Welcome to Gaia! ::

Savage Arts

Back to Guilds

Guild RPGs, Contests, World Conquest, Random Silliness 

Tags: world domination, games, comics, arts, random 

Reply Savage Arts Main Hall
General Discussion Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 493 494 495 496 497 498 ... 760 761 762 763 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jovey4

Versatile Businesswoman

3,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:25 pm
Someone in my grade survived childhood leukemia. It was a scary experience, especially when all her hair fell out. She's a lot shorter than the everyone else her grade, but she's a really sweet gal.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:40 pm
Do I know her? I think I might, she likes to play soccer?  

Destructo Kid

Jovey4

Versatile Businesswoman

3,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:41 pm
I don't know what sports she plays, but she's Chris Carlson's younger sister.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:23 pm
well, Steve Jobs does own Pixar. Thus he now owns a lot of disney, but he doesn't manage it.

@Destructo
thank you ^^

@ the cancer subject
my ma's a breast cancer survivor smile  

Radjulon
Crew

Destructo Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:23 pm
That's a great thing Rad. I'm glad she's Ok!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:26 pm
Is Gaia really closing down? thats what my sisters txt message thing from gaia said... Oo true or a false?  

Rhies

Radjulon
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:28 pm
false, sounds like someone is trying to scam her  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:26 pm
I got it in my text alerts too. I thought it was weird. But when I checked the announcements there was nothing on it. I'm guessing false.  

Kazu Faiya
Vice Captain

Sparkly Phantom

Destructo Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:38 pm
I don't think they are going to shut down for a very looong time. Maybe ever.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:02 pm
lol! I think they screwed up their April fools joke maybe?  

Kazu Faiya
Vice Captain

Sparkly Phantom

Jovey4

Versatile Businesswoman

3,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:16 pm
Possibly. xp

Anyway, I got the answers to all the Disney/Pixar stuff. Got the inside scoop from my buddies over at TheDPN. Here's what they had to say:

YoPaulie says:
Quote:
"NONONONONONO!

Disney bought Pixar... and Steve Jobs, former owner of Pixar, was given/purchased Disney stock. While he is the largest single shareholder, and a member of the Disney board, he has FAR FAR FAR from having MAJORITY ownership (more than 50% of all stock).

make sense?

Here's source material:
Source
Quote:
On Jan. 24, Walt Disney Co. (DIS ) agreed to pay $7.4 billion in stock to acquire Pixar Animation Studios (PIXR ), where Jobs is chairman, CEO, and 50.6% owner. As part of the deal, Jobs will become the largest shareholder at Disney and take a seat on the entertainment giant's board. His top creative executive at Pixar, John A. Lasseter, will oversee the movies at both Pixar's and Disney's animation studios. Pixar's president, Edwin Catmull, will run the business side for the two studios.

I can see how people miss the actual truth, since it's Pixar's execs and creatives that have the senior management roles, but that's because Pixar didn't suck before the purchase."

He also said:
Quote:
According to this, Steve Jobs owns about 6% of Disney stock.

So, he'd need more than 44% MORE stock in order to "own" Disney.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:40 pm
well...ok.

That could be true to :-/ But I've heard otherwise.
perhaps only the uppers know the real truth....

that Chuck Norris bought both companys, and all he payed...was protection  

Radjulon
Crew

Destructo Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:06 pm
Lawl, Rad, Lawl! rofl

Oh, so many Chuck Norris things that I could Spit out. I think I shall say my favorite one.

They wanted Chuck Norris to play as the Terminator, But They thought It would be too much of a documentarty.
Sure, it is funny. But they really did want him to play the terminator. No kidding.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:13 pm
Okay before someone kills me, I was isolated as a child, continuously moving every two or so years, and as a consequence, was never introduced to what we call, "social life" until just last year. So that being said, let me go on:

I hadn't ever heard of Chuck Norris until just last year. The end.
Apparently he hasn't left an impact on my life... not one that I'm aware of, at the least. eek

You may now begin with the ridiculing.  

Jovey4

Versatile Businesswoman

3,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Radjulon
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:00 am
well. Chuck Norris was in walker texas ranger. He is also the only man to ever defeat Bruce Lee in a fight (it is Bruce Lee right?). He was in many violent movies where he was the good AMERICAN HERO type dude and or role model.

His popularity died out up until Conan O' Brien started the Walker Texas Ranger lever, which would play a random chuck norris clip whenever it was pulled. Then some guy started Chuck Norris jokes. Then EVERYONE started Chuck Norris jokes.

and then he supported Huckabee.

I want my Gaia April Fools joke sad  
Savage Arts Main Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 493 494 495 496 497 498 ... 760 761 762 763 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games