Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Immortal Thief Roleplay
The Immortal Theif Roleplay Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 68 69 70 71 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moving this rp into a guild of our own?
  Yea!
  Nuu!
  I don't... really... care...
View Results

Lirdianc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:35 pm
Tomoyo slogged though leftover mud from the previous storm, ignoring the rich dirt that clung to her pants. She was much too busy making sure her prize has unharmed. The mission had taken longer than expected, and it could all easily be for nothing...but still. It was worth it.

*~*

The first step had been making sure this was the real deal, not some upstart lord trying to show off. Tomoyo had heard of it, but never actually seen it, which complicated things. After three days of searching, she had finally found a reference to it, in a musty old bookstore that specialized in arcane tomes that were actually rather useless, but impressive to have lying around. Instead of nicking it, she'd bought it, along with a substantial bribe to keep the dealer from leaking the news that someone was interested in it. Annoying, but neccessary.

Next came the reconnaissence. No one expected anyone to steal it, but that didn't stop the lord from keeping samurai and ninja on a round the clock rotation. There was a thirty second window for Tomoyo to get in and make sure it was the real thing, then get out before anyone came back. And, of course, there were the inevitable booby traps, most of them nastily lethal and time consuming to get through. Normally, Tomoyo would have sprung a few and let the wound heal over-that was how much she wanted it-but knowing that doing so would cause another person harm stopped her.

Thank God for sake. And sleeping drugs.

With the samurai thus taken care of, Tomoyo now had a five minute window. While this was still short, but she had the advantage of both experience and (relative) youth. She had gotten in, made sure it was the real thing, and slipped back out again. While it was tempting to steal it right then and there, mistakes like that had gotten numerous thieves killed for their greediness. It was better to create a diversion at a later date, and then go in. Before that, though, Tomoyo had to make sure it would be safe after she stole it.

She'd had to dip into her purse again, this time to get a glassblower to create a container for it, and an ironsmith to create a sheath that would keep it from shattering. The end result was actually quite beautiful, as she had gone to the best in the business, and they took pride in their work. In the meantime, Tomoyo had gone around town arranging for an organized disturbance to occur on the night she chose to steal it. Finally, the container had been finished, and she was ready to make her move.

A group of drunkards got out of hand on the other side of town, drawing away most of the samurai, leaving only a few, along with the shinobi. Getting in was relatively easy, but Tomoyo had only stopped for a moment for take it and place it carefully in the container, before doing her best to leave. Ten attacking ninja tended to shoot that type of plan down, though. The first two hadn't been all that nasty, since it was all a matter of dodging the kunai and letting them hit their teammates in their haste. The last one, obviously the leader, had been a pain, and losing him was even more annoying. She had laid low for a day or so, before quietly making her exit, and heading back to the theater.

*~*

Well, she could see the theater now. Home, sweet home.

Tomoyo sighed.

{...Whoever put the words 'French Revolution' and '20 page paper' ought to be gotten rid of in the good old Jacobin way.}

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:10 am
Lirdianc
{...Whoever put the words 'French Revolution' and '20 page paper' ought to be gotten rid of in the good old Jacobin way.}

(( Just out of curiosity...

Are you talking about a teacher, namely one from the YRHS? If so... ))  

Mikujin

Edaniel
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:03 pm
[OHOH~! YES! We have made it to the 50th page!!!! YESSS!~!!! Part-ay!]  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:15 pm
[Okay, Tsu, you've REALLY got o reply soon. You've got in in a roleplay trap, I'm forced to way for you to post. Hurry up!]  

Edaniel
Crew

Lirdianc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:35 pm
Mikujin
Lirdianc

(( Just out of curiosity...

Are you talking about a teacher, namely one from the YRHS? If so... ))

{'Fraid not. ^^ I'm referring to the Jacobin party during the French Revolution, who were extremely radical and established the Reign of Terror, under the rather ironic name of 'Commitee of Public Safety'. It was under their strict rule that the guillotine was used the most often, and thousands of people were killed, not to mention all the wars France had declared on everyone.

...All right, it's official. History is taking over my life. gonk *goes into convulsions*}

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:03 pm
(( Okies, what comes before part B?!?!? Part-ay... XD Had to say it... some girl got me hooked to the saying at school... Um...... *Huggle tackles all* Wootness, fifty pages of ..... awesome...-ness...... biggrin ))  

The Jashu

Xx_Homicidal_Teddybear_xX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:22 pm
A soft breeze blew into the room of an azure head girl as she rested under the sheets of her bed. Her left hand was hanging on the floor while the other was tucked beneath her body. The hair that was usually piled into a neat bun complete with feathers was laying on the bed down with a few bangs hanging in front of Mitsukai's face. Her eyes were open and staring into oblivion, or so it seemed. Her pupils were taking up most of her eye, making them seem black. It was like she had fallen into a strange sickness.

The hand that was dangling to the floor from her bed twitched slightly as she gave out a heavy breath. Blinking a few times, Mitsukai finally sat up and looked around. With a sigh, she rubbed her forehead and stood on her wobbly feet before trotting over to the closet.

So many nightmares. She had gone into a state of depression. Nightmares about her barer, whoever it may be. Many nightmares that crushed her heart. Sometimes the barer was a young girl, other times an elderly man. It didn't make a difference though, they all died in the end. How she tortured them with pain and suffering... Thinking about it made tears flow freely. She had to suck it up and forget it. Walking around with a burden like that wouldn't do her any good now. She didn't even know if this whole barer thing was true. She hadn't seen any proof that had completely convinced her, yet.

After getting dressed and putting her hair into it's proper bun with feathers and all, Mitsukai trudged out of her room silently and made her way to the kitchen. A cup of tea was sounded pretty good right about now. Yes, she'd enjoy that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:16 pm
Edaniel
It was almost as if you could hear the smile playing upon her dainty red lips as Melora slowly emerged from the shadows.

"I don't have much to talk about, or rather, it's more of talking that I want you to do, Kuro, if I remember correctly."

Not allowing him time to reply she continued on.

"I want to know about these thieves you live with... are they allways as inquisitive and, to be frank, annoying? So they ever keep to themzelves, or is that a flavour only you, Kuro, bear..."

Melora could remember the one she'd met before, the larger man, perhaps even older than Kuro, in the basement, she'd left from there, never really learnt his name, or atleast, not attributed it to memory.

He winced slightly at being called 'Kuro-bear'. "I wouldn't say I keep to myself as much as I dont bother talking to people who get on my nerves, but everyone gets on my nerves."

(sorry about not posting lately iv been playing kingdom hearts 2 and metal gear ac!d 2)  

Rurik_16

Kelwyn

Gracious Gaian

9,150 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:25 pm
jashu555
Mikujin
Kelwyn
((Jashu, you don't need to use "" marks around every sentence. You can just place one " in front of the first sentence in a speech, then place the last " at the end of the last sentence in the speech. The last " always goes after the punctuation mark.))

(( He's just using them for when his character is actually speaking aloud. Why he doesn't start a new paragraph as per English standard we may never know, but for now, what he's doing get's the job done.

And I'm bored. Sitting on top of the theatre. Maybe I'll get unlazy and make Izumo fall off or something... 'til then...))
((Yeah, I just don't like making paragraphs for some reason because I had this experience with my keyboard that made the blinking cursor go all chaotic everytime I hit enter.... But I got a new keyboard, so I will make more new para's and less quotations. biggrin Don't be mad, pweeze. To be honest, I'm not an experience roleplayer... I started only a little while ago.))

((I'm not mad, I was just trying to help you out. sweatdrop ))

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:35 am
jashu555
(( Okies, what comes before part B?!?!? Part-ay... XD Had to say it... some got me hooked to the saying at school... Um...... *Huggle tackles all* Wootness, fifty pages of ..... awesome...-ness...... biggrin ))

[Ya! I'm soooo proud!! Part-ay! LOL! *huggles* So happy for 50 pages, arent'chu all?]  

Edaniel
Crew

Edaniel
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:37 am
Rurik_16
Edaniel
It was almost as if you could hear the smile playing upon her dainty red lips as Melora slowly emerged from the shadows.

"I don't have much to talk about, or rather, it's more of talking that I want you to do, Kuro, if I remember correctly."

Not allowing him time to reply she continued on.

"I want to know about these thieves you live with... are they allways as inquisitive and, to be frank, annoying? So they ever keep to themzelves, or is that a flavour only you, Kuro, bear..."

Melora could remember the one she'd met before, the larger man, perhaps even older than Kuro, in the basement, she'd left from there, never really learnt his name, or atleast, not attributed it to memory.

He winced slightly at being called 'Kuro-bear'. "I wouldn't say I keep to myself as much as I dont bother talking to people who get on my nerves, but everyone gets on my nerves."

(sorry about not posting lately iv been playing kingdom hearts 2 and metal gear ac!d 2)

[Uhh... I wasn't calling him Kuro-bear, none of my characters are like that too call him names. She was saying that He, Kuro, bears that flavour of an attitude, not that she was giving him a chummy nick-name. That's all. And, yea, I've been engulfing KH2 as well as of late, it's not as good as the first, but I find Organization XIII so cool! I like Axel, he seems very... interesting...]  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:41 am
Melora laughed softly and looked at him, he was obviously one of a short-temper, easy to anger, and it was very amusing. But she was glad that he seemed to want to talk about anything other than the 'bearer' concept.

"People don't naturally bother me, and I'm not one to often go out of my way to seek conversation, but sometimes one gets so bored it's second-nature to crave some sort of human interaction."

She brought up one of her daint, fair-skinned hands and smoothed it through her silvery hair, as if she were deep in her mind, an idea pressing on her temple.

Edaniel
Crew

Vanslaz

5,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:13 am
"Hmm... I see then. Very well, hmm..." He thought about where they should start training. They already warmed up and streached... but what to do from there? There were so many routes to go Tao had to take a moment to think through them and figure out which would be the best route to take.

"I believe... we should start with unarmed. It helps you get a better feel of your body and doesn't confuse the body with the holding of a weapon." Tao said at last. He took off his katars and other hidden weapons.

((Actually I know nothing about unarmed fighting... most of the stuff I write is made up bs xP but it's good made up bs... bwahahaha))  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:45 am
Vanslaz
"Hmm... I see then. Very well, hmm..." He thought about where they should start training. They already warmed up and streached... but what to do from there? There were so many routes to go Tao had to take a moment to think through them and figure out which would be the best route to take.

"I believe... we should start with unarmed. It helps you get a better feel of your body and doesn't confuse the body with the holding of a weapon." Tao said at last. He took off his katars and other hidden weapons.

((Actually I know nothing about unarmed fighting... most of the stuff I write is made up bs xP but it's good made up bs... bwahahaha))

[Heh, just wing it.]  

Edaniel
Crew

Tsubasa Reservoir

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:30 am
Aoki just stared as her sister like she had some hideous, contagous virus and shook her head lightly.

"Since when does the almight Shinobu-onee-chan not get sleep? Thats crazy. I remember when we had so much time to ourselves it was crazy. I nearly WENT crazy." She burst out, waving her arms expressively. "Then, Haru came back, and so did many other people... Except Koh, I had to talk to him at least six times before he came back. Totally crazy."

Picking up a two large bamboo sticks, Aoki picked an enormous leaf off of a nearby tree. Poking the sticks into either end of the leaf, Aoki make herself a make-shift umbrella so at least she would finally see past her drentched hair.

The Immortal Thief Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 68 69 70 71 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games