Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ANTHROBreedables
[PRP] I just have this feeling, brother. (Elrics & Dji) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:18 pm
In all honesty, Edward didn't have the means to take care of his automail while he's been here. After all, they arrived with nothing but the clothes on their backs, and no knowledge of this world. He had noticed the gradual decline his metallic limbs had undergone from day to day, but said not a word about it. He sighed quietly, knowing that eventually.. his automail would break down if he didn't do something soon.

The golden haired boy listened in silence as the siblings across from he and Alphonse spoke. Eyes closing as he took in everything they said, the bitter words exchanged and the clear pain that eminated from Illyana. His expression becoming more ridged with each passing moment. The sound of metal grinding against metal was probably clear to Alphonse's ears atleast as Edward's hands clenched in his lap.

Eventually, the older brother stood and excused himself before leaving the room. Once out in the hallway, he put his back against the wall and slid down into a sitting position. There was sadness in his eyes as he just stared off into nothingness, before closing his eyes once more.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:42 pm
Envy is... annoyed. "At least you're alive now. You could at least give him credit for that. You're alive, in one piece and able to defend yourself. Guilt or no guilt, you could at least ... what was that phrase again? ah yes... 'Cut him some slack.'"

He sighed. "Alright, that was... rude of me. I apologize. Still, you could give him the benefit of the doubt and start over."

He rubbed his forehead, starting to get a migraine and moved the completed sandwiches to the table, going to pour the reheated soup into bowls.

Let's see... 5 bowls. Alright.

He moved them to the table and then went back to the fridge to get the drinks.  

Gabe Ragnarok
Captain

Ruthless Senshi

10,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Trelweny

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:02 pm
Brother... Sad worried eyes followed his sibling out of the room leaving Alphonse torn inside. He wanted to go after Edward... but the blonde girl still had his hand. Having 'grown up' essentially without a body he was more slow on the hormonal aspects of being a teenage boy than his brother. It was more that she was crying, and he was not quite sure how to tactfully withdraw his hand without making Illyana feel bad.

She had not yet noticed the other red-coated youth's departure from the room though her brothers had, their lupine ears flicking even lowered at the unmistakable creak of Ed's metal limbs thought neither knew the source other than it came from the diminutive blonde.

Illyana looked up at the dark haired man that was not her brother at first with a flare of angry reproof. Then suddenly it faded back into the tears. "It's not that easy. It's not..."

Blink. Only one of the red coated boys were there, and he had such a sad, disheartened and worried not to mention perplexed look on his face. She held his hand... no wonder she was feeling more calm. Someone holding her hand always made her feel better when she was dying, why not now when she was remembering it? "Oh no... I scared him away didn't I?"

She moved to rise -awkwardly for Alphonse as she had not released his fingers- but was stopped by a firm arm around her shoulders. Turning sad pleading eyes on her brother she was surprised to be met with firm denial. "Eat first, Illyana." "But..." "Eat."

"Eat." Mikhail joined in. Alphonse decided he should stay quiet for now. "You need your strength." Illyana frowned lightly, not quite ignoring him but not responding to him either. "A few bites maybe?" Three pairs of matching blue eyes flicked, agreement silently being made. Dutifully Illyana blew to cool then ate two quick bites.

"Eat for me now? I will catch up my one bowl to your 5 later, Piotr." There was sisterly love in her voice as she kissed his cheek. With a smile he nodded. Her blue eyes regarded Alphonse then. "Take me to him?" Soft. Gentle. A reference to how weak she was. Al gave her a shy, sweet smile. He wanted to go to his brother too, wanted to help her and... odd she still had not let go of his hand. Although he knew Ed often needed these moments of contemplation... "um... Sure."

The alchemist helped her out of the room trying to ignore the way her towering brothers intently watched. Catching the wall Illyana let go of Alphnose and used the wall to sit down, pulling her knees to her chin. Her short skirt covered everything essential... at least from the angles the Elrics could see at that moment. Not that Illyana was thinking about it really. "Я огорченн." She said softly, honest apology in her voice. Then sheepishly translated. "I'm sorry. I... you... that wasn't right of me..."

Alphonse shuffled his feet nervously, hands in his pockets just... hovering nearby -available if either his brother or Illyana wanted him for anything. It was almost too easy to picture Winry there instead of the Russian girl: both with long blonde hair & blue eyes, same height. Just for a moment though. This was different.

He wished Winry was here...

Of course if she where here the mechanic would probably be throwing wrenches at both Elrics for the state of Ed's automail. Alphonse was feeling terribly guilty. He should have said something. Done something. Noticed before now if nothing else...

He sighed inaudibly, his chest rising and falling as he watched the two seated on the floor with soft sad eyes.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:21 pm
Slumped against the wall with his head bowed, there was just the faintest of sighs as Alphonse and Illyana came out and joined him.

"You have no reason to apologize" he said softly, eyes downcast and looking at his gloved hands. "You didn't ask to be brought here, and you shouldn't have to suffer because of someone elses selfishness."

Edward scowled, "That idiot, Envy, in there is wrong. I can't bring myself to believe that this Djibril woman can just bring people to life, just like that, but if she can... it shouldn't be up to her to decide who comes back or not. Just because you're alive, doesn't mean you're better off, if you have to suffer. Just because someone has the will to live, doesn't mean they should be brought back at all."

His voice wavered slightly as he continued, "And that's why, we can't let her bring mom back, Al." If their mother had to go through a similar kind of mental pain as Illyana, Edward wouldn't be able to live with himself. It was hard to even admit that, but it was the truth. He had already caused his mother suffering at his own hands, and to have her be brought back again.. even if by someone else's own hands... he'd be just as guilty if he stood idly by.

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Trelweny

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:45 pm
Mutely Alphonse nodded. It made sense but...

At some point while Edward was speaking the girl had turned her head, leaning her cheek upon her bare knees as she watched him with moist but no longer crying eyes. "Tovarish... nyet. No. It is not like that. The living... I am beside myself with joy to be alive again. To think that maybe this time I will have a chance to actually, fully enjoy life. My anger at Mikhail..." Illyana had to work to say his name civilly. "It is from before, da? From when I was first the age my body is now, before I became a child again and died. I did not remember it as a child and when it all came rushing back... well the emotions ... everything... then learning that my beloved brother Piotr sacrificed his own life after I died to save all of our friends... It was too much, on top of the old anger."

Lightly she shook her head wincing as even that made her dizzy. "If your mother wants to live again... should that not be her choice, Tovarish? I was not really listening to my brother... but I think you have to want to live for it to happen. Piotr & I wanted to live..."

"Like I wanted to live, Brother?" Al whispered faintly, looking down at a spot between Ed & Illyana's booted feet.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:54 pm
"You guys don't get it..." he said softly, having heard everything they said but shaking his head. "Mom doesn't know what happened." He sighed again and finally looked up, deciding he would have to explain for Illyana to understand. "Our mother passed away when we were kids, and we... I... decided to bring her back using alchemy. But it failed... Alphonse lost his body, and I lost my arm and leg... and we ended up creating an artificial human being in her likeness. If she knew... if she saw me like this..." and he pulled his sleeve back, revealing his mechanical arm, "What would she say?" He just couldn't bear the thought of potentially putting their mother through any more pain.

Certainly Alphonse had to know what he felt... after all... Edward lost his arm because he attached Al's soul to the suit of armor. He knew that Alphonse hadn't been alright with that, but their mother... would she blame herself for the way he was, too?

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Trelweny

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:21 pm
Illyana blinked, stunned, at the tale as Alphonse squatted in front of his brother. She listened intently, part of her just amazed, the other part wondering what these Elric brothers would think of her tales... "I don't know, Brother..."

Over her shock she gave a small squeal of childish delight at the sight of Ed's automail, startling Alphonse. "Oh! You are part metal like brother Piotr!! Aiii!" Before she thought about it Illyana had her hand out of her glove & upon Ed's automail feeling it, her blue eyes bright with wonder. "It's so different! Not like Brother's! How very int..." Suddenly it dawned on her what she was doing and her hand snapping back to her leg, her blue eyes wide and her fair skin fully red with embarrassment. "I do not know your mother, tovarish... I can't guess what she would say. But... I think... any mother who could raise such caring boys ... well she must be wonderful, da? I am thinking, she must be loving you for loving her so very much you would risk everything for her."

Then an almost evil look of mischief flicked behind the blues. "But then she should swat you for risking your lives!"

Al yelped at the soft outburst after all the soothing things. How could she tease about that? But... he saw it in her eyes, in what she did not say. Her parents had died too. From what she said before... perhaps her parents had not wanted to live.

He had been listening to Ed too of course, until Illyana had made a fuss about Ed's automail & derailed him. It made so much sense to him now. Yes... he had always been... well it was difficult to find a word to describe it. Glad to have been saved from the gate but guilt/sorrow/grief at what his brother had sacrificed to keep his soul bound? And now... he still really wanted to find a way to get his brother's limbs back to the way he was before. Ed wouldn't like it if he said anything about it.

"Truthfully though, Tovarish, how could any mother not be proud of such fine sons!"  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:39 pm
Edward was stunned, to put it mildly, as Illyana squeeled and grabbed his arm. Eyes wide and a bright red blush spreading across his entire face as she felt his automail. He couldn't feel with the limb, but still! Only Winry had ever shown such enthusiasm in his automail, and she was the one that built it. Truthfully, Edward missed Winry as well.

When Illyana finally let go, Edward just sat there in a stunned stupor for a few more moments until she started to speak once more. His expression turned melancholy once more, but thoughtful. He couldn't deny that she was a wonderful mother. However, a look of shock quickly flashed across his face at the sudden mischevious statement of swatting them!

When she had finished, Edward granted her a sad smile... for her words gave him something to think about, "Thanks" he said quietly. Certainly appreciative of her kind words. Would their mother be proud of them? He would certainly hope so.

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Gabe Ragnarok
Captain

Ruthless Senshi

10,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:47 pm
Envy, having put all the chilled drinks on the table with the sandwiches, the heated soup and the pizza he'd retrieved from the fridge and heated just now, went off to find Ed and the others. He opened the door and looked for them.

Catching sight of them he coughed slightly, "Excuse me, lady and gentlemen. Are you going to eat now or should I leave you alone?"  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:46 pm
Of course that Illyana knew others with metal parts (Cable, Forge) it was not a fully alien thing to her. Of course... with some of the things she had seen and now mostly remembered, it was a wonder there was still room for surprises. Bright eyes smiled back at him, now almost shy in her reddened face. "You're welcome." Alphonse hid his own soft smile behind his hand.

Her head snapped up at the cough, instantly bringing a soft whimper from Illyana as her head throbbed and vision wavered. Alphonse looked up from picking himself at the sound, having fallen on his posterior at Envy being there. "um... yeah?" He stood & iffered a hnd up to the girl.

"Da, I'm starving." With a smile Illyana accepted the hand up then smiled at Ed. "Coming? I promise to behave..." Her smile was a combination sheepish, teasing, & apologetic.

Al's tummy rumbled and he looked surprised.  

Trelweny

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:05 pm
Well... Edward was likely very different from the others with metal parts that she knew, but that was likely a topic for another day. He blinked once as Envy appeared, smirking when his brother fell on his butt, and then watching the other two get up. He paused for a moment, before he let out a soft laught... his face finally brightening in a smile, "Yeah, I'm coming." With the creak of metal, Edward pushed himself to his feet and followed them back into the little kitchen.

Maybe this place wasn't so bad after all.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:24 pm
"Heh, hope you like the food." Envy said mildly, moving out of their way.

He inquired, "I'll have to to go back to the infirmary soon enough, so if you guys need anything...?"

He was really curious as to exactly what had happened out there but he wasn't about to ask. He probably wouldn't understand it anyway, he decided. Heh. Odd humans.

In any case, the sheer distress he felt, anger and upset, from his link to Djibril as one of her Evil Voices, was quite.. interesting.

He wondered what Edward Elric had done to piss her off this badly?
He was fairly sure that another raising would ensue.
He wondered clinically who it would be this time?

As soon as these three and the Weasleys were tended to. Of course. They were already overworked as is. Thank goodness the Weasleys were still asleep and not such hasty wakers, otherwise, this place would have been far too crowded.  

Gabe Ragnarok
Captain

Ruthless Senshi

10,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Trelweny

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:58 am
Al smiled shooting a teasing look at his brother -tinged with worry at the sound of Ed's automail- as he led Illyana back to her seat & tried to not be intimidated by blue gazes under dark hair that were both extremely protective of their baby sister. "Thanks! I'm sure we will. You've probably not seen my brother eat." Illyana giggled and gave his hand a light & thankful squeeze as she sat down. "Of course we'll like it! You made Pizza! Thanks!" Setting her gloves down she reached for a slice to pout as a stong hand stopped her. "Soup first, little snowflake." "Piotr!!" She pouted not quite petulantly, ignoring Mikhail's almost smirking snicker. They had planned this! "Soup is better for a fresh stomach, snowflake. Then you may have your pizza." Pouting she complied, setting to her soup with dainty voracity. Alphonse stifled a grin and set to his soup too, while eying the flat object Illyana had reached for. So that's Pizza...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:14 am
Edward glanced in Envy's direction... for since he was one of Djibril's lackeys, he wasn't too sure about him. This was a strange place, one that Edward didn't feel all that comfortable in. He said nothing though, and merely sat with his brother and their seemingly new found friends.

He could see the protectiveness of Illyana's brothers in their eyes, and he could understand how they felt. He and Alphonse never had a sister, but Winry was the closest thing to that, and they would have done anything to protect her. Looking at the soup infront of him, Edward finished if off within a few moments. Indeed, Edward had quite the appetite! However, his gaze was now settled skepticly on the pizza. He'd never seen anything like that before.

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Trelweny

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:21 pm
The dark haired brothers grinned, in agreement over the well being of their sister & ate heartily of soup & sandwiches. It was not that either particularly disliked the Elrics -in truth that they were close brothers spoke well to them- it was simply that Illyana was to be protected. Even if she was no slouch in protecting herself.

With a 'there! I finished it!' look of triumph in her eyes at her brothers -getting both of them to chuckle then laugh- Illyana tossed her long hair over her shoulders and reached to free a slice of pizza even as she laughed lightly seeing Ed's skeptical gaze on it. "It won't bite." She teased. Her blue eyes danced in delight as she had to find a knife to cut the strands of cheese that stretched to free the slice before finally getting it over her plate. Twisting up the dangling cheese Illyana dumped them on top of the slice & took a bit of the tip & chewing happily. One eye opened and looked at the Elrics and her nose crinkled teasingly seeing Al's surprised and blinking expression.  
ANTHROBreedables

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff