Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leviathan Stadium

Back to Guilds

A battle Stadium for literate roleplayers. 

Tags: Literate, Fighting, Battle, Arena, Levi 

Reply OOC Lounge
OOC - NO U Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6706 6707 6708 6709 6710 6711 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:38 pm
I work for Sony.

It doesn't mean that I'm loyal to them, I can say whatever I wa

Sony is a wonderful company and I am happy to be working for them. The issues you're having with your Playstation 3 can be resolved by contacting us at 1-800-345-SONY.

Thank you and have a pleasant day.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:39 pm
rofl  

Unfaithful Bliss

Lord Jackson Beaumont

5,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:41 pm
Chaplain Fenix
Interestingly enough, my receipt to prove I bought my PS3 ******** melted, or something. I put it in my box of important s**t not to lose, and the ink faded almost completely.
Retail Protip : Always photocopy important receipts. Retailers paper AND ink suck taint.

Rage - ...Is there somewhere in GA that Sony might be hiring?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:46 pm
Man, Sony is a ******** joke. To explain what's wrong on their online support thing, you only get 255 characters to adequately describe all the problems. If you don't explain well enough they delay your service.

Oh, and they don't allow 'special characters' like apostrophes.

Plus it's a 150$ to repair. I should just buy a new one.  

Fengrading

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:47 pm
The weird thing is that 1-800-345-SONY is really the Playstation number. As for where I work, it's just Sony Style. Hell, it's in Backstage, which is the tech desk in Sony Style, which is a retail store.

So I'm pretty far removed from the collective, as it were. That being said, if you're looking for a job, try sonyjobs.com. I know how "this is a hoax" that sounds, but that's actually the website.

As for Playstation group, they're pretty much the red-headed stepchild of the family. Nobody likes to talk to them. But it's not like Sony communicates much internally anyways - if you see a Sony product in a Sony movie, it's probably at least a year behind the current product line. I get that movies are filmed way in advance, but you'd think they'd make some prototype specifically for the movie, then go ahead and release it when the movie's out for MAXXX PROFIT$.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:51 pm
Oh no. They replaced it. Both times. I went down to Gamecrazy, and ******** raised hell.

And they contacted Sony for me, and sent me a box for shipping. Shipped that b***h off, and they fixed it. Had it for little under a week or two after, melted again.

So I went and bought a new one. Hasn't done it since.  

Unfaithful Bliss

Lord Jackson Beaumont

5,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:55 pm
>sonyjobs.com
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:56 pm
Game Crazy is basically going out of business. Chapter 11 notice came to me in the mail a few weeks ago.

Now all I have is Gamestop. So I said ******** them and bought my s**t from Play N Trade.  

Ryugi Kazamaru

Eloquent Conversationalist

Theory-Of-Xerosis

Wheezing Genius

If I had my way, I'd have all of them shot! D<  
Man. I can't believe I basically have to twitter my technical problems. I should type the report in netspeak to see what they do.  

Fengrading

The Thunder Tyrant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:00 pm
******** dammit I love Pokemon.

Also, my 360 ******** up. Sent in for repair. Saw the 100 dollar repair bill.

Got a refund, about to take ME2 back tomorrow and get a refund on it, too, so I can just save my money for important s**t.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:02 pm
ME2 is awesome!

But my damn dog knocked over my xbox whilst playing, scratched the whole second disk really nicely. Now I can't play till I get it repaird. D=  

Theory-Of-Xerosis

Wheezing Genius

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:04 pm
Ryugi: GameCrazy is just about as done as Hollywood Video is, when you get right down to it. The one right by where I live shut down, but they shipped out anything even remotely good before they started putting up the sale signs.

Also. I had no idea Play N' Trade still existed. The only one around here closed up shop months ago.

Fen: Just link something from Cog's photobucket album.

Also, on a related note, I've noticed the newer a console is the more likely it's going to fail. My Sega Genesis still works, and it has a cotton ball in it (to repair the Reset button), not to mention it's covered in stickers I put on it when I was 7.

Also I once put a bag of ice on it for some reason.

And a 32x. God, what was I thinking.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:07 pm
So I take out the disc and blow on it a couple times, then try again.

It still doesn't work.

I'm calling shenanigans.  

Fengrading

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:08 pm
Oh my. It seems people are having the problem I had too. ._.

One day my blu-ray reader on my PS3 just decided to die. It was out of warra-....err...well actually, I think everyone knows that story already. Needless to say, I WAS going to turn it in for repairs, but Christmas was close and I wasn't about to give the machine away on the offchance that...

a. Sony might not fix it because of some unseen consequence, like trying to open the machine up (It was out of warranty, so sue me. I was paying THEM.)

b. If they can fix it it might not be fixed in time.

c. If they fix it it'd just break again, like it did for KBDG.

I honestly figure it had something to do with it being a 40gig model and something in the new firmware just not working right for the older models that just causes them to crap out. Thus, if they repair it with a new, working blu-ray drive of that same model type, it'd probably break again.

These people aren't thinking.

Anyhow, we ended up getting the cheap 120 gig slim. Typically, whenever I've seen "slim" versions released, it basically means they perfected the technology such so that it doesn't need to be bulky as hell and probably won't break so easily because of the newer technology. So I'm going to try and be confident, although I believe I saved the receipt in the box.

Sure hope no one threw it out ._.

It's funny, since I remember like...a week or so before it happened, the guy at Gamestop was going on and on about how Sony's equipment is so durable. Probably because he was trying to get me in a deal to buy a used controller and a Edge card rather than a brand new one (Which I eventually didn't need in the end because I ended up buying a new Ps3, so now I have 3 controllers).

I told him about that next time I saw him and he said some bullshit about how all blu-ray drives die eventually, and that if you play too many movies on it that'd happen...I thought I heard him say 20 movies, too. Which is absolute bullshit. A machine shouldn't break after playing 20 anything. Especially not blu-ray movies. I mean, goddamnit.

This is what you get when you rush out technology. They rush it out to catch the hype, overcharge for it because people will buy it anyway, and end up with so many problems afterwards. Same goes for Microsoft and the RROD.

If only the Wii explained its hardware to developers well enough to get some more decent games, it'd skyrocket.  
OOC Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6706 6707 6708 6709 6710 6711 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games