Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leviathan Stadium

Back to Guilds

A battle Stadium for literate roleplayers. 

Tags: Literate, Fighting, Battle, Arena, Levi 

Reply OOC Lounge
OOC - NO U Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:50 am
Well, it sucks I can't really contribute to this conversation. :/ Most of the stuff I listen to is just...well...this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-yuO8EsrH0

Most of my ties to friends in metal bands ended when I graduated highschool. I don't even know what they're up to now. ._.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:51 am
Most of the thrash metal I have right now is Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, etc. Early stuff.

Aka, "I'm drunk and gonna shout lyrics about Cthulhu and Satan while this dude beats the ******** out of a drumset and some other guy shreds major a** on guitar."

The only other thrash metal band I've picked up on lately is Testament, and they're old too.. I really sorta gave up on it. I'll look up some of those bands, I've been really wanting to see some new thrash metal material. Just hadn't thought to look, since I figured it just evolved into "extreme" metal.  

The Thunder Tyrant

Ebag The II

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:51 am
Too bad I just said that and I found a B.D. Union download on a hardcore blog. xd

Darth. Iceland actually has a big heavy/thrash metal community. At least from what I've found. It's surprising. You won't understand what they're saying, but it's good s**t.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:53 am
And, unfortunately, I'm not th'biggest fan of visual kei.
:-//
I can stand some of it... but not too much. Nor too often.
I've heard of Saydie, but wasn't aware they were Filipino. I'm Filipino, actually...
LOL
What a coincidence!
I'm not sure if this is up your ally exactly, but another couple good bands are Iwrestledabearonce (Ulrich Firelord: Breaker of Mountains) and Genghis Tron (Things Don't Look Good). Audio on th'second video sorta' suxxx, but... ehh. You get a feel, ya' know?  

[Niitsu] - the - [First]

The Thunder Tyrant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:54 am
HonoRaven
*votes for more harmony, and less screaming* sweatdrop

I actually look for this in a lot of the metal bands I listen to. I'm not a fan of death growls and stuff, I prefer cleanly delivered lyrics, or shouted, as opposed to screamed/growled.

To me, shouting is "angry" or frenetic, ala Metallica or Five Finger Death Punch. Or, for a perfect example, "Liar", by Henry Rollins band, where he literally shouts "I AM A LIAR." Screaming is when they're so loud they're wailing and lose any tonality, but not in a good way like Judas Priest's Halford does. And Death Growls are just "Guuurrrrr" to me, which is unappealing unless they do it really well.

EDIT:: ********, why do I keep putting random words into sentences? My hands must be seriously ******** up from yesterday.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:55 am
Hope For The Fallen!

Call To Preserve. Florida hardcore band. I love bands with good sing along parts.

Ebag The II

Dangerous Sex Symbol

[Niitsu] - the - [First]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:57 am
Darth, once you start screaming, it's like a whole 'nother language; you can totally beginning making the words out tons better.
If you want more melodic, but still like heavy, check bands like Eyes Set to Kill, and the like.
But if you just want harmony and melody, how about some... hmm... Crystal Castles, Deas Vail, the Black Keys, and Colour Revolt.
smile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:00 pm
Unsinkable.  

Ebag The II

Dangerous Sex Symbol

The Thunder Tyrant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:01 pm
I'm just not a fan of the screaming stuff, unless they deliver it really well. To me, there's a difference between "screaming" the words and "shouting" them.

Glenn from Metallica can shout lyrics. The singer from Pantera is an EXCELLENT example of a dude who can really deliver shouted lyrics, like in Walk or Cowboys from Hell. I would consider FFDP to be one of the bands that can toe the line between shouting and screaming and pull it off exceptionally well. Mostly because their singer (Moody? Whatever his name is) can deliver lyrics with so much forceful rage that it can't come off any other way.

I'll look into some of those groups, though. Need to add more music to my library, I've been getting bored.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:04 pm
I like metallica, and quite a few other bands that are considered metal *shrugs* as long as the music is good and I can sing along with the chorus I usually don't change the station on a song....

but a lot of screaming or yelling of curses just tends to get boring when it overwhelms any attempts at good music sweatdrop the occasional scream can be really good, especially if you can hear the artist trying to actually work with the music, pulling out the note and making it more about harmony than just yelling in a bad attempt to get a crowd hyped heart

the same can be said for any kind of music actually, country rap or even opera, as long as the singer works with the music... and the music itself is not soooo repetitive that you wonder if the player knows more than 4 notes rolleyes ... it can be great! 3nodding

EDIT: *pulls a pillow over hear head and attempts to sleep... or at least faint from loss of oxygen* xp  

HonoRaven

Wicked Healer

18,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Ebag The II

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:04 pm
Sadly, the hardcore scene has become sickening.

Thus, H20 - What Happened?

Darth, may like this one.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:07 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RUvKh2gI0A
An alright video of a band from my hometown, Fayetteville, AR. They're called The Goodnight Fight. Or... well... were. Broke up a while back, unfortunately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccTlADAbDdM&feature=related
Another band by Dodge City Showdown, also from my town. Sorta'-kinda'-really shitty volume on the vocals, though...  

[Niitsu] - the - [First]

[Niitsu] - the - [First]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:09 pm
I just watched about five seconds of that H20 video. And I about exploded. From being overfilled. By lameness...
sad
It's saaaaad!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:14 pm
Yeah, I like that H20 song a lot.

Hono: Well, 4 notes might be all you need. Van Halen said "A guitar plays sixteen notes. Do whatever you want with them."

It's how he came up with stuff like Eruption. He just played.  

The Thunder Tyrant

Ebag The II

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:27 pm
[Niitsu] - the - [First]
I just watched about five seconds of that H20 video. And I about exploded. From being overfilled. By lameness...
sad
It's saaaaad!!!
Not an H20 fan or because it's true? xd  
OOC Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games