Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Lolita Society.

Back to Guilds

Tags: gothic lolita, japanese fashion, lolita 

Reply The Lolita Society.
Characters in the Lolita stage (Introduce yourself!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 40 41 42 43 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyttyee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:19 am
Name: Kyttyee
Interests:
* Lolita - As evidenced by the fact that I joined this guild! I've been interested in Lolita for about three years now, although I haven't gotten the courage/time/resources to really start collecting pieces and dressing in Lolita until the last year or so. I'm straddling the line between classical and sweet. I prefer the sleeker silhouettes and more mature prints seen with classical brands, but I also have a love of pastels and frilly things. The Innocent World brand represents my tastes pretty well, since they are classically styled but do offer things along a sweeter vein.
* Linguistics - I will be entering a PhD program in linguistics in September!! I'm currently trying to finish off a Masters in electrical engineering/computer science that is vaguely linguistics related ^.^
* Music - I play piano (primary instrument by far), violin, and guitar. And I love singing. My musical tastes are pretty eclectic (I don't like rap, or any genres where the singing style involves yelling/screaming... but other than that...). I love classical music, but I'm also a big fan of J-Pop!
* Knitting - I'm a knitter, although a slow one because I'm too busy/lazy to finish anything very quickly
* Sewing - I enjoy sewing my own clothes, both for everyday wear and for my cosplays.
* Crafts in general - I love doing crafts in general, including jewelry making, paper crafts, and making things with polymer clay.
* Anime/Manga - I'm a big otaku ^.^ <3 And I love cosplaying too!

But ummm... yeah ^.^ So that's me! I hope to get to know lots of friends through this guild!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:18 am
Hey there and welcome, Kyttyee! From reading your introduction post, we've a lot in common--

- I play the piano and violin, too (I think I play the latter better, though ^^'')
- I love sewing, lolita clothes or not!
- We're both cosplayers (finally, there's another one in this guild! whee Who do you typically cosplay?)
- We're both otaku at heart! :3
- Oh, and lolita! XD I lean towards gothic and classic myself, but sweet's cute, too~

Again, welcome, and I can't wait to see you around the guild! Just be active, nice to the mods, and don't have a high horse have a good time. We're rather friendly here. Really. c:

Crystal Orchid

MissMonsterBear

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:06 pm
Name: Froggy
Likes: Well, I've been into lolita for a good while now. Mainly sweet lolita, but I so sometimes tend to revert to gothic because of the elegance of it. I'm a theater major, yes, I know it seems weird, but my school has majors. I'm, well was, a concert vocalist, though after a few years I've started to get tired of it, personal reasons. I'm into design and sewing, hoping to save up enough money to get into the Tokyo Design Academy in Harajuku. I'm a sucker for anything cute, small, fluffy, or Sanrio. I like most pastries and Italian food, also Japanese food. I've never really been a big anime fan, but there are some I somewhat like. My favorite brands would have to be Angelic Pretty and Moitie. I also am planning to start to learn embroidery, it's pretty! I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to some stuff. I used to larp Vampire the Masquerade, XD yes, it's ok to laugh. Now I'm mainly just on the internet all day untill school gets in, oh, not to mention the following of conventions in the area.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:09 pm
Welcome to the guild, Froggy!  

spuntino
Crew

C a t h a r s i s

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:17 pm
Name: Kristin irl, Sherridea on LJ
Intersts: Anime/ Manga, Sewing, gaming, crafts, deco den, being girly, drawing
General location: Switches between SoCal and NorCal.
A little about me:
I've been sewing since I was 8, when my mom decided it was time for her to teach me. I've been into lolita since I was 13, and bought my first brand items on a trip to NY, at the Kino book store when I was probably 17 or 18. Until then, I improvised and sewed my own clothes. Now that I'm in college and don't have a full time job and money goes to other things, I've started to sew more again as I can't afford brand as much.

You'll probably see quite a few sewing projects of mine, here! I'm usually a sweet lolita- but I've gotten tired of an all-pink wardrobe. I'm starting to lean to more classical styles, hime-lolita styles. Jesus Diamante is currently my dream brand, but I can't afford a single thing from them.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:42 pm
Welcome to the guild, Kristin! I've missed seeing you around, what with LD being pretty dead.

spuntino
Crew

C a t h a r s i s

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:05 pm
Awww, I didn't know I would be missed! <3 Thanks. :3

I hadn't actually realized for the longest time that I was kicked out of this guild for inactivity. Oops haha.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:54 pm
Yeah, I did a mass purge a while back. @_@;;

The new sorting system makes it easier to find people who don't post, though. So I probably won't have to do that one again.

spuntino
Crew

The Candy MONSTaR

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:29 pm
Hi, everyone!
My name is Cara. I'm 16 years old, and I've been into lolita for 2 years.
I like to sew, so I sew most of my loli items from bows to blouses.
Usually I like to dress V-Punk though.
It's nice to meet you all! Feel free to add me :]  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:50 am
Name: Nicole
Intersts: Anime/ Manga, Sewing/Cosplaying, Singing, Danceing, Acting, Figure Skating, Photography, Animals, Disney, and Lolita
General location: Long Island NY
A little about me: Ive always loved wearing frilly dresses and I never wear pants mostly skirts. Ive been into cosplaying for 6 years and while looking up stuff I came across the lolita fashion. I have been in to lolita fashion for 4 years but only been able to wear it and afford it for 2 years. Its the perfect fashion for me because Ive always loved wearing dresses and Im such a disney princess 4laugh Im part of a group on Live Journal called the Long Island Lolitas. And we get together people from Long Island and NYC and put together lolita meet ups. Its very fun.  

SailorEarth89

spuntino
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:33 pm
Welcome to the guild, Cara and Nicole! (:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:35 pm
Name: dyspteris abortivaria
work status: student
Interest: sewing, Fimo, henna, drawing, cosplay, animes,etc.
movies: Kong Fu Panda, Disney movies, Tim Burton movies, Luc Besson movies, Miyazaki movies.
Dislike: barking dogs at 4 in the moning, loaded trashcans, bitter food, missing the bus.

edited!  

Dyspteris abortivaria

Mikaino

Salty Raider

16,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:44 pm
Hello everyone, I'm Mikaino. :3 I go by Kurara, and sometimes Midori if I'm in the mood. xD I'm new at making my own outfits and buying clothes, but I've known about the lolita style for a few years :3
I'm an aspiring Sweet Lolita. <3 I'm 19, and ummm.. xD anything else is on my profile. :3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:36 am
Welcome aboard, Mikaino! That's a lot of manga you've got there. XD  

Crystal Orchid

spuntino
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:24 am
Welcome to the guild, the both of you! I hope you enjoy your stay.

The Lolita Society.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 40 41 42 43 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff