Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leviathan Stadium

Back to Guilds

A battle Stadium for literate roleplayers. 

Tags: Literate, Fighting, Battle, Arena, Levi 

Reply OOC Lounge
OOC - NO U Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6273 6274 6275 6276 6277 6278 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vintrict

Omnipresent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:21 am
The last time I tried to emulate painting with digital means was these two pictures:

http://cortheonly.deviantart.com/art/Wen-M-s-Classic-Lolita-59757808

http://cortheonly.deviantart.com/art/Dolly-Dearest-And-Yin-58042280

Everything else has been cell shaded because for some reason, doing painting work is too complex.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:27 am
*falls through the cieling and lands ontop of Kat*  

Cthulhu Wish

Dapper Cultist

Sunstrike

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:30 am
Right, with Photoshop, I can help a bit.

Yes changing sizes is a pain in the a**, a shortcut to change them are the [ and ] keys, this will make your life 50 bazillion times easier when it comes to that.

Second, if you scale down the flow and opacity a bit, the lines become more like paint washes. This is something you gotta fiddle with til you get a consistency you like. OR

If you know you're way around a bit you go to the Brushes menu, then Shape Dynamics, make sure everything is off except Control which should say Pen Pressure.

Then in the same menu do down to Other Dynamics make sure both percentages are at 0% and change BOTH control menu's to Pen Pressure.

Complicated, but you shouldn't have to do it again. That gives a bit of a marker like effect where you build up colours instead of them just slapping down on the canvas.

Lastly is Alt. Alt is your friend. This automatically picks up any colour from anywhere and sets it as your brush colour.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:34 am
>:{  

Kraun
Vice Captain

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:34 am
As far as drawing digitally goes, I pretty much use error correction with my tablet in my lineart program, and fill whatever color in with Photoshop or Painter. Though mostly photoshop. For some reason I can't get Painter to layer things properly, so whenever I transfer the image it's always the lineart with a white background. It won't let me paint underneath it.

Maybe Sunny-bunny halp? o.o  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:35 am
Sunstrike
Right, with Photoshop, I can help a bit.

Yes changing sizes is a pain in the a**, a shortcut to change them are the [ and ] keys, this will make your life 50 bazillion times easier when it comes to that.

Second, if you scale down the flow and opacity a bit, the lines become more like paint washes. This is something you gotta fiddle with til you get a consistency you like. OR

If you know you're way around a bit you go to the Brushes menu, then Shape Dynamics, make sure everything is off except Control which should say Pen Pressure.

Then in the same menu do down to Other Dynamics make sure both percentages are at 0% and change BOTH control menu's to Pen Pressure.

Complicated, but you shouldn't have to do it again. That gives a bit of a marker like effect where you build up colours instead of them just slapping down on the canvas.

Lastly is Alt. Alt is your friend. This automatically picks up any colour from anywhere and sets it as your brush colour.

Yeah, I learned the Alt shortcut a while back. It made things faster.

But that explains it. I didn't have my Pen Pressure settings set. Oooooooh. Okay. ********. Alright, here's the thing: my home computer needs to be rebuilt so I can use the latest software so I usually go up to my campus and use their computers until then. Problem: they have the latest photoshop and all, but they don't even have the drivers installed for tablets. Worst, you can't even install them without admin rights. So now I'm stuck using my tablet like a mouse.  

Vintrict

Omnipresent Poster

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:36 am
Kraun
>:{

<;}  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:39 am
Vin - I understand your pain. But look, any time you get it set up, I'm generally always here. I know Photoshop, at the very least.

Which drags me around full circle to Panda-na's.

Okay, I'm not 100% sure that I've got this right boyo, but take the lines and set up the layers in Photoshop first, and then open the photoshop file, as a photoshop file within Painter. That should sort out the layers. Also, painter files are crap for durability, so always save as a Photoshop file NOT a painter one.  

Sunstrike

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:39 am
Vintrict

But that explains it. I didn't have my Pen Pressure settings set. Oooooooh. Okay. ********. Alright, here's the thing: my home computer needs to be rebuilt so I can use the latest software so I usually go up to my campus and use their computers until then. Problem: they have the latest photoshop and all, but they don't even have the drivers installed for tablets. Worst, you can't even install them without admin rights. So now I'm stuck using my tablet like a mouse.

This is a WACOM, right?

And yeah, that's really a b***h. College computers never seem to get that right, and I honestly blame bad tech support. Back when I was doing digital art, the geniuses couldn't get Flash CS3 and a Wacom tablet to work simultaneously. But Flash is designed to work with tablets too!

Then again, the computers in question WERE Macs. Are these college computers Macs? That'd explain a lot. >>  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:40 am
I need to find something to do...  

Ebag The II

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Kraun
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:41 am
The word PHOTOSHOP was used one too many times in that post.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:41 am
Tenkai Matsumoto
Vintrict

This is a WACOM, right?

And yeah, that's really a b***h. College computers never seem to get that right, and I honestly blame bad tech support. Back when I was doing digital art, the geniuses couldn't get Flash CS3 and a Wacom tablet to work simultaneously. But Flash is designed to work with tablets too!

Then again, the computers in question WERE Macs. Are these college computers Macs? That'd explain a lot. >>

Yep a Wacom. Both Macs and PCs. And here's the kicker: they allow you to rent out tablets in their labs, even though I have my own, but even THEY don't have their drivers installed. Bad, bad, BAD.

*sigh* I'll pretty much have to continue doing cell shading until I get my own computer.  

Vintrict

Omnipresent Poster

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:42 am
Sunstrike
Vin - I understand your pain. But look, any time you get it set up, I'm generally always here. I know Photoshop, at the very least.

Which drags me around full circle to Panda-na's.

Okay, I'm not 100% sure that I've got this right boyo, but take the lines and set up the layers in Photoshop first, and then open the photoshop file, as a photoshop file within Painter. That should sort out the layers. Also, painter files are crap for durability, so always save as a Photoshop file NOT a painter one.

That's a great idea, Sunny. Only problem is...

This is Painter Essentials ><...the free version that comes with the tablet.

For some reason the sodding thing wont open .psd files. Just .rif, .pict, .jpg, .bmp, and .gif.

x_x

Vin: Bad college tech support is bad.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:42 am
I, uh.

I use the line tool, paint bucket, pencil, and eraser on MS Paint.

So, uh... yeah.

Does exactly what I want it to. It's just a matter of managing expectations.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Sunstrike

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:43 am
sweatdrop I know Kraun. I'm sorry. I was thinking and not paying attention to my typing.

Panda: *(^)%)*&%^)* that's probably the problem then, that painter version might not support layers.  
OOC Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6273 6274 6275 6276 6277 6278 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games