Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leviathan Stadium

Back to Guilds

A battle Stadium for literate roleplayers. 

Tags: Literate, Fighting, Battle, Arena, Levi 

Reply OOC Lounge
OOC - NO U Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6631 6632 6633 6634 6635 6636 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

themightyjello

Dapper Elocutionist

5,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:11 pm
Chaplain Fenix
Oni was ******** amazing. I remember picking it up second hand in middle school and being blown the ******** away.

Oh, of course it was. But it was amazing for the gameplay system.

The level designs and storyline were absolute s**t.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:12 pm
I never got a chance to play Oni. I should have, I heard it was good.

Also...

FPS games???  

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

Sohisohi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:13 pm
On another note (L4D haters), what is your favorite paradox (AKA, the ironic kind)?

Mine is when people come up to me and say, "Anything is possible."  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:14 pm
Yeah, I didn't pay attention to the story. Blah blah animu faggotry talking little girl dolls.

Sneaking up and snapping some guy's spine when he's not looking, cartwheeling over his gun, picking it up, and shooting all of his friends in the face was all the story I needed.

"There's guys in this warehouse. Their spines are all unbroken.

Mission start,"  

Fengrading

themightyjello

Dapper Elocutionist

5,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:15 pm
Oh, you know what was another awesomely bad TPS?

Giants: Citizen Kabuto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sh_VuxYqBY  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:18 pm
superpsyco77
Common sense and ethics are simply mathematical logic given a slightly new form and used more commonly on a day to day basis. Common sense is the practical application of logic, though not in the sense that one runs their day off what conclusion whatever proof they had written gives them, but in that there should be an obvious flow to the reasoning one has to do what one does. I.E.

1. I am hungry, ergo
2. I find food
3. The food is raw and thus unfit for eating, thus I
4. Cook it

Ethics is a bit different than this, thought that is a wholly different discussion for another time and it has no place in this conversation.

As far as you example goes, the logic would be true if there wasn't the underlying factor of mental illness. While it is true that the dead require no food, this man is not dead. He may perceive himself to be dead, but he is not. As much as he may think he is dead his belief in such is not enough to impose upon him the physical condition of death. Understandably if left alone he may simply not eat and eventually starve, but he was not dead when he first began to assume he was dead(at the onset of his illness.) In short, he may have had solid logic but the information he used was clearly false to lead to his justification, thus his argument was valid but his information was false thus making his argument unsound.

Edit: And I shall be right back. Packing up my things and heading to a friends house. I shall respond to any questions you may have Lu when I return. 3nodding

So, you're actually making a difference between madness/unreason and mental illness (and the definition of this is just as negotiable as ethics and like you said, would totally burst the frame of this discussion)?

As in, if somebody is mentally ill, he or she is automatically excluded from reason/logos...even if the only way of oral communication would be the tool of logos, namely, language?  

Lucind Varhetel

Darshendros the Eternal

Malevolent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:18 pm
Tenkai Matsumoto
I never got a chance to play Oni. I should have, I heard it was good.

Also...

FPS games???
What. The ********.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:20 pm
Lol, I remember citizen kabuto.  

Kraun
Vice Captain

themightyjello

Dapper Elocutionist

5,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:21 pm
I remember it had a base-building faction multiplayer system too.

Which is just weird.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:22 pm
I remember that game, too. I had no idea it was a shooter.  

Silver Alexander

Anxious Seeker

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:24 pm
themightyjello
I remember it had a base-building faction multiplayer system too.

Which is just weird.

Doesn't Brutal Legend have that too?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:26 pm
You know what's a good game?

Colony Wars.  

Fengrading

Sohisohi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:32 pm
No, a really good game would be total war or age or empires.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:36 pm
Well, this discussion was fun while it lasted.  

Fengrading

superpsyco77

6,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:37 pm
Not so Lu. I'm saying that Mental illness is one of many factors that could remove someone from thinking clearly. Someone could still be mentally ill and think logically, but in the case provided no. For example I had a man with Mild Autism in my Introduction to reasoning class back in my Freshman year, and he did fine.

And yes, there is a difference between mental illness and madness though at times the two can overlap. Does that make sense?  
OOC Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6631 6632 6633 6634 6635 6636 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games