Welcome to Gaia! ::

The United Forums of Gaia

Back to Guilds

Tags: general, discussion, chat, hangout, intelligent 

Reply The United Forums of Gaia
The Venting Junkyard Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 332 333 334 335 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Waltz for Luma
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:00 pm
I don't, but I was with Ryan and it was after a concert and stuff so I'm not surprised. We were in a big crowd, and it happened very quickly.

I'm sure it disappointed him that I gave no reaction whatsoever. Didn't squeak or jump or anything worth bragging about.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:14 pm
You should as protection being such a little city girl and all. That or a tazor, those things will make any sane person think twice by only hearing it crackle.

Why would it disappoint ryan? Was he hoping to knock the persons teeth out?  

Aeolusis
Crew

Waltz for Luma
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:52 pm
I mean, I think it disappointed the guy who grabbed me.

Though Ryan was also disappointed that I didn't scream or defend myself or say something to draw attention to it until after we were away from people.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:15 pm
I'd be with Ryan on this ground, you need to draw attention to this kind of s**t, and defend yourself.
Don't let people walk all over you just because your a little woman.  

Aeolusis
Crew

AirisMagik

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:49 pm
Random stranger?

Make sure you don't have a stalker.

I'm not joking. If someone is stalking you, and they're advancing, it could quickly lead to very terrible things.

So. Other than that, there's not much else you can do, except forget about it, or prepare a defense/response to such a situation again.

But, be safe, please.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:56 am
I don't know about Yst, but for me it wasn't a stalker. Once again, I was at a concert. I was surrounded by my friends, that guy was surrounded by his friends, lots of people rubbing past each other and trying to leave to get back to their cars.

I think he grabbed me because my friends and I were in their way, and I could tell he was getting impatient behind us. (My friends didn't notice, so they kept walking slow and I just kept their pace.)

He didn't grab me until AFTER we got out of their way... But still, I'm not surprised, and it happened very quickly, and I didn't feel threatened. Just really pissed off.

I'm not the kind of girl that people stalk, I've never had a stalker.  

Waltz for Luma
Crew

AirisMagik

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:28 am
Well, that's good.

;o

But, stalkers don't have a "type" of girl, I thinks.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:37 am
I was stalked in 7th grade by one of my classmates. My sister and my friend Melissa found him sneaking around and watching me and beat him up and stole his backpack. ):

I felt bad for him. A couple years later he was less creepy and we became friends.

And all this talk of molestation is uncomfortable. And sometimes it's not that easy to just defend yourself (Not saying Aivi didn't 'cause she was scared 'cause she already said why and stuff, but saying "you should have done derp derp derp" isn't very helpful in any case). I'm one of the strongest people I know, but I was sexually assaulted on a bus and I was so terrified and felt so helpless I didn't know how to defend myself and the bus driver wouldn't help me. I managed to get away and get off at the nearest stop I could, but it was really difficult.

Prince Reddy

Romantic Reveler

Aldo

Vicious Warlord

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:37 pm
reddy2bplayd
I was stalked in 7th grade by one of my classmates. My sister and my friend Melissa found him sneaking around and watching me and beat him up and stole his backpack. ):

I felt bad for him. A couple years later he was less creepy and we became friends.

And all this talk of molestation is uncomfortable. And sometimes it's not that easy to just defend yourself (Not saying Aivi didn't 'cause she was scared 'cause she already said why and stuff, but saying "you should have done derp derp derp" isn't very helpful in any case). I'm one of the strongest people I know, but I was sexually assaulted on a bus and I was so terrified and felt so helpless I didn't know how to defend myself and the bus driver wouldn't help me. I managed to get away and get off at the nearest stop I could, but it was really difficult.
A girl who fell in love with me* was getting stalkerish in that she found out where I lived and some other things without me telling her. At night I would imagine her climbing up to my window and it would scare me. ... I was 15 at the time razz .

Anyway, yes, stalkers are creepy as hell. u_u

In your case I would have screamed, I think. In the public domain that might lead to a reaction. Not fool-proof, mind you. Still, hindsight 20/20 and all that.

*and probably only girl /a bloo bloo bloo  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:07 pm
Aldo
reddy2bplayd

A girl who fell in love with me* was getting stalkerish in that she found out where I lived and some other things without me telling her. At night I would imagine her climbing up to my window and it would scare me. ... I was 15 at the time razz .

Anyway, yes, stalkers are creepy as hell. u_u

In your case I would have screamed, I think. In the public domain that might lead to a reaction. Not fool-proof, mind you. Still, hindsight 20/20 and all that.

*and probably only girl /a bloo bloo bloo

Well, I cried out for help, but like I said...the bus driver didn't stop or seem to care. ):  

Prince Reddy

Romantic Reveler

CarbonatedWater

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:38 pm
you're a terrible teacher and i can't wait until your class is over, because you're an a*****e.

i hate algebra.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:04 pm

I mean, even my self-defense instructor in high school told all us girls (and the two guys that chose to take aerobics) that if we were being attacked to yell fire instead of rape, 'cause then people will come running to look instead of staying away. *shrug*

Hey Pasta

Shameless Genius

9,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hive Mind 200

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
********. I edited your post instead of quoting it. This will teach me to use forums when my mom has her head IMBEDDED SIX FEET UP MY a**! When I wanted a little attention, she was quite happy to IGNORE ME, but now that I just want to be left alone... "Blah blah blah blah blah..." GO AWAY! stressed

Hey Pasta

I mean, even my self-defense instructor in high school told all us girls (and the two guys that chose to take aerobics) that if we were being attacked to yell fire instead of rape, 'cause then people will come running to look instead of staying away. *shrug*

This. This is good.

The "she asked for it" bullshit is still far too prevalent a way of thinking when it comes to unwanted sexual advances.

If all else fails, grab, twist, and pull. If you do it right, you may prevent the world from having to deal with the ******** offspring.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:41 pm
I might want to emphasize again that the "Ryan" Sirius is talking about is NOT me. It is a person who is actually CALLED "Ryan" in real life. I usually go by John, myself, but Ryan Jakobi was a pseudonym I found very useful in my early Net days.  

RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
The United Forums of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 332 333 334 335 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games