Welcome to Gaia! ::

Savage Arts

Back to Guilds

Guild RPGs, Contests, World Conquest, Random Silliness 

Tags: world domination, games, comics, arts, random 

Reply Savage Arts Main Hall
General Discussion Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... 760 761 762 763 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quinth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:05 am
clubanimon
lol, was the demonic pendent the same time as the angelic?
Well... no. When I bought the D Pendant it was like... 65k. lol. But then again I worked from scratch on that one whereas for this Pendant I just sold EVERYTHING I owned. xp

Presents tiiiiime! Let's see if I get anything more than socks and candy canes this time~ heart
Edit: ...socks and candy canes. And an Avatar action figure which I bought and left here a month ago. neutral  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:29 am
I got gift cards and Maya, and 4 manga volumes and some new PJs. Oh, and socks ^^  

clubanimon
Crew

lothlin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:34 am
Let's see. Sewing machine & paraphenalia, a sweater anda t-shirt, fuzzy socks, lots of chocolate, a monkey plushie webkinz thing, and five volumes of manga. Plus a little spending money and some cinemark giftcards from my grandparents and my aunt respectively.

What's hilarious about the manga is that, for some reason, my parents didn't realize that there was a second page to the wishlist I gave them for reference, so they bought me X/1999 volumes 6-8.

...so now I either have to convince borders to exchange them without a receipt, or I have to go buy the first five volumes. I think I'm going to do the latter XD

EDIT: I'm still crossing my fingers on getting Gankutsuou for my birthday. *hopes*  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:04 am
Gankutsuou? that sounds familiar.

Well, since everyone is telling there tales of their presents....I guess I will do something of the same ^^

WOOO! I got some new shoes *wrapped by myself for myself* soem pj bottoms and a red shirt. and a MANGA! "the wild ones" lol ^^ made me happy that I even got shoes. thank you me!

tralaalalala  

Rhies

Destructo Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:42 pm
Robot Chicken Season 1, MP3 Player, Lots of dragon and reaper shirts, and a spiffy bath robe that is oh so soft, And Etc.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:28 pm
I find it amusing that my family presents were for the most part less joy-inducing as yesterday when I chanced across a $20 bill outside my house on the driveway. xd I love finding random money though. heart

Oooo and I am totally a naughty list-er who bought some random Avatar DVDs for the director commentary at like $12 each. DDD:  

Quinth

lothlin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:42 pm
But Avatar is worth it!

...Speaking of, Nick needs to get their freaking act together and start airing the new eps every week again. I finally get caught up on the third season and BAM, they're not airing them properly.

;_; rewatching season 2 isn't completely filling my desire for Zuko awesomeness.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:56 pm
sweeny todd today with my sis. The blood was...interesting. It looked like red paint at times. A style choice I know, and it was different for sure. I enjoyed it but I wish I had been given a little more emotional attachment to at least one character. I think I liked Mrs. Lovelett best, though I did like Sweeny.  

clubanimon
Crew

Quinth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:34 pm
I was aboslutely in love with Mrs. Whatshername. From the very first song onward. *desperately wants the soundtrack*

@lothlin
Not to fear, that's why God invented Canada. They've already aired episode 312 and they're supposed to be airing 313 this Friday. smile heart

Seriously though, Nick is s**t at advertising and releasing their own damn show. If they actually tried hard enough they could get amazing numbers and ratings but it just seems like they couldn't care less. I got so pissed when they whined about low ratings for episode 301, when they only advertised for two weeks before the air date and even then their commercials were only on their channel and only with other series' commercials. rolleyes scream At least they are finally recognizing that their online fanbase is huge, all of us pulling in record numbers for merch and hits and reviews.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:13 pm
Well, I've already watched 312 (I managed to find a really nice quality AVI file of it for Club and I, somehow,) but I didn't know Canada was getting 313 so quickly! Gah, I hope I can find a decent file of it, i hate watching the crappy little videos on youtube.

It really is a disgrace, that Canada is getting an American show before us. WTF Nick!  

lothlin

Quinth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:19 am
lothlin
It really is a disgrace, that Canada is getting an American show before us. WTF Nick!

And before that, the Dutch did, and before that, the UK did, etc, etc... rolleyes
Like I said, Nick just doesn't seem serious about their own damn show.

Oh! Also, Viacom has rights to AtLA as well, and Viacom is known for being a complete b***h over copyright infringement, yet they did nothing when Nick had the 310-311 movie stolen from right under their noses and then copied and distributed all over the internet weeks before it was supposed to be out. They had to have known about it because of the huge, barely hushed buzz of "OMGWTF310ISOUT!? YES/NO/LOBSTER!?!?" from the fandom plus the fact that it was ganked from their own site. (It was on a hidden server and coded from what I understand, and someone managed to figure out their episode numbering system for the code and then used that to trace the file and find the episode early. Pretty easy but still verrrry dangerous if Viacom's involved. Lawyers, lawyers everywhere.) Yet no action has been taken against them. Those of us who were involved in distribution are rather surprised that we haven't had to lie or cover for each other yet.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:23 am
Yeah. Bloody Brits... and Dutch... and.. Oh, we should just freaking storm nick headquarters XD

I did wonder why nothing was done about 310 and 311, it was pretty darn easy to find them before they officially aired. And goodness knows the nub fangirls and fanboys wouldn't shut up about it for weeks, to the point of putting in a wikipedia article, before the fact, with complete episode details and LOL IT WAS LEAKED.

Maybe they really just don't care :/

lothlin

Kazu Faiya
Vice Captain

Sparkly Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:13 pm
Letsee... Kazu got...
PSP (Rhies, Reiven and Eden are AWESOME!)
Disgaea Afternoon of darkness
Office Chair
Skillet
Some nice sewing scissors
Soft and fluffy bath robe
Gir Waffles shirt
Some earings
a necklace
and lotsa candies.

Sad day. Lothlin got a sewing machine. I wanted one of those.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:22 pm
Wishes Jean wouldn't be such a cranky a**.
Like its my fault she messed up creating the class flow. And like its my fault she left when I said I was going to check them all and make sure they were ok. Now she has to come back and sit her fat a** down and fix her own mistake, when if she had just waited the extra 15 minutes for me to check them all she could be home free and I wouldn't have had to spend 45 minutes + tracing down someone to fix it. BooHoo.  

Kazu Faiya
Vice Captain

Sparkly Phantom

lothlin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:30 pm
Wheee, I scored on manga deals today! Border's had a buy-four-get-one-free deal going on, and to top it all off I had three coupons. So now I have a shiny and delicious smelling pile of X/1999 sitting on my desk that I got for about twenty dollars less than I thought I would.

*does a happy wiggle*  
Savage Arts Main Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... 760 761 762 763 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games