Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leviathan Stadium

Back to Guilds

A battle Stadium for literate roleplayers. 

Tags: Literate, Fighting, Battle, Arena, Levi 

Reply OOC Lounge
OOC - NO U Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6385 6386 6387 6388 6389 6390 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:43 pm
Ahh, Shura/Rasetsu. Throwbacks to Samurai Showdown/Spirits are win for me. :3  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:46 pm
Tenkai Matsumoto
Ahh, Shura/Rasetsu. Throwbacks to Samurai Showdown/Spirits are win for me. :3

you may be interested to know that miranda plays like kazuki, then.

Uberwulf X
Crew

O.G. Werewolf

11,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Team Edward 100

Show me the CarFox

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:49 pm
Anything Samurai Showdown is win.

Where do you think Ultras came from?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:53 pm

killer instinct predated samurai shodown 4 by quite a bit.

Uberwulf X
Crew

O.G. Werewolf

11,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Team Edward 100

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:55 pm
You mean Fem-Laz? o.O

Also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA9FmpXgHtY

Relevant.

It's funny, because part of my inspiration for Tenkai's outfit comes from Yoshitora Tokugawa.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:57 pm
Ecks X

sins> i was trying to find another explanation, but after 2 minutes, decided to nod at you since i can't put it any better than that. just know that heaven and hell aren't neccessarily good and evil.

XD lol, I'm sure there's a much more proper way to put it, but I get how you're making the designations.

Sins of an Angel

Chatty Gekko

Uberwulf X
Crew

O.G. Werewolf

11,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:00 pm

tenkai> ah, i meant... valerie plays like kazuki, not miranda. miranda plays like talbain.

sins> ayup.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:02 pm
I don't think I'd be able to narrow down how Tenkai plays as. I'd say Mitsurugi but that'd 3D fighting games. I guess you'd have to give me a specific 2D fighting game in order for me to figure out what character he fights like.

Though he definately doesnt fight like Yoshitora. I honestly thought about it once, and I dunno if it'd be very practical to try and play a character who uses seven swords that way.  

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

Uberwulf X
Crew

O.G. Werewolf

11,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:12 pm

let's go with haohmaru and yoshitora. yoshitora might be more playable an rp char if you had a skill that dictated that just because you're switching swords, you're not going to get cut by someone going for the obvious "you're defenseless while switching" thing. dual-wielding and switching one at a time might be the way to go, though i don't know of many chars who can dual-wield daito.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:15 pm

also, i'll have your post tomorrow. i'm working on and uploading music right now.

Uberwulf X
Crew

O.G. Werewolf

11,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Team Edward 100

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:30 pm
Take your time.

Anyhow, Yoshitora is more like the kind that uses iaijutsu with those seven swords of his. If someone were to play him practically in roleplay, it'd probably be by dual wielding two smaller swords at a time or two-handing one of the two longer swords with a tsuba. As for sword switching, he'd just need enough room and a free hand to do it, which can be used to various measures in a fight. Fast-sheathing would be a good power as long as you don't try something stupid like sheath one and draw another while someone is about to swing.

Haohmaru does work to some degree. Though if I were to name all of the sword-based characters in 2D fighting games that I thought about when designing him, I'd say Haohmaru, Yoshitora, Bishamon and Donovan (because of the beads).  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:34 pm
Kraun
Lol, finally?

Were you playing online with a bunch of stupid people?

Meatshields.

I needed to get back to Living, and as long as I was a Phantom in someone else's world I wouldn't lose my stuff if I died. I actually ended up summoning two pretty decent fighter types, who got disconnected right after the battle started.

Long story short I used the same strategy I always did, but there were no shenanigans this time.  

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

ShineErection

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:45 pm

.: What are The Borderlands? :.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:48 pm
... and of course I get torched by those flame-throwing weirdos.  

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

Kraun
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:55 pm
I dont know, I kinda like being in soul form. But thats because I use the cling ring and thief ring, so I have about 70% life instead of 50%, and my sneakyness is real good. Just sneaking around backstabbing people when I have the chance.

Health isnt too much of an issue for me. I go through healing items like crazy though to make sure I dont die, but I just dont plan on getting hit that much while I'm hiding behind a shield backpeddling and waiting for people to miss an attack for me to counter.  
OOC Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6385 6386 6387 6388 6389 6390 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games