Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akahoshi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:38 pm
*Sigh* I need to get back to studying for a test. I need to get between a 70-80% to have any hope of getting my make above the danger zone.

Goodnight everyone heart

*Leaves a plate of muffins for everybody*

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:42 pm
Lang - I know. I'm so mad right now... I can't even find words. stressed

Akahoshi - Night! *munches on a muffin*  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Sir Langley
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:51 pm
Akahoshi > Good night, and good luck with the test. heart

*steals muffin* ninja

AyDee > Ugh. People make me so sick. gonk Such inconsiderate creatures we are. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:59 pm
We certainly are. Ugh. So far I know that Phillis and ami uzuki have had their accounts banned.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Sir Langley
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:23 pm
sad So I gathered from her thread, in the R&C.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:46 pm
T__T Phillis got banned... for not knowing? Well that just sucks. stare Arghh... >-<;;  

Find_The_XdOGx

oni cypress

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:12 pm
well that sucks, i did read the anouncment. i never though of what would happen if people bought art with it. crying

glad i didn't open up my new shop last week, which reminds me, i need to start working on that...

OMG, viewtifull joe is teh secks!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:19 pm
I'm back (was playing halo 2)

That does suck about the fishing thing  

Alucard_

Ryuuhou

Ruthless Visionary

11,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:22 pm
bwaaah you people are mood swinging!!!
*comes back after as while* xp  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:47 pm
life is viewtifull! heart

other than that i have nothing else to say.

mmm, thanks giving tommorrow. happy stuff yourself till you asplode day!  

oni cypress

Shiro Nishida

Tipsy Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:54 pm
man, I'm bummed about all the bad happenings and banning or people for buying art with counterfeit/hacked money, but unfortunately it's all up to the mods to solve this problem and hopefully give Phillis and ami uzuki their accounts back soon... i know moo_moo_chan went thru the same ordeal once, so it's definetly not fun (but in moo_moo_chan's case, it was because they got into her account and transferred money into her account to then transfer on to other accounts and let moo_moo_chan take the fall sad

anywho, could anyone mind and post the thread where phillis and ami uzuki state they have been banned? i would like to read it...either tonight or tomorrow...

and yes, i havent posted since page 335-336.... because i've had one bad trip (if you will) ... so for tonight i got on to see if any replies were made to me...

obviously, none were present.. but i like checking things out here from time to time, even if the happenings do not necesarily involve me ^^;

... I'll lurk around some more... then who knows :/ ... but I'll be around....  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:59 pm
*pokes in* Yeah, cuz art is technically not a Gaia item, so the trades were all one-sided.

Buy you'd think the artists would be able to send the admins proof of the deal...I mean, they still have copies of the art, no? And the details of the commissions would still be in the thread. So it's not like they don't have anything to show that they aren't just mule accounts.

I mean, the admins can't really check every single trade to see if it was a minishop or R&C purchase. That would take forever. So instead, they ban the accounts and let the innocent proove their innocence. *sigh* Not fair, but a heck of a lot less time consuming.

Assuming they unbann the artists. They better. o.O
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Murr. I hate to think that the people who would commission artists would do something so careless as to get the artists in trouble...after they took the time to draw for them! scream

Kinda makes me glad I'm taking a rest from Gaia spending.  

Songjewel

Shiro Nishida

Tipsy Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:09 pm
yes, it does make you feel glad about it ^^ ... i just wish that with the provided proof from these banned artists provide their accounts be restored as soon as possible.. and i do not mean three weeks (like one case i remember... but forgot the details :/)

and on my above post... it wasn't moo moo chan's account which got banned ^^; it was a person whom i met on the charity forum... which because of her boyfriend finding an exploit and reporting it to the mods got him and her involved in a ban... three day ban apparently ^^;

her name's Lull ... and if i am correct, she's taking a break from gaia right now 3nodding .. but still ... the sooner this clears up, the better ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:15 pm
its unfair to ban accounts since the script makers didnt do Pilot Testing on any of their scripts, else this wouldntve happened. But its the easiest way out, and time is money. We have to accept it even if we dont like it.

If any given day everything goes poof and no one has any gold left and no one had any items left, we have to accept it too, even if it sounds horribly unfair. Its a risk we are taking when we log in here everytime.  

Ryuuhou

Ruthless Visionary

11,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Shiro Nishida

Tipsy Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:21 pm
Yes, Ryuu... it is a risk we take, because believe it or not, we are all in fact, testers of a website... the difference is we aren;t being paid... and we are on ALPHA stage still... even though the avatar generator is on ver. 2.0 qwirks appear everywhere... and actually it isn't the scripter's fault... how could you figure out the script you had created couldn't withstand being abused by over 3000 connections at one single time? (and actually, scripts get hit with a load of over 6k people logging in and out of the forums) ...

remember, this is phBB code they are using... it is experimental, and on the phBB forums, you can see Lanzer saying he uses hacks in order to minimize the load of the entire MySQL server query load ... so in reality, we do the task into testing what is the actual limit on Lanzer and his whole staff's coding abilities really are, and how far can this coding widthstand the beating of this many users at one single time connected from anywhere AND everywhere on the planet....

if everything went poof...it just does... and hell, i'd be glad if it did... because in the end it's the memories you create with the people you meet on the forums that really matter.

EDIT: and with those thoughts i go to sleep...

and no, i didn't change my skin/color to look like Sj! honest! xd

ok ok... yes i did...but only because it would be fun to look like twin buddies! 3nodding xd g'night, G.A.S.O.C.! heart whee  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games