Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leviathan Stadium

Back to Guilds

A battle Stadium for literate roleplayers. 

Tags: Literate, Fighting, Battle, Arena, Levi 

Reply OOC Lounge
OOC - NO U Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6381 6382 6383 6384 6385 6386 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uberwulf X
Crew

O.G. Werewolf

11,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:31 pm

someone post the next female getting drawn, and in what groove.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:38 pm
That's two people in a row that, after summoning me, did the completely sensible thing of running into where a dragon breathes fire on a regular basis to get items. Then healing themselves with the items they found, while still getting bathed in fire.

Then dying.

I can honestly say that "die in a fire" has now had a somewhat literal interpretation for me.  

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

Fengrading

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:39 pm
Healing potions are better when you're on fire.

It's kindof a 'grass is greener' thing.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:03 am
So, earlier on I found a Mausoleum Key. And I finally found what it went to.

And, after beating the hell out of an annoyingly hard soldier (setting things on fire helps quite a bit), ran into a statue and some disembodied voice blabbing something about strength.

I guarded his attack and it depleted all my stamina and killed me at the same time. I'm kind of surprised the game didn't delete my save while it was at it.  

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

Kraun
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:07 am
First and second level of Boletaria were pretty easy. The first level of the second world was pretty easy too. I died because I fell off a cliff on a wrong turn, but got my soul back pretty quickly since the armored spider boss seemed like a pushover.

But jeez, Flamelurker is a goddamn b*****d. He's weak against magic, and super strong against melee. So I had to wail on him forever and hide behind pillars healing whenever I failed to block him.

And Dragon God was just a pain in the a**. He must have killed me like, 12 times or something because he kills you in 1 hit no matter what and the entire fight is basically running around a hallway hiding behind pillars, breaking debris in your path, and finding ballistas to shoot him with while he looks around searching for you. But luckily I only lost all of 200 souls since I spent it all beforehand on healing items. I could get it back easily on regular mobs.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:21 am
Jesus.

I still can't get past Boletaria part 2. I either die on those final guards, have some random arrow hit me right as the shield crushes my skull against the titan boss thing, or have idiots for teammates when I have them summon me.

Maybe it's my class. I went with wanderer, so I can dodge out of the way of everything but have crap for weapons and armor.  

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

Show me the CarFox

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:25 am
Wow, that game revolves heavily around ''fire''.

DEATH IN FIRE

*headbangs*  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:31 am
Lololololol, I use wanderer. And the most rolling I've ever done was to run away from Flamelurker's swinging claws. Seems that walking forward with a shield up to bait people into attacking, then backing away, letting them miss, and strong attack while they recover work well enough for me that I dont waste stamina on rolling.

The boss isnt hard once you figure out his moves. But first, run past him and up the stairs to go murder the crossbowmen. Those guys are jerks. Trying to shoot me while I'm trying to duel with the boss.

If he raises his lance to the side, just run towards him and hack at his ankles. The horizontal sweep wont hit you. If he pulls the lance back for a thrust, run in as well, he'll miss you since he has to stab downward. Trying to dodge to the side doesnt work with the thrust since he tracks you, so you have to run forward. Most of the fight I was hugging the back/side of his legs so he wouldnt step on me, and when he rasied his shield, I just backed off and then went back in while he was trying to recover.

Armor spider was easy since right before the fight you actually get a good shield I think, a steel shield, which is big, and can shield bash instead of parry. But you at least dont take physical damage from blocking anymore.

Hack at his two ankles long enough, and he'll fall over, so you can slice his face up and do some real damage, since ankle attacks seem to do like... 7 damage or something retarded like that.  

Kraun
Vice Captain

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:35 am
Yeah. I've got the pattern for the giant whatever boss down - just one thing or another goes wrong either fighting him or getting to him. I think last time I rolled backwards and he still managed to fall on me and kill me. For now I'm just running the earlier area to get healing items and souls to make it easier.

I think I tried one of the other areas, but didn't realize it was black, which makes the game KILL YOU mode.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:38 am
Lol, yes, KILL YOU mode. Because hard game needs to be harder.

I think everytime I finished hacking at his ankles, I kind of just stupidly stood there between his legs and waited for my stamina to recharge while he fell backward, so luckily I never had him land on me yet.

Also, with the falchion, strong attack, slight pause, strong attack; works pretty well. Its got a wide swing, is a strong attack, and has a slight stun, so you can hit someone with two of them before you run away to recharge stamina.

Also, burning through healing items like crazy. Because everything kills you super fast.  

Kraun
Vice Captain

Vintrict

Omnipresent Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:17 am
Ecks X

someone post the next female getting drawn, and in what groove.

What?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:26 am
o.0  

HonoRaven

Wicked Healer

18,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Hogosha No Juunikyuu

Friendly Dabbler

9,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:54 am
I concur Hono-sama~!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:56 am
I third the motion.  

Eternal Dirge

Dapper Prophet

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:10 am
I see your motion and raise you a point of contention.  
OOC Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6381 6382 6383 6384 6385 6386 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games