Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NewtypeS3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:07 am
Barsona
Quiz:
Check this out
I know, but to everyone else, why is this so special?

Because this is limited-edition stuff sold only at Japan's 'Gundam: The Ride' and is unavalible anywhere else.

That, and it's another import kit.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:29 pm
And it comes with a LAUNCH/SPECIAL DECALS!! I WANNIT domokun  

ChibiDuo

Vivio1412

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:17 pm
ChibiDuo
And it comes with a LAUNCH/SPECIAL DECALS!! I WANNIT domokun

did you buy it?
this item has been on ebay for quite awhile, which I am surprised about  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:02 pm
My Providence Zaku is now part of...
User Image
Cyclops Team conversions! A bunch of Zaku fans trying to make a complete line of MSV.  

Ophiuchus
Captain

Xeon Sempai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:42 am
NewtypeS3
Well, I finally got a digital camera, so I can show off some of those Kitbashes I mentioned earlier - as well as some custom paintjobs. Yay!

I apologize to anyone with 56K, though. XD

KITBASHES:

Judicious use of masking tape could really aid your paintjobs.

Also, those Char's customs seem awfully...pink.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:51 am
Xeon Sempai
NewtypeS3
Well, I finally got a digital camera, so I can show off some of those Kitbashes I mentioned earlier - as well as some custom paintjobs. Yay!

KITBASHES:

^^"  

angel__tear

Melodious Giver

Vivio1412

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:22 am
it is time for an update:
User ImageUser Image
I was really surprised how big the flying armor was.....

and of course.....
[story]
[transmission start]AUEG spy: Calling AUEG HQ! Calling AUEG HQ!! We have a situation! I am at Compehi (spelling) Isle, where the TTT have been secretly constructing a new MS. You are not going to believe this!!! It's...[transmission end]
AUEG HQ: hello? what is going on? What did you see? Respond!
User Image
omfg, if it weren't for the yellow marker ******** up, and those little kinks after cutting them off the plastic, this model would be the most perfect one I have built, in my 15 years of making them...

so...
look at some of my great Hazel Action!
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:54 am
Xeon Sempai
NewtypeS3

KITBASHES:

Quite frankly, Char's earlier red MS were pink - only the Sazabi was really red.

As for the masking tape, never thought of using it. Mostly because I'm working with 1/144 s**t kits most of the time - and I actually don't use the old paint anymore... which were acrylics meant for wood.
The Casval Custom Gundam is painted using what I use now: Oil-based paint markers from Sharpie. Think domestic Gundam Markers.  

NewtypeS3

ChibiDuo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:53 pm
NewtypeS3

As for the masking tape, never thought of using it. Mostly because I'm working with 1/144 s**t kits most of the time - and I actually don't use the old paint anymore... which were acrylics meant for wood.
The Casval Custom Gundam is painted using what I use now: Oil-based paint markers from Sharpie. Think domestic Gundam Markers.

I personally have only used acrylics, except for some metallic Testor's lacquers for details. Recently I started airbrushing the acrylics, so I use these sort of masking sheets made specifically for airbrushing that you can cut to any shape you need. Used that for my Blast Impulse paintjob I pasted a couple pages back. Only problem with acrylics is you have to use a sealer of some kind, otherwise the finish is rather dull and scrapes off easily >.<  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:43 pm
ChibiDuo
NewtypeS3

I personally have only used acrylics, except for some metallic Testor's lacquers for details. Recently I started airbrushing the acrylics, so I use these sort of masking sheets made specifically for airbrushing that you can cut to any shape you need. Used that for my Blast Impulse paintjob I pasted a couple pages back. Only problem with acrylics is you have to use a sealer of some kind, otherwise the finish is rather dull and scrapes off easily >.<

Very true. My mom has a spray-paint can of finisher for her stuff - I'm thinking about coating one of my lesser kitbashes in it to see how it works.  

NewtypeS3

Xeon Sempai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:19 am
That and a laquer primer coat helps.

I'm a Tamiya whore when it comes to paints, so I use Tamiya acrylics in conjunction with Tamiya spray primer.

And good old Testors dullcote, of course.

I'll drop pictures of my guncannon MP type here soon.

It's not some major custom, but it is in Zeon colors(NATO green, cockpit green, NATO black, metallic grey, metallic alu), and I drilled out the holes on the cannon guards and shoulders. The shoulders were difficult because I had to ream out the snaps to drill my holes(naturally the holes in the shoulders are right over the snaps), then glue the halves together after painting and finishing the arms, then trim and finish the shoulders, then final paint touchups, then dullcote. Quite a chore, I assure you.

Well worth it, of course.

It's unfinished though, no logos, insignia, numbers, or battle damage/paint wear.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:53 pm
cool! nice Gundams! ^__^ heart

i especially liked Xeon Sempai's...wow...did your Gundams just have a frat party..? eek xd  

matedoree1

Xeon Sempai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:39 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image
Needs a little work, I know.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:43 am
Xeon Sempai
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sempai/Models/gcmp3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sempai/Models/gcmp2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sempai/Models/gcmp1.jpg
Needs a little work, I know.

*GASP* Is that an ARTILLERY FRAME AESTIVALIS I SEE IN THE BACKGROUND!? I'd KILL for one of those ;_;  

ChibiDuo

Xeon Sempai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:59 pm
Yes. yes it is.  
Models and Artwork

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items