Welcome to Gaia! ::

9th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

Tags: Annual Ball, User Run, 9th Annual Ball, Gaia Ball 

Reply 9th Annual User Run Ball
Annual Ball Art Auction Fundraiser - NOW OPEN!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If we were to have the auction at the first of June, could you participate?
  Yes, that would be perfect for me!
  No, but I would participate if it were at another date.
  No, but I have no intention of participating.
  I'm thinking about participating, but I'm not sure if I can.
View Results

LilChibiusa
Crew

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:54 am
It's okay. I can't even access most of my stuff right now because my computer is dead and I do much on library computers. I should be getting a new one next week, but we still can't begin without a bit more information from people. We might have to go into their shops/photobucket/DA to find specific links and pictures. I had to do that with half the artists from the last auction I ran.  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:09 am
*Sneaks in.* I wouldn't mind joining in, though I'm a writer not an artist. However I need to first finish the stuff I'm working on before I could join in. So I'm not sure if I'll be able to broken.  

Poyudi Hytori

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

LilChibiusa
Crew

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:30 pm
We'd be happy to have you if you would like to participate. biggrin

I have a shiny new computer, so I'm 100% available again. My computer is also going 10x faster than my old one, so I'm better than back to normal! heart  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:17 pm
LilChibiusa

I have a shiny new computer, so I'm 100% available again. My computer is also going 10x faster than my old one, so I'm better than back to normal! heart

I know that feeling. ^.^  

Poyudi Hytori

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

LilChibiusa
Crew

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:39 pm
Poyudi Hytori
LilChibiusa

I know that feeling. ^.^

I'm actually happy that my old one died just so I could get this great, new one! blaugh

I still need specific examples from people. I'm hoping that with some things that we are doing right now, we might be able to meet our fundraising goal for next year right now. Then, anything that we do next year would be available for use the year after that. Either that, or prizes could get better as inflation drives down the value of 1 million gold.  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:44 pm
LilChibiusa
Poyudi Hytori
LilChibiusa

I know that feeling. ^.^

I'm actually happy that my old one died just so I could get this great, new one! blaugh

I still need specific examples from people. I'm hoping that with some things that we are doing right now, we might be able to meet our fundraising goal for next year right now. Then, anything that we do next year would be available for use the year after that. Either that, or prizes could get better as inflation drives down the value of 1 million gold.

Nice summer weather we have here....

I agree. It would be nice to be THAT far ahead of the game.

FYI:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/services/sorrowful-moon-writing-shop-hiatus/t.67902705/

I need to finish the four orders waiting on me before I can do an auction, and I have examples in the shop if you want to read some.

....Wait... What do you mean it's still spring?

Poyudi Hytori

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

LilChibiusa
Crew

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:28 pm
Poyudi Hytori
LilChibiusa
Poyudi Hytori
LilChibiusa

I know that feeling. ^.^

I agree. It would be nice to be THAT far ahead of the game.

FYI:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/services/sorrowful-moon-writing-shop-hiatus/t.67902705/

I need to finish the four orders waiting on me before I can do an auction, and I have examples in the shop if you want to read some.

So, basically, people tell you what kind of story they want written, and then they pay you to write it? eek If I had known that you can actually make gold by doing that, I would have started that a LONG time ago. blaugh I'm a writer at heart, and I have the English degree to boost my skills. I might have to look into doing that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:28 am
LilChibiusa

So, basically, people tell you what kind of story they want written, and then they pay you to write it? eek If I had known that you can actually make gold by doing that, I would have started that a LONG time ago. blaugh I'm a writer at heart, and I have the English degree to boost my skills. I might have to look into doing that.

Pretty much, that kind of shop used to be around YEARS ago. But they died off when they got kicked out of the Art Mini Shops Forums and were forced into the Services Forum. I saw people making request threads for stories with their OCs and so I started a shop. I plan to change the prices around after I'm caught up on the work in the shop.

You know, you could enter the auction selling writings if you want. I've seen people give away short dribbles to get attention for there threads as well. Just a thought.

Poyudi Hytori

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

LilChibiusa
Crew

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:25 pm
I grouped everything into two categories for bids. Harmonic is working on banners, and I'm going to be contacting everyone to get specifics.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:36 pm
Meh....

I thought I should fill one of these out...

.... What?

Username: Poyudi Hytori
What you are offering for auction: 30 Chapter Novel using your OCs.
What you are offering for autobuy: 5 more chapters (35 in all), OR 2 short stories, OR 3 one-shots.
Autobuy price: 5mil
Samples: See > Sorrowful Moon
Would you like to offer any art as prizes? If so, what are you willing to offer? (will be in addition to the lot you are auctioning): I'd be willing to offer One-shots as a prize to some contests, or Dribbles. (Which is half the size of One-shots.)

Meh....

In my shop the 30 chapters would be 2mil Plus Bribe. Which is why I put the Auto-Buy price so high.

What do you think?

.... What?

Poyudi Hytori

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Redilicious

Dapper Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:22 pm
Samples will have to wait until I get my scanner up, sorry. If I can't get it up in time feel free to start without me :C

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:29 pm
Poyudi Hytori
Meh....

I thought I should fill one of these out...

.... What?

Username: Poyudi Hytori
What you are offering for auction: 30 Chapter Novel using your OCs.
What you are offering for autobuy: 5 more chapters (35 in all), OR 2 short stories, OR 3 one-shots.
Autobuy price: 5mil
Samples: See > Sorrowful Moon
Would you like to offer any art as prizes? If so, what are you willing to offer? (will be in addition to the lot you are auctioning): I'd be willing to offer One-shots as a prize to some contests, or Dribbles. (Which is half the size of One-shots.)

Meh....

In my shop the 30 chapters would be 2mil Plus Bribe. Which is why I put the Auto-Buy price so high.

What do you think?

.... What?

30 Chapters? eek Are you sure you don't want to just offer a short story? sweatdrop  

LilChibiusa
Crew

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Poyudi Hytori

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:02 pm
LilChibiusa

30 Chapters? eek Are you sure you don't want to just offer a short story? sweatdrop

I still don't know if I even can be apart of the auction. And a Short-Story only sells for 35k and wouldn't make a very good auction as I already sell it in my mini-shop.

If I can't finish up things and be ready before the auction go on without me. Otherwise, yes that's what I'll likely be going with. Though I'm not set on the auto-buy price. I may change it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:46 pm
Poyudi Hytori
LilChibiusa

I still don't know if I even can be apart of the auction. And a Short-Story only sells for 35k and wouldn't make a very good auction as I already sell it in my mini-shop.

If I can't finish up things and be ready before the auction go on without me. Otherwise, yes that's what I'll likely be going with. Though I'm not set on the auto-buy price. I may change it.

Don't worry about the price too much. Your price will be lumped in with Red's and Silver's prices. 3nodding

We also already have more than enough funds for this year (though I didn't learn about this until after the auction was already in motion), so anything we earn is just gravy. Therefore, you don't have to sell your soul for a high price. 3nodding  

LilChibiusa
Crew

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200

LilChibiusa
Crew

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:23 pm
Sorry that I didn't give any updates in a week. I was out of town. sweatdrop Harmonic is almost finished with the banners, and we can get started soon. I'll send links when I get it set up.

@Red - Do you have samples ready yet?  
9th Annual User Run Ball

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces