Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:37 pm
User Image
--<._.-'--.__Tessa Orinae__.--'-._.>--

So cold...
All the same, all about me.
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
The truth of a revelation, frozen in fear.
Slowly dying...

Tessa sat against the railing, her head on her upraised knee, tears falling slowly away from her face. While she made no sound whatsoever, the flowing of her hair and droplets from her eyes both betrayed her sensitivity. After several moments she lifted her head, not only to the parting Fedran but to Jack's approach. She lowered her knee and slung her arm across it, her head still lowered slightly.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:19 pm
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

"You have questions,"Jack said after a moment of standing in front of Tessa, motionless, silent. "That I can answer," He added after a moment, casting a glance to Calypso who had her gaze fixed on the seas, hand gripping a vertical pole of the railing. Jack let his gaze fall back to Tessa, confusion about what to do greatly lining his features, aging him significantly. The ship began to move forwards as the anchor was lifted, speed slowed because of the ship in tow.

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats: ---]

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:35 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"Jack..." Tessa said, her voice cracked, "I remember you telling me just a week ago, that we would have to learn to trust each other if anything was to be accomplished."
She lifted her hand in a helpless gesture, reaching for his hand and grasping lightly at his wrist. As she looked up the tears fell slowly down either side of her face.
"I believed you. I trusted you, I love you until the day I die but I can't help but feel you still don't trust me. What is it that is so daunting that when given the chance and opportunity to explain everything and perhaps save a life all you can say is not to do anything stupid? Do you really think I'd judge you, Jack?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:10 pm
User Image

"You have not been where I have been Tessa, nor felt the abandonment that I have felt, that I had caused," Jack said, slowly bringing himself to a crouch. He gripped her hand in his and touched his forehead to it. "I do trust you, I just..." He sighed and closed his eyes, bringing Tessa's hand away from him. "Don't trust myself, perhaps? Or maybe don't trust myself to trust you, knowing that..." He cut himself short for a moment, sighing again and opening his eyes, sadly looking into Tessa's eyes. "You deserve someone better than a pirate, and yet here you are,"

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:20 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa blinked, but offered a small smile between sobs. Her hand dropped at her side limply as she shifted with slight discomfort in her seat.
"What I deserve is mine alone to decide, Jack," she said quietly, "and while I admit I don't understand what has happened to you in the past, it goes both ways. I've made my decision Jack, and it's nothing less than final but the rest hinges on you. I can't make your choices for you, but I'm running out of ways to make it any clearer that I want to be a part of this without saying it directly. I just... I never really thought I would ever mean anything to anyone, but now that I do I'm just afraid it will crumble beneath me and leave me in a worse place than I began in. There are a few things I haven't told you but those that I have, voluntarily have been relevant. This latest incident left me wandering on the brink of death without a clue as to even why, but is it truly so much to ask?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:55 pm
User Image

A slight anger burned in Jack's eyes as he thought about Henry. He shook his head and sighed.
"Very well. Among one of those who banished me Lord Neirington has both very bitter and...very mixed memories that cling about him. Scarlett being his daughter and all. I did not know this as she came storming aboard the Duchess, demanding that she have passage on the ship. I...cannot deny that she was attractive, and I had let her aboard, leaving her my quarters to protect her from the crew. Overtime though, it became apparent that mutual feelings had begun to form and..." Jack looked away, shame apparent in his features. "I proposed to her after some time. She and I were still engaged when Isle de Morta happened. It was afterwards, when I was in custody, and Henry came to the brig, demanding I tell him where his daughter was, that I realized what had happened. I hated her, for withholding that from me, for not telling me the truth. It was because I thought her to be dead that I was ultimately banished. I am both tied to Henry for his daughter's once death, and because of my banishment." He paused there for a moment, realizing he had been clenching his hand tightly, tight enough to make it ooze a black blood.
"More importantly though, the Company has been a nuisance to the Pirate Courts, and Henry now knows where they are located. And, there are monsters, monsters of the deep that he would not hesitate to summon if he thought he could win over us,"

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:04 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa nodded slightly, time and again but flinched slightly, unexpectedly and unexplained.
"And yet you insist we fall into cooperation with them?" She asked blankly, "If he is such a thorn in your side then why not be rid of him? After your last display with Scarlett I hardly have any reason to believe him being her father has anything to do with it, and between Calypso's protection of her and you being..."
Her voice trailed off, and her eyes widened as she considered the words she had already spoken. Again she flinched, a hand moving to her back as she gasped slightly.
"There's more than hateful blood between the two of you... isn't there, Jack?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:15 pm
User Image

Jack furrowed his brow and looked confused for a moment ahhing and shaking his head. "No, there is no relation I am fairly sure, but even still. I did kill this man's daughter, break her heart, that has to count for something, yes?" He said. "I am fairly certain Calypso raised Scarlett from the dead, and wishes to help in some way. No matter how much she hates Nessin, Fieronin and him were close, very close, until the end, and I think she wishes to respect my father by protecting Nessin's great grandchild," He murmured, his eyes darting to and from the goddess.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:21 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa tilted her head to the side and took a breath to calm herself.
"Alright, but still why leave him alive? Looking at this from a strictly objective point of view there's no benefit in his existence and quite a lot of trouble with him alive. Why is it I have to stop Fedran from torching his entire ship as I'd planned?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:33 pm
User Image

"Because if he dies, then the Company will bring the fleet down on the Pirate Courts," Jack said before biting his tongue gently. "And I want to talk to him yet, please, just don't kill him yet," He said, putting his hand on Tessa's leg before shifting his weight to sit next to her. He sighed and let his head hit the railing. "Besides, maybe I can shut up Scarlett if I give her a ship."

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:40 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa nodded slightly. For a brief moment all she could think of was the possibility of all this going under in some mad trap, but she quickly snapped back to attention and shook her head.
"Either way, I think it might be high time I explained myself as well. Particularly Fienna, since she still seems to be involved against her will."
She brought up her hand to come over Jack's and gave a blank stare across the deck. For several moments she seemed lost in her own thoughts, but again snapped back.
"That is of course, if you'll hear it."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:48 pm
User Image

"Of course, love," Jack said, bringing his thumb so it was touching Tessa's and lightly smoothed her thumb. "It is only fair, right?" He asked, partially to himself and partially to no one. He looked over to Tessa and kissed her shoulder gently before leaning his head back again, fully attentive, ready to listen, but slightly puzzled.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:01 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"All this started roughly four million years ago," Tessa said quietly, "when one of the elemental deities overthrew the entire Divine Council in a single night. It was a hostile movement but Illumine was the only one to die for it. Well, with Kesaide.. the lord of darkness - wanting supremacy over all powers of the planes, he wouldn't simply let the elemental deities slip from him, but they all masked themselves in the same blades I'm certain you're familiar with. However, he raised Illumine. Whatever agreement that may have been made led her on her own will against us, but I can't explain why. Still this entire war has been held between forces of divinity. The grand majority of mortality and the supernal races haven't a clue, but then there's Fienna. You've seen how she's been lately; she doesn't even know the first thing about what's going on and yet there she is, starting it all. That her last bout mentioned only the supernal races surviving left me to wonder though. If she's not being manipulated by some deity, and otherwise has a quarrel with both mortality and divinity it can't have been Kesaide behind her. As for myself, well... I was raised very protected for the sixteen years I lived with my mother, before I met the Sisterhood. Without anyone to call a father figure, I really didn't have much confidence in myself, always saw myself as a burden or worse, but I guess I also do a lot of underestimating. Most of it was Cassandra teaching me nerve, but Ferathi was certainly a big part of me being so ah... forward, I guess. I don't understand half of what I should, and I'm just as lost trying to ask as I am completely in the dark of what I'll never understand."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:48 pm
User Image

Jack was silent for a while after Tessa had finished before looking over at her. "So, it seems that we have a number of things to face in the future then," Jack said with a grim grin. He looked away for a brief moment before looking back to Tessa. "I won't leave you Tessa," He whispered in her ear before standing up, holding his hand out for Tessa to take.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:57 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa reached up weakly and took his hand before nearly falling into his arms with her head buried into Jack's shoulder.
"One thing's for certain," she said softly, "I am going to need my rest. All this idiotic web of treachery has done is getting me crossed over myself, and I don't want anything worse happening because I'm so restless."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games