Submit

This Old Oscillator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:41 pm
Pein and Pleasure
Sickly_Devoted
pinky's "Gothest" thread

That place is still around? eek

I haven't been there in 3-4 years.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/who-is-the-gothest-where-the-fiends-get-their-fixxxxx/t.7279722/  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:03 pm
is pink eye still around?  

AEtherclaw

This Old Oscillator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:43 pm
I don't think so. At least not with that account. Her last post was in January.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:39 pm
My older Brother Jarn listened to it all the time *among other things*me being a hardcore metal head at First hated it with an intensity of a million desert suns but over the years I found it wasnt bad at all and now I maintain a steady collection of old records and Rare ep's and such but mainly listen to grind.........

jesus you ask a simple question and get a effing bio lol  

kenskea

AEtherclaw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:48 pm
a talking eggplant told me about it i just want gold  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:47 pm
This girl I used to hang out with through high school is at fault for everything. She got me to LOVE Christian Death and all of Rozz William's work.. then Skinny Puppy, then Sex Gang Children.. and so on and so forth.
She of course turned out to be a tool... but thats another story.
My family had a small part, though my sisters were more into punk and the more whispy goth music, like dead can dance and all that.  

DontPanic

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:57 am
well, before i got into deathrock/post-punk i listened (and still do btw) to punk rock and symphonic metal. I started hanging out with some goth's who took me to this club called 'club golem' where they played lots of cool music, but i didnt knew any of it. Then suddenly the DJ put romeos distress (first time i heard the song ever, never heard of christian death befor that) on, and at that point i knew i had to do some research on this type of music....and here i am.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:17 pm
It all started off, oddly enough, with Dave Navarro's "Venus in Furs" xd . I started searching for other versions of the song and found a Siouxsie and the Banshees cover... And got interested in Goth rock via Siouxsie. Pretty soon Bauhaus and Alien Sex Fiend and Christian Death and all the rest followed  

Oreo the Sphinx

Batlord Carcas

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:05 am
I found myself in Deathrock by the way of being a young punk rocker in jr. high (Had lots of comments calling me a "SKINHEAD" lol) in black corduroy shorts and a (neon green) t-shirt who loved horror/sci-fi movies, cartoons, and books, and listened to some old punk/hardcore like Black Flag and Dead Kennedys on a late night radio show broadcast on an alternative station, then they played Christian Death's "Deathwish"--I WAS HOOKED!!! By my sophomore year of High school I wore my black dress-clothing (Button Up Shirt and Slacks w/ black tie) ALOT because I was alienated from the sunny surf-wannabe preppie kids who wore Abercrombie & Fitch at the Christian school my parents had me enrolled in, and I was heavily listening to The Cure, Christian Death, and then THE MISFITS via internet radio, a raw tape, and the late nite punk radio broadcast, surviving as best as I could to hear my fave songs. After High School, I snapped! I got heavily into purchasing as much albums as I could to expand my Deathrock pallete with my prized possesions being Christian Death's "Only Theatre Of Pain", The Misfits 'Coffin' Boxed Set, Super Heroine's "Discography", 45 Grave "Sleep In Safety", and most recently the modern Deathrock band TRAGIC BLACK's album "The Decadent Requiem". ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:14 am
I was very much into punk,industrial and electro stuff till i became a huge fan of Siouxsie and the banshees. Later came up with Cinema Strange and Alien sex fiend and i love em! Especially Cinema Strange. Lately i'm playing in a coverband just for the fun. Love those old tunes  

Siouxsie A

Mrs. Pink Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:08 am
Pein and Pleasure
Sickly_Devoted
pinky's "Gothest" thread

That place is still around? eek

I haven't been there in 3-4 years.

YEP! And I live.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:12 pm
I was raped by Bella Lugosie as a child.  

PixieTramp

Konatafangrl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:18 pm
horror movies..

return of the living dead

45 grave

the lost boys

sister of mercy

then from there siouxsie to christian death to lydia lunch

it was more of my own discovery when i was about 10 i didnt really think like everyone else and i always was nerdy and artistic and i started to research bands like 45 grave and sister of mercy and it was listed as deathrock and goth so i eventually found magazines with bands in it and from there i would go listen to music such as depeche mode and siouxsie the cure and finally when i got the inernet i did more research and bam i knew all these bands and ended up likeing the music i wasnt to fond of pop music or hip hop like other kids my age and skater stuff that was happening just so annoying.

I think i was the only kid in jr high wearing purple vinyl pants with combat boots and black baby doll that said spooky and i was the only one wearing plum lipstick and had already dyed my hair black .

but kids didnt know what goth was yet they just called you marilyn manson back then.

from there i got into more and more bands and by the time hs came no one ever knew wth i was talking about lol.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:46 pm
About 2-3 years ago I got tired of radio music and went off on my own to search for something else to listen to and after deciding metal was not my thing and that rap was out of the question and most country was pretty boring...I discovered death rock as well as goth rock, futurepop, industrial, darkwave and dark cabaret.  

ChrissyDeath

Deathrock

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces