Reply Philosophy Threads
Can time stop? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chaos_messenger5863

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:18 am
Well time can be descirbed in relevancy, if time stops then everything that is happening (or not happening) is irrelivant. because with out time no progress can be made and everything that we do is based on proggress. So if no progress can be made then nothing that is happening really matters because is happening. this is the space time continuum and the theory of relitivity, space doesn't matter without time because nothing can happen, and time doesn't matter without space becasue there's nothing to do anything.

We don't know if time can stop because then time wouldn't be stopped because we'd be concious during the time stop which indicates that time in fact didn't stop.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:39 am
SneakyPope
Quote:
Okay, and I have a question like this: how do you feel about travelling in time? When I was a child, after watching many films and cartoons about time travelling, I worked out that I should be faster than time, and if I'll be faster I can start watching time "rewind" or something like this... I miss those times when I was a child...

I've always felt (Logically, not scientifically) that only jumping foward in time would be possible. I feel that i've heard of scientists who also believe this theory (einstein?) , though i cant say who. Anyone know who i might be thinking of?

I also have my own strange beliefs about what happens to matter at the speed of light.

_Pearl.

matter turns into energy at the speed of light as discribed by Einstiens theory e=mc2  

chaos_messenger5863

SneakyPope

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm
Quote:
matter turns into energy at the speed of light as discribed by Einstiens theory e=mc2

This formula doesnt account for the speed of the matter. Can you explain what you mean?

_Pearl.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:24 pm
SneakyPope
Quote:

This formula doesnt account for the speed of the matter. Can you explain what you mean?

_Pearl.

Yes actually it does energy is equal to mass times the speed of light squard basicallly it's just saying that anything that goes at the speed of light will turn into energy. Also if your nearing the speed of light time slows down, so if you can go that fast then your sspeed won't increase everything elses speed will decrease.  

chaos_messenger5863

27x
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:57 pm
Time is just somethign we measure. Like size, length, width, etc. You can't stop time any more than you can stop an inch. It is there, but it really isn't anything but a concept. Without us, an inch doesent exist, though a twelve inch object can still exist. It just woln't be twelve inches, or have any other identification. Just existence.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:09 pm
No. Time is a constant. It'll never change.

History will change, but the passing of time never will.

Conan The Barbie Doll

Philosophy Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces