aile pack  

Tenryu

Xeon Sempai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:02 pm
This is a repeat post, but the other is in the Federal Forces, so, you know...

I have finished my latest creation, necessitated by me mutilating one of the zaku's original legs. Note that this is Char's zaku II, not the MP...

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
I cristen it the MS-06f/trop Zaku Tropen, for obvious reason.
I figure when a Domtropen was heavily damaged after the war, the Zeon, running out of spare parts and instituting the united maintenence plan, this custom unit was built from the torso of the common Zaku II and the legs of a high-performance and ireplaceable Domtropen. The reactor output of the two units varies by approximately 251kw(or rather 248, considering that it was an officer's model zaku), much of which is used for the powerful heat sabre and beam weaponry of the more complicated Domtropen.
Comprably weakly armored and a bit underpowered, the Zaku Tropen is still -far- more powerful on the ground than it's revered zaku bretheren. Discarding the 880mm bazooka of the Domtropen, the Zaku Tropen opts for a 90mm(using a longer cartridge, but able to use the standard 90mm rounds in a pinch) support machine gun, loaded with armor piercing rounds, offering far more firepower than the standard MMP80. It carries a heathawk for close combat, but hopefully it will never come to that, as the hoverjets should allow it to swiftly escape from any danger.

The decals on the groin and heels read "CAUTION avoid excessiv use of controls" and are actually better english than the early MG kits... The rear skirt decal, quite aptly states "MOUNT RATCH" and some unreadable to the naked eye microprint. the backpack one is also unreadable. There is a misc waring label underneath the shell ejector on the left side of the gun, and the iron cross on the arm shield is from a 1/60th patlabor brocken, as is the gun itself. I also have a zaku II bazooka for it(the foldout latch on the rear skirt, for those familiar with the kit, can hold it), but it wasn't finished when I took the pictures. There is no weathering on this kit because I was going for the near factory fresh look.

At the moment, I'm working on a zaku I/cannon from a HG(08th) Zaku II and a MSV zakucannon kit, so it will be a bit hybridized.

EDIT: the left shoulder is from a Gouf, actually, with the spikes hacked off and misc round pieces(actually, I believe they were parts from Tallgeese verniers) used for covers. The yellow round decals say "88". Also the knee things are orange reflective safety triangles. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:03 am
Xeon Sempai
This is a repeat post, but the other is in the Federal Forces, so, you know...

I have finished my latest creation, necessitated by me mutilating one of the zaku's original legs. Note that this is Char's zaku II, not the MP...

I cristen it the MS-06f/trop Zaku Tropen, for obvious reason.
I figure when a Domtropen was heavily damaged after the war, the Zeon, running out of spare parts and instituting the united maintenence plan, this custom unit was built from the torso of the common Zaku II and the legs of a high-performance and ireplaceable Domtropen. The reactor output of the two units varies by approximately 251kw(or rather 248, considering that it was an officer's model zaku), much of which is used for the powerful heat sabre and beam weaponry of the more complicated Domtropen.
Comprably weakly armored and a bit underpowered, the Zaku Tropen is still -far- more powerful on the ground than it's revered zaku bretheren. Discarding the 880mm bazooka of the Domtropen, the Zaku Tropen opts for a 90mm(using a longer cartridge, but able to use the standard 90mm rounds in a pinch) support machine gun, loaded with armor piercing rounds, offering far more firepower than the standard MMP80. It carries a heathawk for close combat, but hopefully it will never come to that, as the hoverjets should allow it to swiftly escape from any danger.

The decals on the groin and heels read "CAUTION avoid excessiv use of controls" and are actually better english than the early MG kits... The rear skirt decal, quite aptly states "MOUNT RATCH" and some unreadable to the naked eye microprint. the backpack one is also unreadable. There is a misc waring label underneath the shell ejector on the left side of the gun, and the iron cross on the arm shield is from a 1/60th patlabor brocken, as is the gun itself. I also have a zaku II bazooka for it(the foldout latch on the rear skirt, for those familiar with the kit, can hold it), but it wasn't finished when I took the pictures. There is no weathering on this kit because I was going for the near factory fresh look.

At the moment, I'm working on a zaku I/cannon from a HG(08th) Zaku II and a MSV zakucannon kit, so it will be a bit hybridized.

EDIT: the left shoulder is from a Gouf, actually, with the spikes hacked off and misc round pieces(actually, I believe they were parts from Tallgeese verniers) used for covers. The yellow round decals say "88". Also the knee things are orange reflective safety triangles. sweatdrop

I'm very interested in how you modified the arms, especially the shoulder joints. Are those wave option parts? I picked up some ball-joints myself so I can update my old ZZ kits when I get around to building them.  

ChibiDuo

hi_nu_gundam8135

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:15 pm
IF only bandai had not stopped selling MSiA in america it would have saved a BUNCH on shipping. oh well. I might have said this earlyer but I found out that the cost of inported MSiA's are higher partly because the matereals used to make themare better than the matereals used for the american versions. I wonder if in other countrys MSiA are produced with cheaper matereals?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:36 pm
hi_nu_gundam8135
IF only bandai had not stopped selling MSiA in america it would have saved a BUNCH on shipping. oh well. I might have said this earlyer but I found out that the cost of inported MSiA's are higher partly because the matereals used to make themare better than the matereals used for the american versions. I wonder if in other countrys MSiA are produced with cheaper matereals?
Or you could just switch to Gunpla like the rest of us. The painting is the best bit.  

Cagalli Yura Attha
Crew

Xeon Sempai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:01 am
ChibiDuo
I'm very interested in how you modified the arms, especially the shoulder joints. Are those wave option parts? I picked up some ball-joints myself so I can update my old ZZ kits when I get around to building them.
The shoulders(with the exception of the left shoulder armor thing) are stock, actually, the HGUC Zaku II kit has crazy jointed pegs(allowing the arms to swivel forward only). I'm rather impressed with it, though the foot attachment seems to detract from the realism of it(though it's not like you're required to post it in impossible positions).  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:22 pm
I managed to get Gundam NT-1 a little while ago twisted
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
As the first pic says, I need paint... sweatdrop  

Cien Laguoire

Swordoath Omega

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:06 pm
I'm sitting on a ... what did you call it, "Shitty Grade?" ... MSA-0011[Bst], a Master Grade RX-78GP03S and a Master Grade RX-78-3. I've actually never made any Gundam models before, but I bought them 'cuz they were cheap (the MGs were $20 CDN). I'll get to them eventually, but I want to buy some HGs first and get some experience.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:59 pm
I am pissed off at Bandai, i got the MG Aile Strike, but they never released the IWSP (and Aegis as well) so i did a horrible IWSP
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
i got lazy, so all i did was get Heavyarms custom's gattling cannon and stuck it on the shield.yes i know, its horrible  

twatmaster

hi_nu_gundam8135

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:35 pm
Quote:
Or you could just switch to Gunpla like the rest of us. The painting is the best bit.

I already build Gunpla. They are also expensive to ship, although one can find a lot of Gunpla from places in the U.S. There are some times when I don't want to build a model, since it takes a long time to finish them, and just get a quick fix with an MSiA.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:25 pm
hi_nu_gundam8135
Quote:

I already build Gunpla. They are also expensive to ship, although one can find a lot of Gunpla from places in the U.S. There are some times when I don't want to build a model, since it takes a long time to finish them, and just get a quick fix with an MSiA.
www.hlj.com is the cheapest you could hope for with delivery.  

Ophiuchus
Captain

ChibiDuo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:18 pm
I must say I've been rather impressed with the recent HG additions to the Seed Destiny line. Free plastic bases for aerial poses are fantastic, not to mention the kits have been coming with more and more accessories. Until Infinite Justice restocks at HLJ, I shall save up for a cute little 1/144 Turn A 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:43 am
I do mostly master grade moldels in total. I think I've done abot 60 eek but they weren't all master grades. I like the 1/100 scale. I have a 1/60 Implue, Strike and a perferct grade Wing Zero cool  

ANBU-Shinobi

Tenryu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:36 am
any one of you seen these? http://www.otakubell.com/hgundam/gallery/galleries/Other/1092428062144.jpg  
Models and Artwork

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff