Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Mezzanine Floor
Riddle Me This Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nimliiost

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:26 pm
go kai!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:21 pm
Kai, it's a noble guess, though the answer is as follows:

"How did the former convict kill the police officer?"

The former convict did not kill the officer. The riddle is a play on settings, roles, and time. The titles of the men mean nothing. They hold no value to anything that did, can, does, or will happen.

The method of killing the officer is the poisoning. The only similarities between the two were this: They both got ice water, they both drank their water. However, as the words play out, the convict left quickly thereafter. He made contact with the officer, but that was a ruse to steer you off course.

Furthermore, the officer stayed and for a considerable time worked on his one glass of ice water. Ice melts. The poison was in the ice. The officer drank it as it was put into the water, and the convict left before his ice could melt.

Now then, whether or not the serving girl was the culprit is unknown. There isn't enough information for that to be answered.

Velitis
Captain

Kai Karasurei
Vice Captain

Green Rabbit

14,325 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Healer 50
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:57 am
Latent Undoing

The former convict did not kill the officer. The riddle is a play on settings, roles, and time. The titles of the men mean nothing. They hold no value to anything that did, can, does, or will happen.

The method of killing the officer is the poisoning. The only similarities between the two were this: They both got ice water, they both drank their water. However, as the words play out, the convict left quickly thereafter. He made contact with the officer, but that was a ruse to steer you off course.

Furthermore, the officer stayed and for a considerable time worked on his one glass of ice water. Ice melts. The poison was in the ice. The officer drank it as it was put into the water, and the convict left before his ice could melt.

Now then, whether or not the serving girl was the culprit is unknown. There isn't enough information for that to be answered.

Well technically the serving girl could not be the culprit because the riddle clearly states that it was the former convict who poisined the officer. Since it says ''the' former convict, it is specifically refering to a single convict with which we are all familiar (ie the one in the riddle and not another convict that may have been there earlier or someone else that may have been a convict). As for the ice, that is so damn smart I am jealous i did not get the answer...
Tell me JC....do you like ice in your water....?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:33 am
Kai Karasurei
Latent Undoing

Well technically the serving girl could not be the culprit because the riddle clearly states that it was the former convict who poisined the officer. Since it says ''the' former convict, it is specifically refering to a single convict with which we are all familiar (ie the one in the riddle and not another convict that may have been there earlier or someone else that may have been a convict). As for the ice, that is so damn smart I am jealous i did not get the answer...
Tell me JC....do you like ice in your water....?

Honestly, I like chilled water. Ice just gets in the way.  

Velitis
Captain

Kai Karasurei
Vice Captain

Green Rabbit

14,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:40 am
The begining of eternity
The end of space and time
Always in the universe
And in every single line....  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:03 pm
Kai Karasurei
The begining of eternity
Always in the universe

Entropy.  

kishou

Kai Karasurei
Vice Captain

Green Rabbit

14,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:02 pm
kishou
Kai Karasurei
The begining of eternity
Always in the universe

Entropy.

Interesting...not the answer...but how do you make that answer fit with the last clue?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:20 pm
Kai Karasurei
kishou
Kai Karasurei
The begining of eternity
Always in the universe

Entropy.

Interesting...not the answer...but how do you make that answer fit with the last clue?

A point, or mathematics, then. Entropy fits with the last clue in that it's omnipresent in our local framework of reality, so it's automatically in anything you name.  

kishou

Kai Karasurei
Vice Captain

Green Rabbit

14,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:56 pm
kishou
Kai Karasurei
kishou
Kai Karasurei
The begining of eternity
Always in the universe

Entropy.

A point, or mathematics, then. Entropy fits with the last clue in that it's omnipresent in our local framework of reality, so it's automatically in anything you name.

Very good. Its a very interesting answer, not the one I am looking for, but an answer non-the-less. I applaud it for it fits. However, there is a different answer. This is my favourite riddle, although in its original form it was longer and harder to guess....  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:26 am
i have a kilt!!!

...nim wants to say something involveing string theory but i dunno.  

Nimliiost

Tarma_Falloner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:19 pm
Actually, it's the letter 'e'. 3nodding *gloats and feels clever*  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:21 pm
Here's one for you:

Riddle
A farmer is standing at the bottom of a hill. Acompanying him is his sheep dog, and a small herd of six wooly sheep. How many feet are there?

Tarma_Falloner

Darz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:26 pm
The obvious answer is, of course, 30. 24 to the sheep, 4 to the dog, and 2 to the man. However...obvious is never right.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:39 pm
Tarma_Falloner
Here's one for you:

Riddle
A farmer is standing at the bottom of a hill. Acompanying him is his sheep dog, and a small herd of six wooly sheep. How many feet are there?

If going by technical terms, then there would be two feet. Because dogs have paws and a hoof would be the equivalent on a sheep. So, I stick with my answer of 2.

Velitis
Captain

Tarma_Falloner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:42 pm
Darz almost had it. razz

As for Jc's answer, I'm afraid while that is technicaly correct, paws and hooves do count as feet in this one. wink Good answer though. 3nodding  
The Mezzanine Floor

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff