Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leviathan Stadium

Back to Guilds

A battle Stadium for literate roleplayers. 

Tags: Literate, Fighting, Battle, Arena, Levi 

Reply OOC Lounge
OOC - NO U Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6765 6766 6767 6768 6769 6770 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:11 am
Don't make me stat Yvain.

I will totally out 1's you.

But not zombies.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:14 am
b***h tits. cool  

Fiend The Bunny

Fluffy Codger

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:16 am
Chaplain Fenix
I still proudly hold the titles for most 1's.

Also, zombies.

Isn't that just it, though?

you could end up scoring low in everywhere else, but if your character is a full-on spellcaster, then all of their attributes are put into their energy projection. On one hand you don't bring it up to 7 because it's too much, but you're left with only 6, and a low score in other areas.

Then again, maybe that has more to do with total scores than actual ratings. Perhaps it was wrong to add the scores up for an average.

Then again, I'm taking this power-gauge thing with a grain of salt. It shouldn't really affect much, since it's just a fun thing to do. I know that some RPers I've seen in the past would use them for their profiles as stats, though I've never seen them use it in an argument in fights. Though I'm fairly sure people have, and I honestly hope that doesn't happen here.

The best rule of thumb is to not do things that most of everyone regards as stupid. Doesn't mean it can't be fun and stylish, but it shouldn't step on people's toes, and should strive to entertain everyone involved.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:20 am
It's just a fun distraction for a day. For people like me who over think things, but relax about doing so, it's just a way to kick back while keeping the mind on RP.

And certainly the magic and intelligence and such wouldn't ever be used to stat anyone, but I'm actually debating if there's a way to sorta move the statting for physical things, while unenhanced, into the character bios without requiring me to toss the entire comparative chart for each in and just wind up taking up an obnoxious amount of space.

I'm just thinking a bit about brief, presentable ways to get across a lot of data on the character so I can focus more bio space on the important stuff without it inflating massively.

Not that I'll ever finish the bio at this rate.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Hi Im Reiko

Aged Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:20 am
Nothing really mattress because I have the coolest character(s) and stats of all.

I hold the record for most 7s.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:23 am
Mr Crawley
Nothing really mattress because I have the coolest character(s) and stats of all.

I hold the record for most 7s.

Yes. Reiko definitely gets a 7 in intelligence. He am smrt.

He dropkicks into woodchippers and doesn't afraid of anything.

(sidenote: I'm just joking around XD...them's not fightin' words.)  

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

Fengrading

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:24 am
THEM'S FIGHTIN' WORDS  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:37 am
Chaplain Fenix
THEM'S FIGHTIN' WORDS

User Image

OH BOY, OH BOY!

I'LL SHOW 'EM, I'LL SHOW 'EM!

I'LL SHOW 'EM WHO HE'S MESSING WITH.

I'LL SHOW 'EM! FFT FFT FFT *shadow boxes*

I'LL GIVE 'EM THE OL' RAZZLE DAZZLE!  

Hi Im Reiko

Aged Sex Symbol

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:45 am
Mr Crawley
OH BOY, OH BOY!

I'LL SHOW 'EM, I'LL SHOW 'EM!

I'LL SHOW 'EM WHO HE'S MESSING WITH.

I'LL SHOW 'EM! FFT FFT FFT *shadow boxes*

I'LL GIVE 'EM THE OL' RAZZLE DAZZLE!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:54 am
You get 2 points for understanding my Looney Toons reference.

Though the one with the hunting dog and bugs would've been more accurate.  

Hi Im Reiko

Aged Sex Symbol

Dumble Dee

High-functioning Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:00 am
PFFT. I would try to have Wendy get more 1's than Tombs, but I doubt she will. She'll probably get the lowest score so far though.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:02 am
Tenkai Matsumoto

On one hand, people who end up scoring their characters high would end up look overpowered, even when their portrayal of the character isn't overpowered at all.

On the other hand, some people who end up scoring lower might end up thinking their characters to be weaker than the others, even though people with no-power characters are just as capable of beating people who do.
Not to rag on you Tenkai, but the only thing that passed through my mind when reading that was a quote from Futurama.

"No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it."

... But then I did just wake up.  

Dante Decker

Profitable Lunatic

3,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:12 am
@Crawley: I tried to find a video but it was taking too long.

Maybe a similar line is in the one where Bugs plays baseball.

@Dante: If I could remember the episode where that line comes from, I'd probably get the joke. x_x

Edit: Just looked it up and I only mildly get the joke. I'm sure it has something to do with quantum physics and measurements and outcomes in science. Either that or it was the professor just being silly.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:42 am
Deegrading
PFFT. I would try to have Wendy get more 1's than Tombs, but I doubt she will. She'll probably get the lowest score so far though.

Except in making hamburgers. She gets at least a three in that.  

Joseph Brown
Crew

Dumble Dee

High-functioning Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:45 am
Only if you're vegetarian and can wait like a bajillion hours.

She's slow and gets sidetracked easily.

Also; I just realized she'd only score 10, which is only one lower than Madison, and I'm surprised by that. Though as she grows as a character, Energy Projection will probably rise.

[Edit] Fish just explained the joke. ],=  
OOC Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6765 6766 6767 6768 6769 6770 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games