Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Lolita Society.

Back to Guilds

Tags: gothic lolita, japanese fashion, lolita 

Reply The Lolita Society.
What did you buy? thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amanikitty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:51 pm
-C'est la lune qui conduit la danse...-

Okay, good. So we both say to get shoes the same color of the dress. x3 And white stockings/shoes.

Now I need to get something for my hair. D: Maybe just a white bow or something?

-...quand le soleil sera couché dans ton âme froide.-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:24 am
Nezumi Kakashi

....Does anyone know if Baby or Angelic pretty ship to America...? ._.;

Baby ships to America, they even have nice English instructions on their page, but I don't think Angelic does. I might be wrong, though.

*goes to look*

I suddenly have the overwhelming urge to buy a new dress. *beats self* Do not spend money, do not spend money!!!  

Blackberry Sage

Sanddru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:53 am
MinaMouse
Abusive Mana - really? The dress I got is pretty comfy cotton, even my super perfectionist mom said it was good quality.

I'd be too afraid to go to the mall in my dress; it's so light colored and I'm a super clutz! When I tried it on for the first time (I neglected to mention this XD) but when I ran back upstairs to grab the headdress to show Mom, I tripped...UP the stairs! (thankfully didn't rip anything, but I've got a nice rugburn to show for it. crying )

Cosmates use fabric equivilant to that of cheap costumes used for school plays
Which is why I stopped buying from their site when the prices got higher
I'm not gonna pay so much for such low quality DDD:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:40 am
Abusive Mana, I love your sig, and thanks for the Cosmates review. It always makes me sad when companies make poor quality things, because when I do commisions, I actually go out of my way to find the best quality materials. I think it's a waste to make something to just be cheap. They could easily use better fabric, but put less trims on the dresses. And, it's not like they're using great lace, anyway.

Heh, I've turned into a lace snob since I started dressing lolita. I actually prefer ruffles to lace. Not only are they cheaper, but you don't have to worry about matching lace of your blouse and skirt. I do really love velvet ribbon, though. I haven't found the right garmet to put it on, but it works for decorating hats, and your hair.

I'm such a picky lolita, it's a wonder I find any clothing I actually love. sweatdrop I'm going to go take a picture of my recently finished dress...I'll edit this post, if no-one's replied.  

PearlZenith
Vice Captain

xxxdeletemexxx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:45 am
so faaaaaar....

I have bought:
http://inthestarlight.com/ginghamskirtbig.jpg
http://inthestarlight.com/teapartyblacknew.jpg
a petticoat from the same place and a pair of boots I picked up for $3 at the local thrift store.
All my accesories just tend to be random jewelry I think is cute or neckbands and bracelets I make out of ribbon from Wal-Mart.
I do have a tie I made, but it's plaid....
I have some black tops I pair with the skirts due to my lack of a proper loli top...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:27 pm
You're free to contradict me, but finishing a dress is as exciting as recieving new clothing in the mail...so I feel I'm not too off topic. Besides, this is about getting new stuff and showing it off, really, right?

But, it was probably a bad idea to stand in front of a white wall when wearing a light coloured dress. I look fatter than I am. My hair....needs stuff, but I was lazy. I'm going to see if I can find a friend to take a picture of me outside, even though it's freeeeezing cold.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/pearlzenith/GOLO/P1010053.jpg

Mizemanakins, I like the gingham skirt a lot. I have a gingham blouse in black and white. It's the only time I actually wear black and white together. Meta has a bustier that's gingham that I love, too.  

PearlZenith
Vice Captain

MinaMouse

Magnetic Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:16 pm
eek Pearl, that's you? You look so pretty! And don't think you're fat at all, I think you look perfect the way you are. That dress looks so adorable on you! And the necklace ties it together well. But maybe brown shoes would be better? The black is really contrasting against the rest of the outfit, but it's not so bad that you couldn't easily just wear it.

Your hair is really cute in that cut. ^_^ My hair is way too thick and big for a short style, plus I think I would die if I cut it, so it's always fun for me to see others looking cute with the cut.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to finish that?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:35 pm
Those actually aren't black shoes. They're a deep claret, and match the ruffle of my dress pretty well, in daylight. All the colours are mussed up by indoor light. I couldn't get my friend to take pictures, because everyone's busy with finals, so when I get home, my family will be more than happy to help me there...and it will be warmer. So, probably after the 14th.

Thanks for the compliments. ^__^ I know that I'm not fat, but I swear that wall makes me look less not fat. I really want a pair of brown button up boots. I look at all the cute sweet lolita shoes, and wish I could wear them, but most of them are too clunky looking.

Um...the dress took quite a while. The pattern I originally tried, with muslin, ended up looking fumpy, and it would have taken too much time to make it unfrumpy, so I frankensteined the bodice of a girl's summer dress with the skirt from my showchoir dress. I made a muslin of that, too, and turned it into the lining for the finished dress. So, the pattern (copying from my showchoir dress) took about an hour. Cutting out the muslin, sewing, and fitting that took at least another hour. The actual dress probably took 3-5 hours. I don't know the exact time, because I had to do a lot of sewing, trying it on, and altering, since I lost some weight after my initial fitting. >.< The ruffle took a few hours, because I had to hem it, gather it, and then sewed it on by hand. Not to mention that the dress was ruffleless for quite a while when I found the first fabric I had chosen looked horrid as a ruffle with the main fabric. I'll use it with a solid colour skirt, instead.

So, about 7-12 hours total, I would say. Broken up over a few months. I wore the dress without the ruffle a couple times.

It was based off the idea of this dress, but I didn't want cap sleeves, and that bow in front just doesn't look right, unless I get more of the fabric I used for the ruffle. I'm still considering it.
User Image  

PearlZenith
Vice Captain

Nezumi Kakashi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:01 pm
PearlZenith
You're free to contradict me, but finishing a dress is as exciting as recieving new clothing in the mail...so I feel I'm not too off topic. Besides, this is about getting new stuff and showing it off, really, right?

But, it was probably a bad idea to stand in front of a white wall when wearing a light coloured dress. I look fatter than I am. My hair....needs stuff, but I was lazy. I'm going to see if I can find a friend to take a picture of me outside, even though it's freeeeezing cold.

Mizemanakins, I like the gingham skirt a lot. I have a gingham blouse in black and white. It's the only time I actually wear black and white together. Meta has a bustier that's gingham that I love, too.

*glomp* you're sooooo cuuuuute~~~! ^0^ That's a beautiful dress~~~

Amanikitty: White bow or one hte color of hte dress would look gorgeous. I think the color should depend on how big you want the bow. If it's big, I'd say try to get it the same color as the dress. If it's on the smaller side, go for a cute white one. ^-^

Blackberry Sage: Oooooh goody, I must go raid Baby's site to see if I want to buy anything from them....<333 Which I most likely will. XD I'm actually thinking of just bypassing the cosmates dress and just ordering my first Japanese brand dress. <333 (The dress I wanted was the Fairy Yukata, 'cause it has bells <33 but I don't really like the skrit now that I think about it. I could probably make a better quality one myself anyway. confused )  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:44 pm
-C'est la lune qui conduit la danse...-

o: Okay. So same-color shoes and bow. And a white one just in case I don't want the bow so big. x3 And a white parasol!

That's really good, Pearl! D: I could never be able to sew my own stuff. [Unless I start going to the Fashion club... which I really don't have time to do. ;o;]

-...quand le soleil sera couché dans ton âme froide.-

Amanikitty

PearlZenith
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:04 pm
I sew it because I'm picky, and beause I don't like spending money...though, the work it takes has convinced me that buying brand is definitely worthwhile.

Ooh, white parasol. About a month ago, I considered ordering a parasol from Baby, since it was about 12USD, or so. I mean, that's not expensive, and good parasols are so difficult to find. But, even though I loved the parasol, it went with nothing that I own, and the only other thing I want from Baby is a blouse of theirs that could pass as classic, with the right skirt.

Thanks, Nezu! I hope you have money to spend if you're buying brand. It's very very worth it. Baby is an excellent brand, too.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:11 pm
PearlZenith

Omg...Pearl, you are gorgeous. eek Like i had any doubt though.

@
Nezumi Kakashi ---wow. really. adorable.

AT EVERYONE ELSE, i am gone for a day and this thread got so active. Amazing, really...and i am a lace-whore. I collect it like crazy.  

+Loli Lace+

PearlZenith
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:15 pm
I'm just happy that this guild has gotten more active. I used to feel all lonely a lot of the time. It's not that I'd want it to be huge, because then I would hardly know anyone who posted, but it's nice to actually have conversations.

Lace is pretty. I think I have some vintage lace left over from a skirt I trimmed. I could send you it, once I unpack, at home. I doubt I'll use it for anything else, since it's a small bit...maybe 20 inches, but I'm sure you could do something with it, or stare at it. XD  
The Lolita Society.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff