Welcome to Gaia! ::

Non Importance » contests, anti-inflation, games, hangout [

Back to Guilds

Reply Guild Main » Announcements, Stickies, Rules, etc.
Sealed Letters -- [ April ] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheap Sealeds?
  YA PLZ.
View Results

grayflame4789

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:29 am
i just sell my infinity hat, i bought it like just 21k from the market place and wait to raise the prize then when the prize stop moving from 49-50k i sell it, lol double profit!

try buying evolution items the very first form them evolve it and sell for higher prize, it will take a lot of time though.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:08 pm
ceirwy
I'll guess I'll just have to wait and see what is chosen and how Gaia puts their spin on it. They bored me to be honest, so I'll just play the winner xd

On another note, is anyone playing the marketplace? I used to and now I have capital to do it again, but I have no clue what items are fast moving and profitable at this time. Any suggestions?

evolution items. there are two sets of evolutions that take place consecutively. for an example, hermes moon evolves tomorrow (friday) and the alruna's rose will be shortly after that. basically, you buy low, sell high. when buying an evolution item, buy it at the lowest possible price (whether you wit or not is up to you). In the short term, anything in the markets fluctuate, but in the long term, they will rise in value, so my advice is to buy things when prices go down. they will go up again. the evolution items are similar to the release date of the mc's. prices go highest right before the evolution. so, when hermes' moon evolves tomorrow, sell it if you have one and buy an alruna's rose now. when the rose evolves next week, repeat the cycle and aim for hermes. i really do reccomend the first generations because they are the most stable and fluctuate less when the prices drop but they rise in the same ratios as the other generations. you do not have to use the rose and hermes' but i used it an example to explain to you. this is what entrepreneurs do (investing). real life stock markets are also played this way, but much more complicated. now do you understand?  

Ronzalpha201

ceirwy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:28 pm
@ greyflame: Lol. Yes I've heard the infinity hat does well. But, I'm more of a fast paced market player. I don't like to wait a week with an item sitting in my inventory in order for it to mature. That keeps my money too stagnant and then all sorts of unpredictable factors change.

@ Ronzalpha201: Thank you for the help. I've actually been playing the markets for a very long time but I dropped my last account and gave away all the items I'd achieved by playing the market. Now that I'm back in a new account a year later I was just wondering what was profitable. Though Aluna's Rose and Hermes Moon look like very good investments they are a bit out of my price range at the moment. I've only got about 50k to work with so far. But again, thank you for the update!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:17 pm
yeah it is good to invest on evo items... 3nodding  

calypso reborn

Camera-Ready Star

28,900 Points
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Party Member 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

OakbingNoona

Timid Bunny

4,100 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:53 pm
T-T... i was doing last minute bidding on the marketplace and some idiot just bought the item with brutal money force crying people are so mean and stupid... coulda got it for like 6k but wasted 12k for it.... T-T...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:53 pm

Yeah, that frustrates me as well. I barely ever bid anymore due to that. On my old account, I was only a minute away from purchasing a katana for 30K (this was a year ago) but some brat bought it from under me for triple the price. The memory still hurts.

ceirwy

Ronzalpha201

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:05 pm
well, better than those brats that bid 1g more than you in th last minute and win. i really hate those people.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:51 pm

With the new gaia market regulations sniping isn't possible anymore. At least that one reprieve Ronzalpha.

ceirwy

tkdauronXIII

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:21 am
Ronzalpha201
well, better than those brats that bid 1g more than you in th last minute and win. i really hate those people.

More like the last second. There are bots out there designed to do that...That's reason enough for me to not bid anymore and buy from the lowest prices. I usually haggle though and save some gold by PM-ing the owner and requesting a trade for 2% off (tax off) value. It works for me on high sale items like the MC's. It saves quite a bit of gold and it benefits the owner and the buyer.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:33 pm
yay!hermes evolved this week! and fausto's bottle took its final evolution! and what is this? a new evolving item? enchanted book! yay! need to get one!  

grayflame4789

ceirwy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:42 pm
User Image

Yeah the book sounds promising already. I'll wait a week before I purchase one, but it sounds like a good way to go. It'll probably revolve around fairy tales or something.

Anyone else find the Orindae absolutely hilarious? Like a big frog in a tiny jar. rofl
Even stranger, I kinda like it. I've got a weak spot for reptiles... I wonder what the final evolution will be.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:53 pm
ceirwy
User Image

Yeah the book sounds promising already. I'll wait a week before I purchase one, but it sounds like a good way to go. It'll probably revolve around fairy tales or something.

Anyone else find the Orindae absolutely hilarious? Like a big frog in a tiny jar. rofl
Even stranger, I kinda like it. I've got a weak spot for reptiles... I wonder what the final evolution will be.

the frog!it covers your whole avi! like...like... you know! FROG!?  

grayflame4789

Natalia Pessoa

Wealthy Giver

10,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:00 pm
heart  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:40 pm
.:Darling, if you love me, won't you please smile?:.

I bought two enchanted books. *Is excited*

I actually like the Orindae. I like frogs. xD

.:Darling, I love you, but I just can't smile tonight:.

Questing: Coco Kitty Plushie Next: Solar Cloak Later: Solar Headdress

Keishin Senta

mechromancy

Virtuous Visionary

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:58 pm
oooo I'm going to buy an enchanted book when the price goes down. it should drop to about 30k because it costs 499 gc, same as the drome egg.  
Guild Main » Announcements, Stickies, Rules, etc.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games