Welcome to Gaia! ::

When I Say Run - A Doctor Who Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Dalek, Cyberman, Timelord, TARDIS, Doctor Who 

Reply When I Say Run - A Doctor Who Guild
A doctor who rp Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who wants to be the doctor?
  OOOHHH! OOOHHHH! PICK MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!*Crash*
  THE ASSISTANTS ROCK!!!!!!
  The doctor stinks! THE MASTER FOR INTER GALACTIC RULER!!!!!
View Results

Triska
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:03 am
OOC: That's a reasonable amount of time. He may be caught up in studying for finals. Which is something I should be doing instead of this, but tonight is my last one.

BIC: After Susan turned a corner she broke into a run. She had no idea as to where she was going to go. Going to work is out of the question. Not when she has so many conflicting things going on in her head.
There was something familiar about all of this. Her heart says that she knows what all of this is, but her mind is telling her it's preposterous.
The TARDIS. The Doctor. The Ruler. The Editor. The Doctor. Grandfather.. her dreams.
Susan barely registered a vehicle when she found herself waking up in a hospital.

OOC: How's that?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:33 pm
OOC: That's really good but I'm wondering if we should separate again, or stick together. I mean we could always go to the hospital by taking the Doctor there cause Eddie DID throw a wrench to his head. Only if you want to though.  

TheSmilingShadow

CrystalGazer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:57 pm
Sam had just woken up from a very strange dream. His friend had been kidnapped... He had followed the man in the black suit to try to save her, but was caught... His hands were bound and he was taken into a large room through the mouth of a gargoyle.

He tried to rub the sleep out of his eyes, but he was disappointed to find that his hands were still securely tied together. He blinked a few times in confusion, and saw to his amazement that he was not in his own room.

"Oh... gosh... where am I?" The room was strange, it looked like an alien ship's control center from a sci-fi T.V. show. Sam got the insane urge to get up and touch everything, but he had to fight it. He had to find a way to untie his hands, first.

He saw his baseball bat lying on a counter that was across the room from him. He struggled to get onto his feet, which was hard without the use of his hands.

"How did I manage to fall asleep in such an odd situation anyway?" He said to no one.

Then he remembered. The gargoyle's mouth, or the door, closed... then it opened to reveal the neat grassy lawn in front of a library. He had watched as the unconscious Irene was left on the lawn in front of a Library building, the man in the black suit had taken a weird device out of his pocket and plunged it into the ground. When he removed the mechanical device from the lawn, the air around Irene crackled with electricity for a moment, and she disappeared.

Sam yelled out and protested, demanding that she be brought back. The man turned to him and snarled:
"Shut up, you silly little boy."

While Sam's head was turned, he could have sworn that out of the corner of his eye he still saw Irene's body laying on the grass. He looked intently at the spot, but she was definitely gone. He didn't want to loose a friend like that, so quickly and in such a confusing manner.

He turned toward the man again, and again he saw Irene out of the corner of his eye.

"Ah! What?" Sam yelled in surprise. The man twitched and glared at Sam, striding quickly towards him. As he came at Sam in a fury he was spitting out the words,
"I said Shut Up!!!!"

Sam felt the man's hand come down hard against the side of his head, and that was all he could remember.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:52 pm
OOC: I don't know. It probably matters on how much Eddie wants to help the Ruler out. Or if she have a care in the world about how the Doctor feels.
Think about her character, then decide from there. Separation can work. I've seen one RPG where people separated into four different groups. Sometimes five. Eventually everyone would get back together again.

BIC: Susan sat up in the bed she was in. Several parts of her body hurt, along with her head. That let out a throb as she sat up. But overall she was OK. At least, nothing felt like it was broken. "What just..."
Susan thought back on what had happened. She couldn't remember what her thoughts were. But she did manage to recall a car. She must have hit her head on impact.
Susan wondered if all of that stuff happened before the accident, or was it all really a dream. A weird dream about people from other worlds. It may have came from all those Flash Gordon comics she read.
That's what it all was. All of that was just some kind of strange dream. None of that happens in real life.
Susan situated her hair and looked around the room to see where they put her clothing so she can get out of this gown. A nurse came into the room and said, "Miss? Miss, you shouldn't be up out of bed."
"I know. I was in an accident. But seeing as how I am able to get up."
"But Miss, at least let the doctor see you."
Susan made a pause in her search on that. Susan said, "No, I do believe I've had enough of Doctors."
As she turned to face the nurse, she saw something wheel past the door. She shook her head on what she saw for only a moment. Susan said, "I would appreciate it if you could give me my cloths back."
The nurse replied, "Just give me moment."
The nurse left the room. Susan stood there wondering. It must have been a dream. Every notion of knowing things that she couldn't possibly know was gone. Just as it would when it's a dream.

OOC: The watch isn't with her.  

Triska
Crew

CrystalGazer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:53 pm
(( OOC: Ok, so I guess I'll take over for the Doctor (number 10) now since it's been 5 days. I nominate Shadow for the ruler.
Note to Newcomers: CrystalGazer, as of now, has taken over the position of The Tenth Doctor ))

The Doctor watched as Susan left. He had barely noticed her fingering a pocket watch as she hurried away, and decided not to intervene with her decision... there were more pressing matters at hand, and he was absolutely sure that he would be seeing her again.

His head was throbbing from where the wrench had hit him. He was staring at the girl who said his name... she had seen him before, in a food market back when he had a little trouble with some Dodos and Saber Toothed Tigers... but that was a few months ago. He had seen her another time, but his head gave a painful throb when he tried to place when. This girl was human. He could tell.

He turned his gaze to the other girl, he knew she was a Time Lord. The bracelets were Gallifrey crafted.

He suddenly realized... that wrench-to-the-head was completely uncalled for!

"What were you thinking attacking a man in the middle of an important trek! The wrench was unnecessary, you could have just called my name if you knew who I was! Seriously... what could have been going through your mind... What is this money you speak of, anyway? I don't have to owe you anything... I don't know what you are talking about!"

The Doctor paced back and forth for a few moments, hot headed and confused. He turned towards the girl and the Time Lady again, the girl looked frightened and confused also. The Time Lady had a cool, impassive expression on her face. This just annoyed him further.

"Ghah! Whatdoyou wannt?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:29 pm
Eddie began to giggle as she walked up to grab her wrench.

"I told you what I want." She said.

The Editor to Irene's surprise, took on an entirely different personality. She seemed far calmer and more composed in all of the short time they had known each other. She stood straight and tall as she went up to the Doctor, and in a deep, almost sad voice spoke.

"I need your help. I've been here, marooned, for ten years." She nodded. "That's still a long time for me. And I waited, and waited, and waited to see you, this is after all where you go, isn't it?"

The Doctor had a stern face on, he was far too upset over the whole wrench ordeal to give into a suddenly sweet girl that spoke before him.

"You owe me money from a long time ago. Take me to get some parts for my TARDIS, so I can go home."

At the mention of Gallifrey the Doctor looked up at her with some short of unspoken understanding.

"OH!" The Editor smiled almost back to her old self. "And there's this guy that's been here, the Ruler, he wants to talk to you or something. So I don't know, we could skip that whole thing." Eddie laughed and twirled her wrench. "Oh, I'm the Editor by the way, you can call me Eddie."

"And why is she with you?" The Doctor asked, motioning to Irene.

---------------

The Ruler stood within the walls of his TARDIS, looking down at the pathetic thing on the floor. His name was Samuel and he was reaching back into the waking world.

"Wha - What?" Sam was able to spit out.

"You found something didn't you?" The Ruler said.

"What?"

"You found something I need, human."

"I...I did?"

"I am an Alien. You will show me what you found, and I will show you things you can't even imagine." The Ruler said.

"But - But why did you hit me?"

"Do you understand what I have even said to you!?"

TheSmilingShadow

Triska
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:15 pm
The nurse came back with Susan's belongings. Along with a doctor, who wanted to take a quick look at her before setting up a release.
After Susan was dressed in her clothing, which is now dirtied up a bit, she felt awkward. At first she thought it was because she wasn't dress. But now that she was dress she wondered what it was. Something was missing. But what.
Susan rechecked the box and saw that all of it's contents were emptied. She checked her purse and saw that everything was still in there. But something was missing.
As Susan puzzled over this her hand went up to the spot where something should have been. Something that was no longer there. The watch. Her watch was gone. Susan had always worn it, but never used it.
Susan ran out of the room and went up to the nurse's station. "Excuse me. But can you show me where my belongings were kept?"
The nurse behind the desk was a different one from the one she was speaking to. From the way she poked up nose up, she must be the head nurse. She replied, "That room is strictly for personnel."
"I understand, but my watch is missing."
"Well, I can't help if you lose things. Just get yourself a new one."
"You don't understand. I..."
What was so important about it? Up till now, Susan never realized that she always had the notion to always keep it with her. She finished, "Please. It's a family heirloom."
"Alright, I'll go check. It may have just fell out."
The nurse did not seem all that concern about a missing watch. But for Susan for some reason felt like she just lost a limb.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:28 pm
Sorvad lay dormant on the ground in an awkward position at the base of the stairwell. His wheelchair was a few feet away from him. He opened his eyes and looked around himself, he was in the basement; a place that was normally inaccessible by him, but gravity had quickly solved that dilemma for him. He pulled himself up and placed a hand on his pounding forehead. He had struck his sensitive brain. "Ugh... that sucked." He quickly crawled over to his wheelchair and turned it upright. He struggled to pull himself back into the seat. He then wheeled himself back to the base of the stairs and looked up. "This also sucks..." He inspected his chair and saw that something had become stuck in the spokes of the wheel. He pulled it out. "How the hell did this get there?"  

Lone-Lycan

Triska
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:49 pm
The nurse came back with nothing in her hands. "I'm sorry, miss."
"Can you look again?"
"Look. I have other patients in here that needs my attention. I can't go scampering over something that's gone."
She proceeded to look at her chart.
Susan narrowed her eyes and walked by her in the direction she had gone.
The nurse called out, "Just where do you think you are going?"
"To find my watch that a incredibly busy nurse who had her hands full of paper work can't find for me."
"Now you just hold it right there. I know Dr. Markase had just checked you out. So I know that I am in the right to get security on you."
Susan turned and face her, "You are either going to help me find that watch, or you will need to call them."
As Susan moved off, the nurse gave up. She walked on, though she had no clue as to what room her belongings were kept in. She walked by a door that led to a flight of stairs.
Susan looked around the hallway as it gave no indication of where to go. That was probably why the nurse didn't follow. She probably figured that Susan couldn't find the room. Well, she was right.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:05 pm
"Me?" Irene stepped up, towards The Doctor. "I am here because I was kidnapped by one of your kind, I'm assuming... from Gallifrey. He calls himself The Ruler, which is very egotistical in my opinion. Eddie made some sort of alliance with him, to get to you... I'm sorry... I'm still very confused... I'm from the year 2007 and it doesn't look like 2007... And I need-

~~~

"1947." The Doctor interjected. "I can fix your TARDIS, Editor...but I want to know more about this Ruler fellow. Why does he want to talk to me? Hmmm... All of this seems very strange..."

Very strange indeed. The Doctor would have never forgot to pay someone back... Well, perhaps he has forgotten a few times, and then again, it was a very long time ago... Time... he looked back at Irene. She was staring at him with a lost, confused expression, mixed with intrigue. Why was she kidnapped? He quickly forced his train of thought away from the tangent, and looked back at The Editor.

~~~

"Yes, I understand... what... I found what?" Sam was still struggling to stand up, now using the wall as a support.

"Why are you yelling- hey, where's Irene?" Sam slipped, but quickly recovered himself and was up on his feet. "I won't help with anything until I know Irene's safe."

CrystalGazer

TheSmilingShadow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:29 pm
The Editor had lost some sort of interest once Irene started speaking. She was looking away and picking her ear, lost in her thoughts. Her eyes shifted once she noticed the Doctor was staring at her.

"Oh. Thanks for the help." She shifted her eyes, hoping that was what she was supposed to say.

"Tell me all you know about the Ruler." He said in a deep serious voice.

"Uhhhhhh...."

"Wait!" Irene cried. "Can't you take me home? Me and my friend, Sam, he's got my friend, Sam."

The Doctor perked up at the mention of this Sam, he looked to Irene then, stepping over to her almost ignroing the Editor.

"The Ruler's kidnapped your friend?" He asked.

"Yeah!"

"Well I don't like this Ruler then, not at all. This is a terrible thing, come on, we'll go fix it."

"You'll help?"

"Of course!"

"HEY!" The Editor screamed. "What about me!?"

"What about you?" The Doctor asked.

"I wanna go home! It won't take more than an hour, please! You can't tell me I've waited all this time to have to wait some more!"

She was desperate. She was angry. She was not going to stand here and help out a human after all these years. She wanted to go home, that was that.

But the Doctor turned to her with saddened eyes.

"I'm so sorry." The Doctor started.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:49 pm
Irene noticed the Doctor's face fill with emotion as he spoke the words "I'm so sorry..." He was not looking at the Editor, but rather through his memory... it must have been a painful memory because just by the sorrow in his voice Irene felt a strong sense of loss.

"Editor... Remember the Daleks?" Eddie's eyes narrowed with anger. She growled out an affirmative before The Doctor continued his harrowing recount of the Time War, which had destroyed the Time Lord's home planet, Gallifrey.

He took a shuddering breath to end his story. "...and thats how... Gallifrey was destroyed. I have been traveling around the universe, convinced I was never to see a Time Lord or Lady ever again. But there's you..." he grinned at her, "...and this Ruler fellow that I must meet..." His voice grew stronger at the mention of his newfound quest, the past was fading from his mind.

Irene found that a tear was sliding down her face when The Doctor finished the story of his home. He had not cried, but there was a bitter sadness in his voice the whole time.

CrystalGazer

TheSmilingShadow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:22 pm
She had left her home a long time ago. She was still young, had bought a new apartment by the city. She loved it cause just down the block was her favorite restaurant and just further down was her job. She worked as a mechanic and inventor. She was good with tools, machines just clicked with her. She was one of the people working on the new TARDIS models when she left. She said I won't be long, don't worry. Bye guys, I won't be long.

She hadn't said a word as the Doctor told her everything. He seemed to command her to be quiet somehow without words. His voice though sorrowful had a distance in it. He had fought in the war and he had long since been its survivor. The scars of battle were fading, he had gotten used to the idea.

But she hadn't.

"What?" She cried.

"Editor..." He tried.

"Everyone's dead?"

He nodded.

"But you and me?"

"And the Ruler."

That's why The Ruler wouldn't take her home. That's why he worked so hard to keep her with him but never told her why they couldn't go home. Not yet, he'd tell her all the time, just help me and I'll help you. That's why when she asked about home he looked away and told her not yet.

The Doctor smiled at her, like the news that there were two other Time Lords in existence was good news. He walked up to her, closer, wanting to put his arm around her. But she pushed him away.

"No one came to get me!?" she cried.

"Editor, please, this is good -"

"I could have helped!" She motioned. "I could've designed weapons! Ships! A - A lock on system, a jumping system to the Dalek's natural power supply, I could've made it backfire, I know I could've!" Her head filled with ideas, her head erupted with them.

The Doctor only stared, he didn't offer another word.

"I mean! I mean..."

Irene stared too, scratching her nose.

"We should go." The Doctor said.

"NO!" The Editor yelled. "NO! Why? Let's just...I want you to fix my TARDIS, I'll go somewhere else then."

"But we should stick together..." The Doctor said.

The Editor didn't want to, but knew she probably should. She just shook her head unable to do anything else. The Doctor grabbed her by the shoulders.

"Look. Let's help this girl. Then we'll...figure something out."

He stood and walked away with Irene following. Editor stood there for a moment. Irene looked back and finally Eddie began to follow.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:55 pm
"Oooookay." The Doctor looked around the tops of the buildings, trying to find a landmark to lead them to the Central Library. On Earth, he preferred the city of London to the city of Los Angeles... it took a lot longer to dash off towards the scene of excitement when you weren't as familiar with the layout of the city. He scanned the tops of the buildings again, trying to remember if the hand on top of the library held a torch of flame or a book... when he heard Irene cough beside him. He looked at her in concern, then realized that she was pointing towards the golden hand holding a torch on top of a pyramid crowning a building.

"Aha!" The Doctor exclaimed, excited again, "I remember now. Thanks amigo!" Irene nodded, smiling.

~~~

Irene watched The Doctor bound off towards the Library, shouting "The game is afoot!"

She turned to Eddie, who was standing a few feet behind her with her arms crossed and a scowl on her face. Her eyes were sort of red and she was sniffling.

"Hey Eddie, is he always like this? I mean... so excited all the-"

"Don't talk to me right now." Eddie's scowl deepend and she looked away. Irene shrugged, and followed after the Doctor.

They finally found themselves at the foot of the Library. The Doctor was on the lawn, looking up at a very strange and out of place gargoyle crouching at the corner of the Library roof. Irene found herself beside him, looking at the gargoyle also. "Hmm... that gargloyle is very out of place-"

"That is it." The Editor was glaring at the gargoyle.

"Hmm?" The Doctor did not look back at the Editor.

"That gargoyle is the Ruler's Tardis."

It all made sense to Irene now. "Oooooh... I get-"

"I know." The Doctor finally turned towards the Editor. "Of course it is."

The Editor grunted.

"So are we like-" Irene started...

"The game is afoot! WE MUST CATCH IT!" The Doctor bolted up the front stairs, two at a time, and dissapeared into the doors of the Library.

CrystalGazer

TheSmilingShadow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:08 pm
The Editor strayed behind the entire time as the Doctor made his way through out every bit of the Library. He would keep going then somehow find something that would distract him. Irene often urged him to hurry up for that Sam boy, but the Doctor insisted that he could straighten everything out with a fellow Time Lord.

Finally reaching the top of the Library and getting up to the Gargoyle TARDIS the Doctor knocked on the tongue which he assumed was the door.

The Editor, Eddie simply stood there and stared at it all.

Just before the Ruler had time to answer the human boy their came a knocking that resonated through out his entire TARDIS. The boy jumped at the noise and the Ruler slowly turned his head.

"EDITOR!?" The Ruler asked.

"Uh, no sorry, my name's the Doctor!" Came the voice. "OH but the Editor's here! Right?"

Their came a silence.

"EDITOR!?" The Doctor cried on the other side.

"What do you want!?" The Editor replied.

"See? She's here, and this other one, I'm sorry what's your name, Amigo?"

There was a muffle that was a reply.;

"Oh yes, her name's Irene!"

"IRENE!?" Sam yelled.

"...Sam?" Irene knocked on the TARDIS.

"Irene this is SO WEIRD!"

"QUIET YOU!" The Ruler screamed. "At last Doctor, we get to meet."

Just then the Ruler pressed a button and the platform he stood upon when shooting up into the endless darkness that was his ceiling.

"What the -" Sam tried.

The Ruler laughed unseen in the dark, and the door of his TARDIS shot open and in stepped two aliens and a human girl.

When I Say Run - A Doctor Who Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff