Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nyome

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:50 pm
oof. >_< I see you guys saw the announcements too.

The whole bad thing happened yesterday night, which I'm sorry I couldn't explain enough to you AD- I just put it in the "run spot run" version fer ya. Though probably I should've gone more in depth. Today was basically the Banning day. >_>

Below is the story for anyone who feels like sitting down on the story rug and listen to how Nyome's day went with the glitched gold:

If anyone saw my auction at about page 138 or so, there was a guy called XXLargePimpin who came and offered 1.5 million bid for my art. u_u everyone in my thread jumped on him cuz Against me! had sold his minis just to be able to bid. :/ course, he said he got the gold "From his bro" and no one really asked the name. it goes on to just debate about "nyome shouldn't take the bid, it's immoral" or whatnot. >_< I came home after 4 hours of volunteer work at the hospital, followed straight by 6 hours of homework, and I finally get online and I see all that hate in my thread- so I forgot to ask his bro's name too. @_@ but I accepted the bid, because frankly I've seen crazier things. :/ and he seemed to have the gold, cuz he sent a trade to Against me! and he did indeed have 1.5 million.

Course, the whole "glitched gold" thing didn't come into notice til after I came home. Shin warned me about the glitched gold thing, and indeed it was glitched gold. So I reported him. >_> I'm not saying how, but it got ...processed..quite fast. <_<

I had no idea he had any other connections with other specific artists. :/ all I knew was that he bidded in my auction, Dizzyredhead's auction, and...I can't remember the last one. Elu? ~_^;; He also made a thread in chatterbox asking for "hoes" and probably dragged down at least 10-20 people with him. I'm just sorry he wasn't banned fast enough and all those people got hurt. The only ones I really knew about were Phillis and Aeriana.

I've told Aeriana the best thing she can do now is to write an appeal and hope it works. :/ the R&C artists and regulars stand at least a better chance of getting unbanned. >_< I've spent all of today since I woke up trying to see what could be done about this banning. But it seems all we can do is wait. :/

It's the lasting consequences I'm worried about. People have left Gaia because of this. I've been PMing/IMing like crazy to see if I could POSSIBLY do something. >_< I was close to leaving myself. In the end I'm too attached to people though, and the only real result is that I'm going to cut back on Gaian art. by quite a bit. >_< This auction mess is NOT fun anymore, nor do commissions really do it for me now, and contests and art trades never have interested me terribly much. But, it's not like that's too huge- I'm more worried about the other artists. I had to PM dizzy and tell her that her HB of 500K was composed of glitched gold. T0T artistic morale is precious~

==

Shiro: they banned LULL? x_____X that sweet precious girl~~ heart (( she and her BF are the commission couple that I posted in the critique thread. :/ ))

ugh. >_< 3 day ban only though right?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:53 pm
and yet, we still come here daily. and the site still grows tremendously. it sure has changed a lot since the early days. ah its wonderfull.

edit: much comfort for you nyome. its a good thing you found out about that in time  

oni cypress

Sir Langley
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:07 pm
Ugh. Nyome, that's terrible.
I don't understand how people can be so immoral, and inconsiderate towards others.
It's just absolutely sickening, and utterly disappointing.

There are reasons why I never venture outside of this guild, and 'Insolent people' is right on top of the list.

I'm very sorry to hear what happened. Hopefully, things can be clarified, and this situation will just pass.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:27 pm
*sigh*

more reasons why i wich there where sighing emoticons.

ok! happy go fun time! something fun! yeah, right now! nothing beats the blues like good times and goofing off.  

oni cypress

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:04 am
...I wonder if this will inspire another rant. I dunno yet; I'm too tired.

In other news, your amazing leader drove around like an IDIOT for an hour in a bad part of town, not realizing that by "E 206," they actually meant "Richmond Road." How stupid of me not to realize the obvious connection between the two. Argh. I'm going to bed now. Angrily. For some Angry Sleep. G'night, guild.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:35 am
Argh, I hate peeps exploiting glitches, just seems a little harsh on the admin's work sweatdrop

And after hearing those stories, I'm actually afraid of Ideki losing my auction, since, from what I know, he's very honest in his work, and he'll pay up just about any amount of gold to win my art.

However if in some way the artists get banned, I hope it wouldn't be an IP ban. Because, they had no idea it was glitched gold in the first place sad Well, if any asks for a questionable sane amout of gold, I'll make sure to be careful about it 3nodding

*hugs everyone* Let's just hope that the mods and admins can clear this mess up before anyone else innocent gets banned!

By the way, Thanksgiving just hit over here, so I'm gonna wish you all a Happy Turkey Day whee

EDIT: KYA!! The new donation items are out...the BTC hat ish teh kawaii *0*  

Memai-kins

Chibi Koji

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:04 am
I dont wanna respond to the rest, Im tired... sweatdrop

Memai- The whole banning thing is scary. o_o Im hoping I dont die, even though I doubt Ill get any of those large sums of gold. xp

Yay for Thanksgiving! We ditched the turkey this year, and we're having pizza, chinese food, and pasta. xd I had it with nasty decaptitated turkeys sitting in front of me expecting me to digest it, so I complained enough to just have good food instead. xp

The new donation items WROK. crying Ice claws...so prettyful. heart I want the hat too...damnit. xp

*commissions self away*  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:28 am
*ish spreading random Turkey Day luff*

Todaybor day is Turkey Day
What daybor day is Turkey Day

Turkey Day, Turkey Day,
C'mon everybody it's Turkey Day
Turkey Day, Turkey Day,
C'mon everybody it's Turkey Day!

If you sing it in a Homestar voice it's really funny. Also, it's a modified version of one of Homestar Runner's songs biggrin  

Memai-kins

Ryuuhou

Ruthless Visionary

11,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:35 am
happy thanksgiving day everyone ^_^
I can smell the turkey being cooked in the oven.

and these new items are nice, but i don't see myself wearing this hat for long sweatdrop and i can wear this hat over my eyes too eek

i like the ice claw, you can have either the claws or this ice blade, the many positions make it better whee

swooshes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:12 am
My sis Yubeki has one of those new hats. Everyone's loving these new items more that they're saying that the prices for the AFK (notice how the new hat looks a lot like it) is going to decrease ninja

But what I really want are the new store items, those little kitty hats 3nodding Since...they kind of look like one of my old hats!  

Memai-kins

Alucard_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:23 am
Memai Shirosaki
*ish spreading random Turkey Day luff*

What daybor day is Turkey Day

Turkey Day, Turkey Day,
C'mon everybody it's Turkey Day
Turkey Day, Turkey Day,
C'mon everybody it's Turkey Day!

If you sing it in a Homestar voice it's really funny. Also, it's a modified version of one of Homestar Runner's songs biggrin

eek I LOVE THE LABORDAY SONG!!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:40 am
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!! (It's not celebrated at mt country, but even so... whee )

I had no idea about the things with the glitched gold, until I saw the announcements. I've read Nyome's post and it made me sad, I knew Aeriana.... sad She was such a nice girl.

What a mess, frankly... sad  

Deuxia Devonair

Shiro Nishida

Tipsy Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:59 am
*breathes in and lets out a heavy sigh*

stare yes i know about the roleplaying thingy.... still, that's how i feel ...

thanks for that interesting read Nyome, even though it was rather sad too (also i read from page 138 up and saw the whole melodrama unfold until page 153 xd ) [ plus i really didn't like sahjiri's attitude towards it all but i wonder what would have happened if she found out the moment she was posting those comments she would have been comfronted that that 1.5mil was actually counterfeit and risked getting you banned, Nyome :/....still i agree with Jade-chan's view towards it all (because she's the bloody french maid! xd heart ]

And yes, Nyome... Lull ... much much heart 's for her weherver she may be right now with her bf... both of them are worth real gold whee and i met them one day before they got banned for the whole item cloning fiasco while i ran my nitemare scarf fundraiser charity 3nodding

And yes...thankfully Dri made the attepmt to contact higher ups and were unbanned after three days ... even though Kaiyuss (Lull's bf account) found the hack and told some mod about it :/

still it is good you found out in time...and much heart 's for Shin, always keeping an eye out for artists on gaia wink ...

Yes, Langley. There are many reasons why venturing out of GASOC is bad, but think about it this way... if we didn;t ever venture out of GASOC...how could we have found out about the banning and hacking/scamming going on around the R&C ... or the whole of Gaia, for that matter? ... we all have to take chances once in awhile...even if miss the chance or our luck runs bad... neutral

A.D. ... i would like to read one of your rants anytime ^^ (like to..because love to would denote my undivided attention span whenever you speak with wrath about things! 3nodding )

and you're not stupid.... you just made a mistake ^^ we all do once in awhile too 3nodding

Memai... for that auction of yours i bet Ideki will strive and win the auction 3nodding ... knowing his style... he's bound to do whatever it takes...even if people bid with counterfeit money! biggrin (hell, i've been at odds with him before, but i'd gladly help him win the bid 3nodding ... just don't tell him that sweatdrop )

Happy thanksgivings to everyone in GASOC~!!! heart heart hope you don't choke on the turkey! gonk and lucky you of the few who happen to be vegetarian!! whee ....

p.s. Ryuuhou's prolly about to unleash another masterpiece whee xd ... gonk *expects Ryuuhou to not lend him ice claws...because Ryuuhou KNOWS how much Shiro wants them* crying  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:04 am
here is the pic i promised to langley, i know it has 2 or 3 mistakes but, hey! its free sweatdrop

wait a minute, if i am ripping the pose off a wallpaper... is it still my art?

well here is the step by step i did on paint, so you have an idea of how i did it whee

first we look for a secksy pose
then we trace the lines we are going to ... erhm use.
then we compress colors to take out more easily the pixels we are not gonna use
then we only leave the black lines and clean it
Then we add the Langley effect
then we fix some lines to suit a more Langleyish look

after that all these lines are painted black and then use the colors from the avatar and pass them onto the picture. Then take darker colors from the avatar's shadows and use them in the pictures shadow. The we add text and

voila!

Ryuuhou MSPaint Pose ripp off Tutorial!~~~ xd

now wasnt that fun? blaugh  

Ryuuhou

Ruthless Visionary

11,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Ryuuhou

Ruthless Visionary

11,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:06 am
FYI shiro didnt predict me posting that, he was peeking at my room!!!! scream

bad man groupie! biggrin  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games