Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leviathan Stadium

Back to Guilds

A battle Stadium for literate roleplayers. 

Tags: Literate, Fighting, Battle, Arena, Levi 

Reply OOC Lounge
OOC - NO U Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6573 6574 6575 6576 6577 6578 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:32 pm
Vintrict
Uh...Tenkai? I think you---

*bites his head off*

I'm the one talking here. :/  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:37 pm

stop sticking up for chen.

Uberwulf X
Crew

O.G. Werewolf

11,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Team Edward 100

Joseph Brown
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:40 pm
Vahn Fah
Noah calls his lawyer.

Footage of Chen assaulting security is captured on tape.

Chen is reamed by his time traveling would-be God of a superior back at the GPD.

Noah files a lawsuit against both the department and Chen.

GPD loses the legal battle, and Noah uses his high-end political support to cause the big wigs at the GPD to getshitright.

Chen loses his job, and is sentenced to serve time for the assault.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:45 pm
Huh? I was being serious. After Chen gets caught punching some guy in the mouth for un-coply reasons he should be demoted and forced to babysit the COPS camera crew and drive them around.  

Fengrading

Vintrict

Omnipresent Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:48 pm
Technically, cop rules in the world of Gaia are a little more lenient since you got supernatural gods running around. So, in all honesty, Chen's tactics aren't going against much. If you seen GURPS, you would see that multiverse police do things a lot more Judge Dreddy.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:49 pm
So Joe Gaian gets no rights because his neighbor can lift mountains and shoot lasers from his eyes?  

Fengrading

Joseph Brown
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:51 pm
Vintrict
Technically, cop rules in the world of Gaia are a little more lenient since you got supernatural gods running around. So, in all honesty, Chen's tactics aren't going against much. If you seen GURPS, you would see that multiverse police do things a lot more Judge Dreddy.

Yeah, but Gaia is also pretty much to the point where supernatural s**t is mundane, so they would still need someone to roll with the Gaia COPS crew. Because... Well, supernatural badass new gods in wifebeaters. That and black dudes, you know Reiko's got hassled by the man.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:52 pm
Well, actually, those without powers would have more rights than those who do. For obvious reasons.

I never got a chance to do a little more research to see just how politics work in a Gaian-like world.  

Vintrict

Omnipresent Poster

Vintrict

Omnipresent Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:54 pm
Joseph Brown
Yeah, but Gaia is also pretty much to the point where supernatural s**t is mundane, so they would still need someone to roll with the Gaia COPS crew. Because... Well, supernatural badass new gods in wifebeaters. That and black dudes, you know Reiko's got hassled by the man.

lol a Sephiroth in a wife beater.

User Image  
Wait. They get more rights? How is that fair?

THAT'S RACIST.  

Fengrading

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

Chaplain Fenix
Huh? I was being serious. After Chen gets caught punching some guy in the mouth for un-coply reasons he should be demoted and forced to babysit the COPS camera crew and drive them around.

What Chen just said.

Come on, Fen. >> I know you're applying real-world cop stuff to this because it'd make whatever Chen's doing boring so that we can all get some sort of deadpan lulz off of it...but that's boring.

To be honest, what'd happen to Chen would be more of those 80's cop movies exchanges.

"McLanahan! In my office, NOW!"

"What is it, Murtaugh?"

"That's Commissioner Murtaugh to you, now, you hot-shot son-of-a-b***h! I got my eye on you, kid! Your antics just put three of our boys in the hospital! One more stunt like that and I'll have your badge!"

"Well, excuse me for being out of line, but if it wasn't for my "hot shot" stunts, those boys of yours would be in the morgue instead!"

"...You're walking a THIN LINE, McCLanahan!"

"I'm the only one walking the line."

*80's music*

And other cheesy stuff like that. Just take a look at that South Park episode.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:58 pm
As I said, I don't really know how it would work. Politics is already a controversial subject to begin with. Throw it into a fantasy world, and well things gets more complicated. Though really, to manipulate someone in higher power, you can easily use some mind control spell, which simulates real world happenings of influence and out-of-public happenings. At the same time, the higher up may have defenses against such things.

My brain! It hurts!  

Vintrict

Omnipresent Poster

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:00 pm
Vintrict
As I said, I don't really know how it would work. Politics is already a controversial subject to begin with. Throw it into a fantasy world, and well things gets more complicated. Though really, to manipulate someone in higher power, you can easily use some mind control spell, which simulates real world happenings of influence and out-of-public happenings. At the same time, the higher up may have defenses against such things.

My brain! It hurts!

You're thinking of law, not politics, Vin.

But both are equally confusing and equally boring in a fantasy RP setting in certain degrees.

Unless the RPers are...like...writers for Law and Order.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:03 pm
Well, I'm not saying he can't run up and kick someone in the back of the head. It's totally unjust and would be illegal if there were laws on Gaia. But that just makes Chen a bad cop for doing it, which seems to be the case if he's eventually going to get thrown out and become a vigilante.

And yeah, it is complicated. It's easy to argue the hypocrisy of being allowed to beat the ******** out of regular people with no justification because "there are near-gods walking around." That's like a cop running over an old woman because she was in the crosswalk when he sometimes has to arrest Olympic athletes. It makes no sense and totally screws the little guy.

I'm making a lawyer character. With superhuman LITIGATION.

Ed'll have to dig up those Civil War panels about mutant rights.  

Fengrading

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:20 pm
But really, its not like there's a -right- way to do anything here.

If he shouted "stop, police!" there'd be no reason for it, and it'd just feel weak.

By attacking his guards he's pretty much catching Noah's attention for whatever he's trying to learn from him. Because yeah...if we applied the whole "unjust and illegal" thing to beating up guards, Jackie Chan wouldn't be able to make movies, and Lei Wulong would be fired.

If you're not into that kind of thing, you're probably going to just be all "he should get fired lolololol" for it. But considering that Chen's tactics really do suit more of a PI than a cop on a police force, I guess it's supposed to happen. So, in that way, he's not even doinitwrong like everyone wishes he was.

It isn't like Chen really -did- screw over the little guy, either. He's attacking Noah's guards, and considering the crap that transpired in the tournament he's probably convinced that Noah isn't so innocent as he appears.  
OOC Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6573 6574 6575 6576 6577 6578 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games