Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leviathan Stadium

Back to Guilds

A battle Stadium for literate roleplayers. 

Tags: Literate, Fighting, Battle, Arena, Levi 

Reply OOC Lounge
OOC - NO U Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6724 6725 6726 6727 6728 6729 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Enness Vakar

Man-Hungry Datemate

8,100 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:30 pm
Ok, I may not be much of a fan, but I do hope you know who Metallica is, and I do hope you're not serious about calling them fruity.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:33 pm
Ya, I've never heard "Metallica" called "Tallica" before, which sounds like a Swedish soft rock band or something. And recently: Ya, they're pretty fruity. They keep trying to be harder and its failing for them and they need to realize that the style they were using is what people like... And, you know, Lars is still a p***k.

EDIT: My last memory of Metallica was a video they put out a bit ago in which he was doing this REALLY fruity hand wavy thing as if trying to be dark and goth or something... I couldn't stop laughing...  

Enki Leviathan
Crew

Fengrading

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:41 pm
Enki Leviathan
They keep trying to be harder

Someone obviously doesn't listen to Metallica.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:42 pm
Chaplain Fenix
Enki Leviathan
They keep trying to be harder

Someone obviously doesn't listen to Metallica.

I stopped listening when I heard them try to be and cringed a bit. That was a few years ago, though. I don't know if they learned there lesson or not.  

Enki Leviathan
Crew

Fengrading

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:42 pm
So how are they trying, exactly?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:46 pm
Their riffs were sounding much harder, more hardcore metal-like and not so much their style. He attempted to scream instead of having his normal, rather kick a** raspy quality. Who whole sound just seemed like they were TRYING to be harder and it just wasn't working at all for them in my eyes.

Again, this was a few years ago. Maybe they stopped trying to do that.  

Enki Leviathan
Crew

Enness Vakar

Man-Hungry Datemate

8,100 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:46 pm
Trying to be harder? What?

Also, Swedish and soft rock really don't go together.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:48 pm
Yes, because METALLICA has never been metal.  

Fengrading

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:49 pm
*walks in*

I...have absolutely nothing to contribute to the conversation.

*walks back out*  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:50 pm
Chaplain Fenix
Yes, because METALLICA has never been metal.

Hence why I used the word "hardcore" because hardcore metal is VERY different from regular metal.  

Enki Leviathan
Crew

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:50 pm
I cast scientific missile.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:52 pm
Is Rage' mom really telling us to save her son?

A MILF TELLING THE GOD DAMNED ZOMBIE VAHN WHAT TO DO?!  

Vahn Fah
Captain

Original Member

7,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conversationalist 100

The Thunder Tyrant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:52 pm
ITT: People who don't know that Metallica started the thrash genre with the other Big Four (Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth) and pretty much opened up an entire new idea of how "heavy" heavy metal could be. AKA, without Metallica, Slayer, and co., you'd have huge chunks missing out of extreme metal.

Metallica doesn't try to be harder anymore, they stopped being heavy. They USED to be hard metal, but they stopped, you have it backwards. Originally, they were super heavy, speed/trash oriented metal with shouted lyrics and crazy, raw guitar licks.

Around Around Load/Reload, they started moving towards a more generic rock sound, and by St. Anger and Death Magnetic they started trying to implement punk and progressive elements into their musicality, which ******** sounds like s**t for them.

They started out heavy/hard, and then started softening their sound and tried to be a more "diverse" band by implementing shitty prog and punk/goth elements into their music that doesn't fit their playing style. If you think they're TRYING to be harder now or in the past few years, you're not only wrong, but you have it completely backwards. They've been moving away from their signature sound with each album since Load/Reload or Black came out.

TL;DR: They pulled a KISS. Started off heavy, became faggots.

TL;DR2: I know a lot about heavy metal bands and how their sound has progressed and changed.

EDIT:: Also, Metallica and Slayer used to be THE definition of hardcore heavy metal when they first got onto the scene, and maintained that position until the 90s. You can't say "thrash metal" without thinking Metallica, unless you just know absolutely jackshit about the genre.

Also, I love prog rock and metal, but Metallica doesn't do it well. At all. See: Lars's drumming.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:53 pm
I have the sudden image of SCIENTIFIC MISSILE flying at Gaia then running some kind of scan and turning right around.

GPS Voice: Route recalculation...  

Just a Kroww

Enki Leviathan
Crew
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:56 pm
The Darth Vizzle
They've been moving away from their signature sound with each album since Load/Reload or Black came out.

And thus, I have been shown differently.

That's how you hold an argument, not "Fine, TELL me what YOU think." Gimme proof like Darth did. XP

See, for me, Metallica's sound is in or around "Master of Puppets" which is kinda hardish but not, like, face-melty. If they WERE face-melty before, I was unaware, and thus now know better.  
OOC Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6724 6725 6726 6727 6728 6729 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games