Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Lolita Society.

Back to Guilds

Tags: gothic lolita, japanese fashion, lolita 

Reply The Lolita Society.
Our Lolita Album! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 98 99 100 101 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

amylee2211

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:23 am
I just hoped that the fact that I've mentioned that I was just "fooling around" would stand for the statement after-realizing-the-thing-I-can-to-with-the-hat-I-just-threw-on-a-loli-outfit-and-took-a-few-instant-photoshots, now I know I should've stated it before and I shoud've done the same with the fact that I know that the blouse is rather see-through sweatdrop But since I didn't really get out from the house, I didn't have the patience to get another shirt underneath it... well yes... I should definately get used to posting in this guild without ANY rush (though that's a tiny wee hard at 11.00 pm, while my mother is telling me to go to sleep from five to five minutes gonk xd )
But I'm affraid I will not be able to sew the hat into this shape, since it's my mother's *sigh* she only said that i'm allowed to wear it this way, when it cannot be found on her head sweatdrop Though, I hope I will be able to buy another one, this summer, from the same shop my mother got it from and make the alterations on that one.
And last, about the skirt: thank you for the tip; I was wondering how to solve that little problem (I have thought of this method before, too, but the last time I tried to do that, it just made the skirt I was practicing my sewing skills on fit in the waist but totally non-poofable) But I shall take your advice, and try taking in a bit anyway smile . It will also need some additional alteration: it has a really UGLY thick shoelace kind of string sewn into the waistband hanging out from the upper middle front of the skirt (where I kept my hands in all of the pictures; I think it's actually visible in the second one sweatdrop ) which has to be removed!!! But I just don't know what to do with the two holes in the front, that the string goes in to and comes out from sad Any ideas for solving that? I thought of sewing buttons there, or perhaps some little bow... but I'm not sure that's the best way...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:15 pm
yeah i'm lame, i have no lolita clothes yet, i LOVE lolita styles though, and i'm planning to buy some when i can afford them (i can't sew well XD)  

Pit1303

celticfreefall

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:49 am
amylee2211
It will also need some additional alteration: it has a really UGLY thick shoelace kind of string sewn into the waistband hanging out from the upper middle front of the skirt (where I kept my hands in all of the pictures; I think it's actually visible in the second one sweatdrop ) which has to be removed!!! But I just don't know what to do with the two holes in the front, that the string goes in to and comes out from sad Any ideas for solving that? I thought of sewing buttons there, or perhaps some little bow... but I'm not sure that's the best way...

I think that a bow would be a good idea. You could use the excess fabric to make the bow, and maybe some accent bows for the hem as decoration? I guess it would depend on how much fabric you have to work with. A button may look out of place, unless you use buttons to decorate elsewhere on the skirt, which could look cute. Other than that you could use a contrast fabric to make a bow or edge the hem in, and then use it to make a ruffled hem or otherwise. There's a lot of different ways you could cover it up!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:05 am
@amylee2211
This outfit is fantastic! All the clothes are very lovely.

Perfect shoes smile They look a lovely soft colour smile

If you were worried about the skirt, you could try folding the waistband in on itself and wearing it like that. No modifications required so you can see the look and wear it different ways too smile

The blouse is beautiful! My blouses are a bit see-through too. Usually I just don't care (scandalous, hehe). But when it is cooler, I wear a singlet underneath. Or if it really bothered me enough to do something about it, I'd go out and buy a flesh coloured bra. I've heard that's the way to avoid people seeing your underwear with this type of fabric.

Your hat idea is fantastic! I really like this, because it is a more sensible kind of bonnet smile It protects your neck a bit too! I suggest using a really wide ribbon on top of the other one, to make a feature bow smile This could be in a colour of your outfit if you wanted smile I don't think you need to modify the hat at all if you don't want to.

Your parasol is fabulous too smile

Your whole outfit looks beautiful and classic. Well done smile Keep it up smile

heart  

Seamstress

maeanalda
Vice Captain

Distinct Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:14 pm
User Image

Outfit Rundown:
Parasol: Meta
Headbow:
Blouse: BTSSB
JSK: BTSSB Alice and the Pirates
Petticoat: ITS Princess petti
Bag: BTSSB Bear dressed as a bunny bag.
Socks: Alice and the Pirates
Shoes: Montreal.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:35 pm
Man, I have been wanting that JSK like crazy! I keep seeing it selling on mbok and Y!JA, but I am so broke. It looks so cute on you, too! Makes me even more envious. haha ;D

spuntino
Crew

-Lolita_Kana-
Captain

Partying Genius

12,615 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:10 pm
I love the way the outfit looks on you Mae! You need to borrow more things from my closet, in fact I want to make you a replica of this dress so we would have similiar JSks!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:29 pm
Aww, everyone's looking so gorgeous! I kinda envy everyone their dresses, haha XD

This is some pictures from my weekend with my friend Sascha. She's such an amazing photographer Ö

User Image

User Image User Image

And for the lulz (it's from the summertime);
User Image  

Black-Angel-Riku

spuntino
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:08 pm
Your outfits are so cute! And you look super familiar, but I seriously cannot place you in terms of where I saw you before...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:38 am
Aw, thank you! heart
Well, Sascha (also known as Zarsu on the internet) has posted some of the pictures on her dA profile and her LJ. And then I posted some of the pictures on my own dA account too! I'm ApfelAstrid on dA, if it says something to you razz

spuntino
Your outfits are so cute! And you look super familiar, but I seriously cannot place you in terms of where I saw you before...

Black-Angel-Riku

Peach-Girl Amu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:13 am
User Image
♪♫ Harajuku power ♪♫
♥♥♥

aww you're all so pretty

♥♥♥
o(≧∀≦)o
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:00 pm
I don't normally do the whole cosplay thing, but a friend convinced me that I'd make a good I-no. He was right, I think! After I helped out with the Gothic and Lolita fashion panel at Anime St. Louis this weekend, I changed into my costume. I'll have more photos of the lolita aspects tomorrow, I'm waiting to hear back from some people!

My outfit is a bit inaccurate to the game [boots don't match the rest of the outfit, mole was on the wrong side to cover a zit, hat is the wrong proportions and missing some hardware, the hardware itself is too small, and I wore a bikini to cover the naughty bits unlike her costume in the game]. I really want to remake it [especially that super-floppy hat] now that I know how to sew PVC and have sussed out a pattern for the outfit, but ... that can wait. Anyway: Photos!

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

spuntino
Crew

Crystal Orchid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:59 am
spuntino - Woah! XD I geuss I never really thought that one day, you might cosplay. But how was handling all that PVC? I've not worked with that material before so it still remains a mystery to me. I wonder how those boots felt after walking in them for so long...

But great job!! I don't know who the original character is, but it came out fabulous. : D

And, I suppose I'm a bit late on saying this, but Black-Angel-Riku, but your outfits are so adorable! I hope I can put together something nice like those later on.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:02 am
Me neither. I'm really not big on cosplay, but I like this character a lot. I'm already looking for a better red PVC to remake the costume.

The PVC wasn't bad, actually. I was surprised. I had some fitting issues, but that was mostly a matter of inexperience in sewing in general, rather than inexperience with PVC. Once I sorted out how to make it sew, I was good to go. I'd read that it tends to stick to the foot when sewn and that putting wax paper, tissue paper, or chapstick in between the material and the foot helps. I used tracing paper as my "grab" for the material and it sewed just fine! The biggest problem I had was in actually piecing it together [I had to use tape, since PVC doesn't heal pin holes the way regular fabric does] and in keeping the machine threaded because the thread kept coming off of the tensioner arm. I got it done, though, and it looked pretty good, I think!

Shockingly enough, the boots weren't that hard to walk in. I thought they would be after trying them on, but they were easier than even some of the shoes I wear with lolita [which is shocking, since those suckers are pretty comfy]. Sitting down proved more of a challenge than walking to be honest, as my legs from the knees down would fall asleep if I sat still too long. The boots kind of cut off circulation when I sat, since my thighs weren't flexed. XD;;

The original character, I-no, has a lot of incarnations since she's in multiple games in the series. I mostly looked at statuettes for my particular costume. If I do it again, I'll definitely be using a better black PVC. The kind I used was for furnishings/upholstery and didn't have much give compared to the red material. It made top stitching a real pain in the neck.

spuntino
Crew

The Lolita Society.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 98 99 100 101 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games