Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leviathan Stadium

Back to Guilds

A battle Stadium for literate roleplayers. 

Tags: Literate, Fighting, Battle, Arena, Levi 

Reply OOC Lounge
OOC - NO U Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6562 6563 6564 6565 6566 6567 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Jackson Beaumont

5,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:24 pm
Actually, my mom used to microwave it, but it never tasted good, so I assumed that it was not a good thing to do.

She doin' it wrong?

Anyway... baked bacon. Interesting.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:24 pm
The Darth Vizzle
Nighthunter

All bacon is microwavable.

This.

It's entirely possible to microwave normal bacon.

Or bake it.

Or hell, grill it (doing that this weekend with the George Foreman, I think).

*takes notes because he has a George Foreman grill*  

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:27 pm
Let me have my moment, JB.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:27 pm
I've been wanting to throw bacon on the Foreman grill for a long time, but never do.

I think I might wrap some turkey patties in it and throw 'em on there or something.

Also, yeah. You can bake bacon. Google it.  

The Thunder Tyrant

Enness Vakar

Man-Hungry Datemate

8,100 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:28 pm
Apparently so JB.

She might be doing something wrong. If it's cooked right it should taste fine, but not as good as fry/grill.

I pretty much always Foremanate my bacon. It makes quite tasty bacon. Takes about 7, 8 minutes with the bacon here.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:28 pm
Griff Morivan
Actually, my mom used to microwave it, but it never tasted good, so I assumed that it was not a good thing to do.

She doin' it wrong?

Anyway... baked bacon. Interesting.

Probably. There's a very thin line between bacon and bacon flavoured cardboard using this method. Ironically my sister preferred it retarded crispy and was the pickier eater so I got a lot of bacon flavoured cardboard as a kid.  

Joseph Brown
Crew

The Thunder Tyrant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:31 pm
I also want to try and make eggs with the Foreman.

Like, take some texas toast, lay it around to keep the eggs in, then throw in the bacon and some bread on top, then grill it.

Make all your breakfast in one go. The only problem is the grill grooves would leak egg unless you heated it first so the eggs would cook up fast.

..I'll need to test these ideas soon.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:33 pm
The bacon I cook at work I bake, because I do several large baking sheets of them with like, 50 slices a sheet. Takes too much time to cook that amount of bacon in a pan.  

Kraun
Vice Captain

Joseph Brown
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:35 pm
The Darth Vizzle

Like, take some texas toast, lay it around to keep the eggs in, then throw in the bacon and some bread on top, then grill it.

Make all your breakfast in one go. The only problem is the grill grooves would leak egg unless you heated it first so the eggs would cook up fast.

As ******** up as this sounds, a waffle iron can work decently for this (and grilled cheese), as you can usually line up the "cut off" grooves to seal the bread. You just have to deal with a waffely sandwich.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:36 pm
Guhck.

I should post with Kael.

Maybe Nikolai, maybe wait on him. Heck, I could probably do a brief one as Andell. But my brain is trying to turn off and I can't seem to find anything to convince me not to go take a nap. By which I mean "fall asleep and wake up too early because my body is confused by this concept of 8 hour sleep cycles".

So hard to be productive.

And I have no bacon.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

The Thunder Tyrant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:42 pm
Joseph Brown
The Darth Vizzle

As ******** up as this sounds, a waffle iron can work decently for this (and grilled cheese), as you can usually line up the "cut off" grooves to seal the bread. You just have to deal with a waffely sandwich.

The main problem is that the Foreman I have is at a slight incline. So if I put egg on it without sealing the grooves on the grill, the egg would just run under the bread and drip out.

Then again, you're supposed to preheat the Foreman anyways.. so it should just cook on contact.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:45 pm
The Darth Vizzle
The main problem is that the Foreman I have is at a slight incline. So if I put egg on it without sealing the grooves on the grill, the egg would just run under the bread and drip out.

Then again, you're supposed to preheat the Foreman anyways.. so it should just cook on contact.

Put a book/magazine under the "front legs" of the Foreman to kill the incline?  

Joseph Brown
Crew

The Thunder Tyrant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:46 pm
Maybe. But if the Foreman is pre-heated, it'll be hot enough to cook the egg on contact, so it might not be needed.

I'll see this weekend.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:13 pm
*Opens a can of TacBac.*  

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:29 pm
*chews on the corner of the thread*  
OOC Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6562 6563 6564 6565 6566 6567 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games