Who are you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Necera

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:04 am
I_27_04
Not really. I can write a book and not care about the story. As long as people buy the book it's fine. Just make it sound good.

Well, I'll tell you this: No one will buy it because it will suck. Good writers that earn a living from their work go to very good schools and work very hard to develop their skill. Either that, or that have keen natural talent and the perfect words just pour from them; Emily Dickenson, for example. You might be lucky enough to be one of those geniuses; I know I'm not. But from what I've seen on this forum, I doubt it. The only people who had no training or talent as writers and still managed to sell books were people with groundbreaking stories, like holocaust survivors. It is VERY difficult to get people to buy your work, in all fields of creative work. It takes serious ambition and effort.

I hope you see that we are giving you very good advice. I don't get much out of writing this, so you might want to appreciate the fact that we care enough to type up this advice.
Swallow your pride, so to speak. It has no place here.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:12 am
I_27_04
Not really. I can write a book and not care about the story. As long as people buy the book it's fine. Just make it sound good.

dude, if you don't care about developing the story, no one will read the book because it will be boring. if you don't care about the words you use, it won't sound good, and no one will read the book because it will be hellacious to try and decipher.

but, you seem to be learning your grammar and spelling, so at least the publishers aren't going to point and laugh.  

MegaTherion777

Deaths Krow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:14 pm
MegaTherion777
All7
I am what I choose to be.

we are all what we choose to be.

as for being a vampire...frickin sweet!

Yeah my ex-gf said I was a vampire cause my teeth look sharp. heeh. A person is nothing but what they see when they look in themselves.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:27 am
well when you write a book let us know.  

AbrAbraxas
Crew

MegaTherion777

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:29 pm
I_27_04
MegaTherion777
I_27_04

dude, if you don't care about developing the story, no one will read the book because it will be boring. if you don't care about the words you use, it won't sound good, and no one will read the book because it will be hellacious to try and decipher.

but, you seem to be learning your grammar and spelling, so at least the publishers aren't going to point and laugh.

Stock boys don't want to stock the shelves, but if they do it well, then people will buy from the store. I don't have to care as long as it's good. I don't have to enjoy writing a story for it to be intertaining.

Eyecatching name.
(optional) Prologue: Vauge begining that shows some hidden plot and starts questions.
Mysterious beginning.
Obsticle is developed, along with many questions, and suspence to catch the reader.
With each obsticle that is overcome a new, and harder one arises.
Finally the main charactor(S) Is/are on the brink of death, or somthing else exciting like that, then they make a heroic act to save themselves and resolve the problemb.
Happy ending that doesen't need a sequal yet hints at one just incase.
(opional) Epelogue: What happens next, or how the spend he rest of their lives.

Atleast with an adventure story which are the easyest for me. Haah. It's that simple. After reading that chose a simple time, then a seting, and finally a place. Come up with the main charactors and what they are like, what they look like, there habbits, and how they are connected to eachoher. Come up with idea for interesting mindbending problemb. Sumarize beginning and end in your mind and on paper. Then Write introduction, and beginning( before problemb) so you don't forget what you where going for. Write every plot twist, obsticle, question, event, and such in short scentences in chonologicle order. Write book. Revise book( to change it. Make it sound better, fix plot errors, add in a speceal touch). Edit book(Spelling and grame). Then name. All that stuff is easy for me. It's just the amount of time it consumes. my point is I have it down to a formula and have a natural talent for it.

In the end I don't have to care about the book, and the charactors, or the plot. As long as I do it as well as I can it doesen't matter.

if you don't care about the story, it will show in your writing, and it WON'T be entertaining. writing is an art, and you can't analyze an art and come up with a formula to create more art.

and i sure hope revising and editing is easy for you, because right now, your planning, spelling, and grammar are all terrible. and your book's plot is perhaps the most cliche thing i've heard. real writers are original.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:49 pm
Who am I??? I'm prolly just a figment of someones imagination....Or maybe, a being, who exist in a fantasy world....I kno who i am, i am nuttin but an azn kid, who is uptite wit Love, Religion, Philosophy, and Reality....Nuttin but a Student of God, who questions God, but follows his laws.....dats me.... i guess  

CaboCor

27x
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:07 pm
You know what FU guys! I am going to write a book, then give you a link, to smear it all over your faces like nasty crap.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:26 pm
I'm the greasy, unkept guy who walks around silently with his hands in his pockets but when you get him talking he never shuts up.  

Pifflestick

LoreWren

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:26 am
I am a 2 inch tall picture at the upper left corner of my screen.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:00 pm
I_27_04
You know what FU guys! I am going to write a book, then give you a link, to smear it all over your faces like nasty crap.

Sorry about that guys... ur right, I can't write it unless I care about it, or it's not art.  

27x
Crew

Philosophy Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas