Welcome to Gaia! ::

9th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

Tags: Annual Ball, User Run, 9th Annual Ball, Gaia Ball 

Reply Room Planning
Haus D'Amour (Envy & Love Planning Room) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShiinaNinja

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:53 am
Writing contest test thread  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:43 am
The layouts for your contests are really nice, Ninja and Yui! =D I like it! And to answer your question, just choose a room in general. Heck, you can even put your contest in a hallway, but for your contest intro it's preferable that you put it in a place where there are things associated with it. For example, for a writing contest normally it's put in a place with books or scriptures, like the library. Or for art it can be anywhere with paintings. Then you just describe how the ball goers is entranced to be dragged into the contests. Maybe they were inspired by the paintings and found a paintbrush and empty canvases lying somewhere. Basically it's something like that. XD Also, when you're done with the contest threads send them to me to edit the writings. I can probably help with that. =D

ALSO I DON'T KNOW WHY, BUT THERE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SUPER IMPORTANT POST HERE BUT IT'S GONE. SO NOW I WILL REWRITE AGAIN.

There are some changes in the plot which you have to be aware of. It's not any major changes, but it's something worth taking note of.

In order to escape the pain of having to write another poem, Dusky and I have decided that in order to get Vincent out of the dream catcher, Shizuki will have to touch the dream catcher and talk to it, and their love will be the key for Vincent to find the will inside him to escape the dream catcher. And for Juan, we decided to let the Yeti force a potion down him which enhances its virtue, which causes him to go all lovey dovey and clingy. In order to solve this crisis, Ball go-ers will have to share love stories, the funnier or touching the better, to snap him out of it. Also, just curious. Besides Shizuki and Vincent, would anyone else like to pair up at the end of the Ball? XD

SO THAR. 8D  

Jinarrow
Crew

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Swervey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:36 pm
Yui, Shiina, I love you guys so much for getting those started. They still need work on them, like the bulk of the intro and stuff, but they're nicely started for sure. Just think about what shu said and you definitely want to add an area to your thread where you'll be posting the entries you have so far. That way when judging time comes it's easy to look through all your entries and get rid of the ones you don't like to narrow it down. Then either shu or I or both of us can help you edit the intros and stuff. So other than that, just keep up the good work and get them done biggrin Btw, the layouts look really awesome! I love the graphics you two decided to use.

Sub, and Sailor, all of you need to work on your contests. Cakes and Yui, both of you need to figure out when you can meet up to work on your thread together. Or you can email each other, whatever works. Just make sure to keep in contact.

Shu, again you had a couple places where the tense changed, so I slightly edited it:

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:23 am

Room Introduction

You open your eyes slowly, blinking to adjust to the sudden intrusion of light piercing your pupils. After a few moments regaining your orientation, you find yourself sitting on soft red carpet blanketing what looks like a long hallway. You quickly stumble to your feet. The lighting is dim and you can barely see anything, but even with the bone-chilling and disturbing atmosphere, you summon the courage and start walking down the hallway, but before you can make it very far, you trip and crash to the floor. You dust yourself off and look to find what tripped you. There's a small golden plaque on the floor, and written in large, curvy letters it reads ‘Haus D’Amour.’

Surprised, you look around to see where it came from when the plaque starts to glow. In harmonic resonance, a large golden door surfaces from the brick walls of the tower. You forget walking down the hallway any further and curiously reach out to grab the handle. You turned it slowly, hesistantly, and wrench it open. The first thing that strikes you is a stabbing cold winter wind and wet snow crunching beneath you as you step into the winter land paradise. You look up to see a beautiful snow covered garden with a tall, oak-coloured mansion decorating its view. When you reach the door of the mansion, you are greeted by a tall, middle-aged man with neatly combed black hair. “Welcome to Haus D’Amour. My name is James, and this is the mansion of the virtue and sin of Love, and Envythe brothers Juan and Luke,*” he greets warmly. ‘Welcome to Haus D'Armor of the 9th Gaia User-Run Annual Ball. I do hope you enjoy your time here!’
*(Should we add something about Envy and Love being Luke and Juan?)

And is there anytime this upcoming week we can meet up to work on the contests and stuff? Because I'm going to be gone again the 6th-13th >.< Also, I haven't heard back from Sub at all so I'm getting pretty worried.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:01 am
Shu and Dusky thanks for the advice, now i can get cracking with the thread's information. Don't worry i'm in contact with Cakes, so we're working on it together.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
rawr im a dinosaur

Hogwarts is never gone as long as those who remain are loyal!  

yui-roks

7,825 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200

ShiinaNinja

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:40 am
Thanks for the great comments. Obviously I still need to finalise things but I have to say a big thank you to Yui. Without your help I would never have had awesome graphics. So thanks Yui for helping me with my contest thread biggrin whee  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:03 am
wait, i'm not doing a contest dusky. i WAS, but it got cancelled, and i decided to wait to be involved cause this is only my first year working on the ball. it starts the 19'th, right? that means we only got 20 days. LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN!  

sailor sunburst

Eloquent Fairy

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

Swervey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:54 am
Sailor, I hadn't realized that, sorry >.< In that case you can think of some contest ideas and just hang around I suppose.

Yui, that's good to hear. I just wanted to make sure =)

Shiina if you need any help go ahead and ask any of us.

P.S. >.< Most awkward moment of my LIFE happened...just a few minutes ago. Ugh. And it'll probably get worse.

Tektek contest.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:33 am
okay, im finally established in a barracks in America smile I am very sorry on not writing the intro, but my life is kinda REALLY sucking the time out of my days. But from here on out ill get online every time i can. Oh, a few minutes ago I talked to a lt.colonel on what was the standard for uniform dusk, he looked at me like i had polka dots on my face... It was extremely awkward... oh and Shu, I will be working on my contest page smile I will clear what i have on my chart for the ball date, using vacation days XD  

Sublette

7,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200

Jinarrow
Crew

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:16 am
LOL Okay, Sub! Just work on your contest and be present in the ball.

Yaaaaaaaay if you guys need any help I'll be here.

... In the midst of working on my contest... XP Not done yet, I'm afraid.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:08 am
Right i have summat important to tell you guys.
I'm moving house and i don't know if i'm moving on the 12th or on the last week of august, so i'm not sure if it will clash with ball. Hopefully it'll be on the last week and then there'll be nothing to worry about, but i thought you might want to know there is a small possibility that me and shiina can't make the ball.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
rawr im a dinosaur

Hogwarts is never gone as long as those who remain are loyal!  

yui-roks

7,825 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200

Swervey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:43 am
Sub! It's good to see your back and alive! We were worried there =)

Shu, we need to talk about the contests, are there any days we can meet up before Saturday? If not, there are a couple of notes in the test layout I made we need to talk about.

Yui, lets just hope you'll be able to be here. We need everyone we can >.<  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:43 am
LOLOLOL Sure! I'm fine any day. Tomorrow? Same time as usual.

D8 D8 D8 This... is quite terrible. Seriously, if you guys REAAAAAALLY can't make it, inform us as soon as possible! I'll try asking Lady As or Broken if there are anybody who could help us with this........ Or at worse, we'll just have to handle with two mules each. @_@ *dies*

God, if you really exist, help us out here, please?  

Jinarrow
Crew

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

ShiinaNinja

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:06 am
Guys don't worry about what Yui said we will be able to make it. This morning my mum came to me and Yui saying that we are planning on moving on the 23rd of August but the person whose house we have bought wants to move on the 1st of September. So it's alright we can make it to the ball  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:40 pm
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!! *does boogie dance* Things do work out in the end! ;w; Thank you God or whoever's out there doing this! *bows bows bows*

Anywaaaaaaay. The room layout isn't here yet... And we better start buying the prizes. So... Everyone, for your contests, how would you like to work out your prizes?  

Jinarrow
Crew

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Jinarrow
Crew

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:10 am
Read the following instructions carefully! (LOL This sounds like reading a manual XD)

I am about to send you guys the money for the prizes for each contest. I will send them from my mule (Big Brother Love) to the rest of you as followed: Ninja and Yui's personal accounts for their respective contests, The Sinful Envy and James teh Bartender (mules) for their own.

Each contest will get a total of minimum 366,696 Gold and one Double Rainbow (chance item) to spend for their prizes. These standard rules apply:
1) There must be minimum one item prize for at least the first two winners (1st and 2nd place) or the first three winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd place).
2) If there is ONLY one item prize for the first two places there MUST be cash prizes (a certain number of cash) included. Third place winners are allowed to receive cash prizes only.
3) The total prizes for the first place must exceed in value of the second place (in other words, it should cost more, or is more valuable), and the second cost more than the third.
4) If there is not enough money from the gold I have given you to cover all the expenses for the prizes of your contest, you are allowed to use your own cash.
5) If there is excess Gaia Gold left in the amount I've given you, you are to return the money to my mule (Big Brother Love) via trade.

You will receive the prize money and items only after you finish with your respective contest threads, and show it to us. Then I will send the gold to you via trade. Note that the contest threads you are doing now are just test threads. When the Ball rolls in, you will have to post your contest in the Ball Page or the test forum. I'm not so sure about this yet but when the time comes we'll find out.

Also, starting from this Sunday (the 7th) to next Friday (the 12th), if you do NOT have a mule, please dress up in your Ball outfit as soon as possible. This is so that I can take pictures of your characters and post them on the front page of the Ball thread.

Room Planning

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff