Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~*The Official Yugioh Yaoi Guild!*~
Do You Like it When Your Favorite Uke is Turned into a Girl? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mtndewbutterfly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:35 pm
used to like female Yuugi fics when i was younger...and I forgot why they now repulse me rolleyes must have been a bad fic or something. Or maybe I found out that mpreg is more awesome. Maybe it was b/c of my transition from hetero to yaoi love rolleyes I really have memory problems  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:05 am
There was only one fanfiction I was able to read without cringing at gender-bending. And that was where Yami Bakura got turned into a girl after losing a duel from Yami Malik. It was well-written, too. And Ryou ended up falling in love with her. It was... weird. And depressing. But I liked it, most likely because of the fact that it was well-written and kept mostly in-character. >>;

But generally? No. No I don't.  

Touzoukuou Bakura

Greedy Raider

9,050 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:00 pm
I like gender-bending if it's temporary and doesn't involve people falling in love with the victim characters just because they're another gender. I mostly prefer as comedy though.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:14 pm
Heck No.  

alienli

Friendly Tipper

white pony 16

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:19 pm
NO GENDER-BENDING!! NONONO!!! stressed
IT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF YAOI!!! burning_eyes
Gender-bending is a way for closet-cases who want to read yaoi but want to keep their image sane. They change our beautiful men into women just so they don't feel bad. evil  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:46 pm
I like gender-bending fics, but not MPreg. I just don't like pregnancy fics at all - even in het fics, which I never read, anyway. Maybe it's because I could never understand how people could want to get pregnant...
It can make the plot interesting, and is good for comic purposes. As long as there's no lemon while the character's a girl, then it's fine. I really hate het lemons; they just don't interest me.
I think I like it more when the seme is turned into a girl - they're usually really angry about it, and end up screaming at people. I read this fic, ages ago, where Malik was turned into a girl by Marik, and got really sick of Isis trying to get him to wear girls' clothes, and stuff and ended up at Ryuji's house. It was very good, I'd post it if I wasn't too lazy to find it again. sweatdrop  

Honourable123

Citi-san

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:02 am
Not really, no.
It;s yaoi/ bl/ shounen-ai, it's not supposed to be girl/boy relationships.
If one of them is made into a girl, it takes away the whole point of the pairing.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:04 pm
for me...no. Its just not a thing I like. Its waay too close to mpreg which I really dislike. There are always exceptions but normally its a no. Those types of stories usually involved taking the character's personality and ripping it to shreds and replacing it with some pansy poor excuse for a soul kinda thing. (I'm sorry if thats a little too opinionated ^^;; ) This goes especially for art. Like ever see a character you really like and is just so cute. Then you see a person drew him with big eyes lifting his shirt to show boobs. I mean...;o;...that's just depressing and wrong.

But I never mind something that proves me wrong. People who know what they are writing and are good at it..no problem with them.  

malicer333

Kireshai

Magnetic Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:11 am
No, I do not, because then.... it would be het. and therefore no longer yaoi.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:58 pm
I'm not one for gender-bending, but there was one that was good, but it was a KH one.

A comedy fic involving crossdressing though, I have nothing against. :3  

Orlesian Dandy

Hygienic Rabbit

Ghilani Surana

Hallowed Mystic

25,075 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:49 pm
No. I don't. It's stupid... stare and anyone who has a problem with that can just talk to da hand!! talk2hand  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:18 pm
It would be interesting to see Kaiba as a chic mrgreen He/she would be
so annoying! (and that's interesting)  

Mistress of Skulls

Ghilani Surana

Hallowed Mystic

25,075 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:43 pm
Mistress of Skulls