Q&A Thread on anything Gundam Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

angel__tear

Melodious Giver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:24 pm
okay stupid question: what is the basis of all energy that powers the gundams?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:51 pm
angel__tear
okay stupid question: what is the basis of all energy that powers the gundams?

Fusion, Fission or just plain battery power.

Depends on the series, too.  

NewtypeS3

Ophiuchus
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:15 pm
In addition, the two listed resources are Minovsky (UC) and Deuterion (CE)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:04 pm
yes, but they have to have a primary source to create the chemical effect. however, i don't think i've even found out from the actual series what it was >.<  

angel__tear

Melodious Giver

NowhereManXP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:57 pm
angel__tear
yes, but they have to have a primary source to create the chemical effect. however, i don't think i've even found out from the actual series what it was >.<

UC Gundam Minovsky-Ionesco fusion reactors utilize Helium gas, specifically the Helium-3 isotope.

We really don't know what the Mobile Suits in the other universes run off of... or even (in many cases) what powers them.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:20 pm
My theory is that the groundpounders in gundam X are powered by a very large spring.  

Xeon Sempai
Vice Captain

Ophiuchus
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:58 am
NowhereManXP
angel__tear

UC Gundam Minovsky-Ionesco fusion reactors utilize Helium gas, specifically the Helium-3 isotope.

We really don't know what the Mobile Suits in the other universes run off of... or even (in many cases) what powers them.
Seed Destiny revealed Deuterion. I think this is a mistranslation of Deuteron, which is related to the workings of Deuterium, a form of nuclear power.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deuterium  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:14 pm
Ophiuchus
NowhereManXP
angel__tear

Seed Destiny revealed Deuterion. I think this is a mistranslation of Deuteron, which is related to the workings of Deuterium, a form of nuclear power.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deuterium

Yes, Deuterium is often considered to be a usable fuel for nuclear fusion. Also, being an isotope of hydrogen, it's been speculated that it is used in the so-called "battery" of CE Gundam Mobile Suits. This, of course, would make it more like our current fuel cell than a "battery."  

NowhereManXP

Vivio1412

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:29 am
We are talking UC here
Gundarium is the best metal to construct a gundam, correct?
Does it weigh down the MS however, compared to MS with other metals  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:39 pm
Barsona
We are talking UC here
Gundarium is the best metal to construct a gundam, correct?
Does it weigh down the MS however, compared to MS with other metals

I wouldn't say "best." A Mobile Suit is not automatically a Gundam just because it is armored with Luna Titanium Alloy (Gundarium), and a Gundam doesn't have to have Gundarium to be a Gundam. Gundarium is simply an effective, extremely strong armor material that is great for making Mobile Suits... albeit the fact that it is rather on the expensive side.  

NowhereManXP

Tezencatli

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:03 am
NowhereManXP
angel__tear

Heluim 3 isn't technically the power source. It's used to generate the field that contains the nuclear reaction for the reactors. The mobile suits of UC I believe run off compact fission reactors. In other words they're nuclear.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:51 pm
Chavelo
NowhereManXP
angel__tear

Heluim 3 isn't technically the power source. It's used to generate the field that contains the nuclear reaction for the reactors. The mobile suits of UC I believe run off compact fission reactors. In other words they're nuclear.

Ummm... yes. We know that. Note the bold emphasis in the above. wink

Furthermore, they're not fission reactors, but fusion reactors.  

NowhereManXP

Vivio1412

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:49 am
does being able to control bits or funnels signify that you are a NT?
if so, then does that mean Georgeo (from G Gundam, pilot of Rose Gundam from Neo France) an NT as well?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:59 am
Barsona
does being able to control bits or funnels signify that you are a NT?
if so, then does that mean Georgeo (from G Gundam, pilot of Rose Gundam from Neo France) an NT as well?
It's never explained HOW G-Gundam ones are operated. It's a different universe, so you can't declare it as such. It could also be like the INCOM or Second generation DRAGOON systems, that were operable by a human.  

Ophiuchus
Captain

Tezencatli

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:36 am
NowhereManXP
Chavelo
NowhereManXP
angel__tear

Ummm... yes. We know that. Note the bold emphasis in the above. wink

Furthermore, they're not fission reactors, but fusion reactors.

That bold wasn't there last time I looked razz  
Gundam

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces