Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leviathan Stadium

Back to Guilds

A battle Stadium for literate roleplayers. 

Tags: Literate, Fighting, Battle, Arena, Levi 

Reply OOC Lounge
OOC - NO U Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6591 6592 6593 6594 6595 6596 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fengrading

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:10 pm
Pants.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:15 pm
Gaia's selection of items has always been kinda eeehhhh in some categories. Like casual clothing or s**t that actually meshes together.

But I like what I've put together for this avatar a lot.  

The Thunder Tyrant

Sunstrike

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:18 pm
I think, that the only way you can get some items, is by questing...

I'm gonna need a lot of questing to get Pale Marionette.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:22 pm
To be honest, the only way I got the Nightmare and this jacket was because Sky was AWSUM enough to give them to me as birthday presents.

I could have bought them at one point, if I hadn't given pretty much all my gold to HoH (twice).

Most awesome items do require questing, now, because they're either from RIGs (which I HATE) or they're EIs (which I also hate, albeit somewhat less).  

The Thunder Tyrant

Sunstrike

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:31 pm
Because RIGs are exactly that, and at least with EI's you know you'll get all the evolves eventually when their done milking the ******** thing dry.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:35 pm
RIGs are the best money sink Gaia has made, from a business standpoint.

From the standpoint of a user and consumer, I hate them with the burning passion of a thousand suns.

The Ice Queen one had TONs of items I wanted, and they're all expensive as hell.  

The Thunder Tyrant

themightyjello

Dapper Elocutionist

5,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:40 pm
Effing games.

I can't just -buy- an item, no. I have to buy CHANCES TO EARN AN ITEM.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:41 pm
It's even worse on DFO.

You need to spend real money to get tokens that give you a chance at getting an item you want, with other items being rarer than others, and that's simply if you want to change your APPEARANCE, let alone have an appearance item that looks good. At least Gaia gives you plenty to make you look decent without needing to spend cash.

Then the people who get them sell them for enormous amounts of gold that I can't even possibly begin to imagine farming unless there's some gold bonus for doing things with a group.

Not to mention, in order to sell -anything-, you need to pay them a small fee MONTHLY for a trade pass. They didn't even do that in RO!

I know it's because it's a free game and all, but geeze louise...If that kind of trend started in Korea...  

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

Kraun
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:55 pm
You could always like... buy s**t cheap on the marketplace then sell it back when the price goes up. Because I randomly collect stuff sometimes, and damn, suddenly they're worth a lot.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:55 pm
All "free" MMOs do s**t like that. They have to make money somehow.  

Enness Vakar

Man-Hungry Datemate

8,100 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Sausage Fest 200

HonoRaven

Wicked Healer

18,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:08 pm
where does the Pale Marionette come from, like what crap chance item? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:09 pm
Nighthunter
All "free" MMOs do s**t like that. They have to make money somehow.

Well, you get what you pay for. I just wish that they did it like the Gaia cash shop, where you could use the cash you buy to actually select individual pieces of avatar gear, and let the randomizer just randomize the stats and bonuses. At least then people could DRESS for their money's worth.

What also grinds my gears is that since it's a random system, they have to knock old gear off the radar to make room for new gear so that it the chances for each piece are even. It's just like how in RIGs, once they're all used up and not purchasable anymore, there's no way to make any more of those rare or exclusive items, and you're stuck with whatever finite amount exists on Gaia.

That's why those ninja headbands are so fleebin' expensive. But I'm pretty sure everyone here knows about supply and demand. ._.  

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

Enness Vakar

Man-Hungry Datemate

8,100 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:21 pm
True enough. There are some I've tried that you can pretty much see and select the piece you want by looks. Perfect World I believe being the best example.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:06 pm
Wait wait, Ragnarok Online is free now? When did this happen?  

superpsyco77

6,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100

Damnatus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:30 pm
HURRR POST.  
OOC Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6591 6592 6593 6594 6595 6596 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games