Submit

NowhereManXP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:09 pm
Chavelo
NowhereManXP
Chavelo
NowhereManXP
angel__tear
yes, but they have to have a primary source to create the chemical effect. however, i don't think i've even found out from the actual series what it was >.<

UC Gundam Minovsky-Ionesco fusion reactors utilize Helium gas, specifically the Helium-3 isotope.

We really don't know what the Mobile Suits in the other universes run off of... or even (in many cases) what powers them.

Heluim 3 isn't technically the power source. It's used to generate the field that contains the nuclear reaction for the reactors. The mobile suits of UC I believe run off compact fission reactors. In other words they're nuclear.

Ummm... yes. We know that. Note the bold emphasis in the above. wink

Furthermore, they're not fission reactors, but fusion reactors.

That bold wasn't there last time I looked razz

It wasn't in bold, no. I made it bold in the quote so that you could see where I'd already clarified that UC Gundam Mobile Suits mainly run off of fusion reactors. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:17 pm
NowhereManXP
Chavelo
NowhereManXP
Chavelo
NowhereManXP
angel__tear
yes, but they have to have a primary source to create the chemical effect. however, i don't think i've even found out from the actual series what it was >.<

UC Gundam Minovsky-Ionesco fusion reactors utilize Helium gas, specifically the Helium-3 isotope.

We really don't know what the Mobile Suits in the other universes run off of... or even (in many cases) what powers them.

Heluim 3 isn't technically the power source. It's used to generate the field that contains the nuclear reaction for the reactors. The mobile suits of UC I believe run off compact fission reactors. In other words they're nuclear.

It wasn't in bold, no. I made it bold in the quote so that you could see where I'd already clarified that UC Gundam Mobile Suits mainly run off of fusion reactors. wink

Well, you may have stated fusion reactors, but you implied they run off Heluim 3 which they don't. I believe the question was what they run off, even though Heluim 3 is a critical factor, without a radioactive material it's not much.  

Tezencatli

NowhereManXP

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:10 am
Chavelo
NowhereManXP
Chavelo
NowhereManXP
Chavelo

Well, you may have stated fusion reactors, but you implied they run off Heluim 3 which they don't. I believe the question was what they run off, even though Heluim 3 is a critical factor, without a radioactive material it's not much.

Actually, I forgot an element. It's a Helium-3/Deuterium (Heavy Hydrogen) fusion reaction. That's what it runs off of. My bad. wink  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:54 am
Chavelo
NowhereManXP
Chavelo
NowhereManXP
Chavelo

But... you can't have a Fusion reactor that runs off Fissile materials.

It's a blashomy against Science to say so, in fact...

He3 is a definite alternative Fuel Source to Tritium that we're looking into at the moment, and Fusion Reactors on Earth in the Future will undoubtably use this over our current Tritium-Deutirium Reactors (since you don't get your energy from Neutrons, which are notouriously hard to handle).  

rugged

Vivio1412

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:58 pm
has there been any new development of how the Dragoon system works?
or
if Kira is REALLY a NT?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:33 pm
Barsona
or
if Kira is REALLY a NT?

Mark Simmons said this in a discussion on why Sting Oakley can use the ZGMF-X24S Chaos' Weapon Pods:

toysdream
... the High Grade Chaos Gundam kit manual does address this question (which is nice, because it really does make one wonder). Apparently the Chaos's mobile weapon pods are an improvement on the original DRAGOON system, and the pilot requirements have been "somewhat universalized." However, operating them still requires a great deal of skill on the part of the pilot. As with the original DRAGOON system, the quantum communication technology used to control the Chaos's weapon pods also consumes a great deal of energy, which is probably why ZAFT reserved them for its rechargeable "Second Stage" mobile suits.

--Mark

This being the case, I don't see why the "Super DRAGOON System" of the ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom couldn't be the same case. Kira Yamato need not necessarily have "extraordinary spacial awareness," but I guess with Fukuda, anything is possible. rolleyes  

NowhereManXP

Vivio1412

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:33 pm
NowhereManXP
Barsona
or
if Kira is REALLY a NT?

Mark Simmons said this in a discussion on why Sting Oakley can use the ZGMF-X24S Chaos' Weapon Pods:

toysdream
... the High Grade Chaos Gundam kit manual does address this question (which is nice, because it really does make one wonder). Apparently the Chaos's mobile weapon pods are an improvement on the original DRAGOON system, and the pilot requirements have been "somewhat universalized." However, operating them still requires a great deal of skill on the part of the pilot. As with the original DRAGOON system, the quantum communication technology used to control the Chaos's weapon pods also consumes a great deal of energy, which is probably why ZAFT reserved them for its rechargeable "Second Stage" mobile suits.

--Mark

This being the case, I don't see why the "Super DRAGOON System" of the ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom couldn't be the same case. Kira Yamato need not necessarily have "extraordinary spacial awareness," but I guess with Fukuda, anything is possible. rolleyes

so basically, Kira can be the living computer like thing, controlling the individual dragoons?

so he isn't NT
hurray!
NT with SEED seems to irrational  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:41 am
okies what happened to the Duel at the end of seed?? like it wasnt badly damaged. it even appeared to get strikes left arm......so what happened to it  

Dasike

Ophiuchus
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:36 pm
Dasike
okies what happened to the Duel at the end of seed?? like it wasnt badly damaged. it even appeared to get strikes left arm......so what happened to it
Never officially stated. The treaty signed states that all technology should be returned to those it was stolen from, so the Duel would be Atlantic Federation property. However, Duel was in the posession of Yzak, who was working for three ships alliance at the time, whom ignore rules all the time.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:23 pm
Ophiuchus
Dasike
Never officially stated. The treaty signed states that all technology should be returned to those it was stolen from, so the Duel would be Atlantic Federation property. However, Duel was in the posession of Yzak, who was working for three ships alliance at the time, whom ignore rules all the time.

Then again, Blu Duel was constructed...
and that MS is remarkably similar to Duel (even the model, they just reused parts from Duel AS, which is actually pretty funny)

But yea, Yzak...
why is he white, when Deaka is demoted to green...

*side note: until recently I haven't noticed this, but Shiho has been getting some slight air time... I was like, gasp, it's her when I saw her in SEED as well as Destiny. At least I don't have to worry about her getting utterly destroyed like Heine or others

question:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvrfXQh-0no
what the hell is this?
From guessing of Amuro's Zeta, it's Green Divers, duh. But what? The Wolf of Solomon dies in this? What the ******** were those MA-like thingy  

Vivio1412

Ophiuchus
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:33 am
Barsona
Ophiuchus
Dasike

Then again, Blu Duel was constructed...
and that MS is remarkably similar to Duel (even the model, they just reused parts from Duel AS, which is actually pretty funny)

But yea, Yzak...
why is he white, when Deaka is demoted to green...

*side note: until recently I haven't noticed this, but Shiho has been getting some slight air time... I was like, gasp, it's her when I saw her in SEED as well as Destiny. At least I don't have to worry about her getting utterly destroyed like Heine or others

question:
what the hell is this?
From guessing of Amuro's Zeta, it's Green Divers, duh. But what? The Wolf of Solomon dies in this? What the ******** were those MA-like thingy
Blu duel looks similar to Duel because the data on it was used. It's the same as the Atlantic Federation SOMEHOW having the ability to make Duel Daggers with Assault shrouds, despite the AS being made after Duel was stolen (meaning it was perhaps in the machine's data, and ZAFT built it to that specification?)
At any rate, Blu duel was constructed by a different manufacturer to Duel, but uses the same initial data.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:19 am
Barsona

question:
what the hell is this?

Yeah the latest batch of Gundam Evolves is certainly... interesting. I'm still not fully sure who was behind that Psyco Fortress thing. As for the Wolf, I think his self destruction was a little rushed. From my POV it seemed like he could have done the same damage just by shooting with all the damn weapons he had mounted on his Zeta. Also, I have no idea what the deal is with the kind of system the red Zeta uses. I've even heard people jokingly say this episode was like Evangelion. (you have to admit before the MA transforms it looks like Ramiel, the 5th Angel).  

ChibiDuo

NowhereManXP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:15 pm
ChibiDuo
Barsona

question:
what the hell is this?

Yeah the latest batch of Gundam Evolves is certainly... interesting. I'm still not fully sure who was behind that Psyco Fortress thing. As for the Wolf, I think his self destruction was a little rushed. From my POV it seemed like he could have done the same damage just by shooting with all the damn weapons he had mounted on his Zeta. Also, I have no idea what the deal is with the kind of system the red Zeta uses. I've even heard people jokingly say this episode was like Evangelion. (you have to admit before the MA transforms it looks like Ramiel, the 5th Angel).

Yuri's controlling the Red Zeta through the unit's bio-sensor.

To quote Gundam Official:
Quote:
Bio-sensor--A variant of the psycommu system, developed by Anaheim Electronics and experimentally installed in the MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam. Its full capabilities are unknown, but the bio-sensor does allow a Newtype pilot to control a mobile suit via mental commands. Paptimus Scirocco's custom-made mobile suit PMX-003 The O is also equipped with this device.

I found Evolve 9 to be a little bit over-the-top, and a bit too much in the style of Gundam SEED Destiny for my tastes. However, thinking about it, that was probably intentional: they want to attract all of those CE Gundam fans to UC Gundam and have them buy that "calendar's" models.

Personally, I don't find the technology too over-the-top or continuity breaking here, it's simply how it's presented: in that hyper-flashy style that we usually don't associate with UC Gundam.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:33 pm
NowhereManXP
ChibiDuo
Barsona

question:
what the hell is this?

Quote:
Bio-sensor--A variant of the psycommu system, developed by Anaheim Electronics and experimentally installed in the MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam. Its full capabilities are unknown, but the bio-sensor does allow a Newtype pilot to control a mobile suit via mental commands. Paptimus Scirocco's custom-made mobile suit PMX-003 The O is also equipped with this device.

I found Evolve 9 to be a little bit over-the-top, and a bit too much in the style of Gundam SEED Destiny for my tastes. However, thinking about it, that was probably intentional: they want to attract all of those CE Gundam fans to UC Gundam and have them buy that "calendar's" models.

Personally, I don't find the technology too over-the-top or continuity breaking here, it's simply how it's presented: in that hyper-flashy style that we usually don't associate with UC Gundam.

no my question is what the hell is that MA?
who are they?

and who the hell is yuri?  

Vivio1412

NowhereManXP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:53 pm
Barsona
NowhereManXP
ChibiDuo
Barsona

question:
what the hell is this?

Quote:

no my question is what the hell is that MA?
who are they?

and who the hell is yuri?

The Mobile Armor is unidentified, so far as I know. The piece itself only labels it as the "Psyco Weapon." I'll get back to you on that, as well as its affiliation, which, by all accounts I've seen, is unknown.

Yuri Ajissah is "Red Snake," and she is a powerful Newtype. This is her first appearance in any source that I know of, so we must wait to see if she pops up anywhere else.

I should also point out that, while that clip is the majority of Gundam Evolve 9, it's not the entirety of it. We miss Shin bitching about the colors of his Zeta (where we get a nice shot of his white wolf's head emblem), and Yuri running tests on the Red Zeta and reminiscing about the first time that she met Amuro Ray.  
Gundam

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff