Welcome to Gaia! ::

Savage Arts

Back to Guilds

Guild RPGs, Contests, World Conquest, Random Silliness 

Tags: world domination, games, comics, arts, random 

Reply Savage Arts Main Hall
General Discussion Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 448 449 450 451 452 453 ... 760 761 762 763 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Destructo Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:25 pm
I think I might have mild ADD sometimes. I'll be intentally listening and I'll drop my pensil on my paper and watch it roll down. I'd think it looked 'cool' so I do it again...and again and again, untill I realize that I was doing something or listening to someone. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:06 pm
User Image

when I was younger, there was no such thing as ADD (ADHD) it was just called being hyper. and you know what, the parents just had to deal with it!! scream Seriously, I'm sure according to scientist that I'm the definition of ADD (not HD, cause I'm pretty quite) but I turned out fine. All these pill poppings. However, like in the case of my sister (who sometimes suffers from severe depression) I think it's helpful, but she hates to take them, she says they make her feel funky sad

Radjulon
Crew

Kazu Faiya
Vice Captain

Sparkly Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:19 pm
I think I've had depression for most my life. If I thought it was bad enough I would get medications. Its relatively mild. From what I hear, people on medication for mild depression say that everything feels fake, and people with sever depression it makes them feel normal. Course with sever depression, being able to function instead of being curled into the fetal position is a massive improvement.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:27 pm
User Image

Agreed, that's what I said

Radjulon
Crew

Maeth
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:01 pm
I think I just have chronic heartburn.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:37 pm
I suffer from school rofl
symptoms are: Extreme stress, nausea, insomnia, hallucinations, all around grumpyness, mood swings, and ADD  

Radjulon
Crew

Destructo Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:33 pm
Agreed, and well said.

I love Vitamin D milk!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:32 pm
@Miko: Nyah...let's see if I can describe where I am properly...

Ok, you know the twin clockworkish owl bosses? I think they are clockwork...like... Well, I beat the first and now am heading to the lair of the second. I am at the place where there are 3+ Doom Cannons waiting for me across a gaint gap that I need to cross using my newly found ice brush. Once I finally get there after dieing Lord knows how many times, all I can see is the Doom Cannons (still) and an ice orby thing. I think there is a cave behind one of the Cannons, but I never did find out how to beat the darn things...  

Mizu_Taji

Monster Galaxy

10,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kyoki_Togashi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:25 am
Kids being hyper and sometimes disruptive in class does not have to mean ADD o ADHD it simply means they're kids!! They get candy and go OMG hyper it's natural. Why everyone now seems to think they have to instantly drug the kids I'll never know all I know is that if/when ever I have kids theres no way they're getting medicaded unless it's really those problems and not them just being hyper kids>> Seriously there are drugs and names for every little problem now, I saw the comercial for RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) and went what the fork? your naming that now and giving out more drugs!?!?

@Rad~ I don't suffer from school Im enjoying it ^0^ it's better here then at home, more to do. Seeing how theres like nothing to do down in Portsmouth that's saying something.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:12 am
I was diagnosed with ADD when I was like five but they actually did testing with me. they didn't just tell my mom that I have it and try to start throwing all kinds of drugs at me. Sure I took them but, I actually found it helpful when I was in elementary school. and some of the medications would be bad to give to people if they didn't actually have it. (I didn't really disrupt class I just really had a hard time focusing on what I needed to)  

XiWikiPop

IRL Lunatic

9,065 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Quinth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:29 pm
Oh dear, srsbsns discussion. gonk

I just hope I don't get any bad reactions to the drugs. I heard that anti-depressants can make not-depressed people get depressed. @_@ The only thing that's wrong with me is I can't sleep in regular patterns and I cry at vaguely sad things. But I've always been over emotional, and I thought it was just my personality type. confused  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:36 pm
"For itchy, watery eyes, it's Floraflor. Side effects may include: nausea, vomiting, water weight gain, lower back pain, receding hairline, eczema, seborrhea, psoriasis, itchy chafing clothing, liver spots, blood clots, ringworm, excessive body odor, uneven tire wear, pyorrhea, gonorrhea, diarrhea, halitosis, scoliosis, loss of bladder control, hammertoe, the shanks, low sperm count, warped floors, cluttered drawers, hunchback, heart attack, low resale value on your home, feline leukemia, athlete's foot, head lice, club foot, MS, MD, VD, fleas, anxiety, sleeplessness, drowsiness, poor gas mileage, tooth decay, split ends, parvo, warts, unibrow, lazy eye, fruit flies, chest pains, clogged drains, hemorrhoids, dry heaving, and sexual dysfunction." -J.F.  

Maeth
Captain

Dapper Genius

Miko-dono

Dapper Gaian

3,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:34 pm
Mizu_Taji
@Miko: Nyah...let's see if I can describe where I am properly...

Ok, you know the twin clockworkish owl bosses? I think they are clockwork...like... Well, I beat the first and now am heading to the lair of the second. I am at the place where there are 3+ Doom Cannons waiting for me across a gaint gap that I need to cross using my newly found ice brush. Once I finally get there after dieing Lord knows how many times, all I can see is the Doom Cannons (still) and an ice orby thing. I think there is a cave behind one of the Cannons, but I never did find out how to beat the darn things...

Ahh, those two are annoying, aren't they? If I remember that part correctly, on your side of the gap there should be some cannons. What you need to do is have the cannons pointed toward the other side and light the fuses. They should take out the other cannons or some trees that will fall and take out the cannons. Then cross the gap with the Blizzard. The big ice orb/snowball thing is mainly there so it's easier to fight the big Tengu guy. Have you run into him? He should be there before you can go through the arch.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:42 pm
I agree with the comments being made about society jumping the gun on pill prescribing. The problem is, is that many problems can be prevented or solved with more involvement of the parents in their kids' lives. Pills try to cover up bad parenting. No communication, no trust, no interest, no supervision = maladjusted kids and teenagers popping a pill cause the night-school doc says it's a cure.

Not to say that a lot of kids don't need help. But it's a hot debate whether depression and other mental diseases are caused by genetics, environment, trauma, or hormonal imbalances through adolescence. Or any combination thereof. I know if I didn't have my anti-depressant, I wouldn't be able to make it through school, I wouldn't be able to hold down a job, and I'd never come out of my room, barely eat, sleep a ton, and do nothing but play video games, read books, or anything else to escape and not have to thing about the black void inside that makes playing chicken with a train sound like the answer to some twisted emo prayer.  

Miko-dono

Dapper Gaian

3,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Kazu Faiya
Vice Captain

Sparkly Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:57 pm
Mine could quite possibly be childhood trauma. Its not really my parents fault though. But because of what happened I think a lot of things have been messed up. I've been told I'm a wonderful person because I have forgiven this person for what they have done, and he eventually had to pay the price for what he had done, but its still a scar. I think holding a grudge would have been even more damaging to me then to just let it go.  
Savage Arts Main Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 448 449 450 451 452 453 ... 760 761 762 763 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games