Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 677 678 679 680 681 682 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Langley
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:56 pm
xd
It's your own fault, anyways. You're the one who started that whole idea.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:06 pm
I hadn't expected you to HIRE any!

Now I'm getting images of Lang interviewing monkeys, for s**t's sake...  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

T H I N N

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:31 pm
First of all, I would like to thank everyone for sharing their enthusiasm (on whatever level) about my father returning home. Its just encouraging. 3nodding biggrin

AD>> Xeno II does share the first's flaw in being very story driven for the first half of the game. (and challenging in the sense that you have to get used to the system quickly) Thankfully, it begins to shine shortly after you're able to control the E.S.s whee Alot of "gateways" open up.

*looks at Lang* ninja

*looks at AD* ninja

Monkies ... ?

-----

I'm going to try an experiment this week: I've been having some trouble getting to sleep as of late and I think it may have to do with the fact that during the course of the day I don't "spend" enough energy through physical means and it leaves my body thinking, 'Why is he trying to sleep? I want to do something! I want to do something! I don't care if its past 12:00!' Solution? Practice a little Judo/Martial Arts (what I can remember) before going to bed to try and exhaust my "resources." biggrin

What does this have to do with anything? ... well ... not much sweatdrop I was just wondering if anyone else has actually tried this and can tell me if it has worked/not worked for them.

Mysterious week ahead for me...the only thing I know I'm doing that's big is presenting my Evangelion paper at a convention this Friday. (and let me tell you...dwindling an 11 page paper down to 6 pages is very...tiresome gonk )

Lang>> Sadly, I couldn't fit the section where I used Asuka into my presentation. sad I tried finding a way to make it fit, but sadly, no success. Heck, I had to take out entire sections of actual theory just to make it presentation worthy. I also had to drop my Misato section. I guess its like my professor said, "Sometimes your best parts of a paper never make it to the presentation!"  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:36 pm
Lang - gonk Hey! i seriously meant that!

schifty-too! ninja

A.D. - I agree... on... that... err... yeah ... .. right... >_>

Shiro Nishida

Tipsy Werewolf

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:45 pm
Ashram - Engh. I'm still not enjoying it as much as I did the first one. After all, with new voice actors and a new composer (!), it's hardly a sequel.

Monkeys. Yes.

You'd be better off exercising when you wake up. Activity at night wakes you up instead of making you tired (theoretically).

Shiro - Damn straight!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:50 pm
Abandoned Dreams
Ashram - Engh. I'm still not enjoying it as much as I did the first one. After all, with new voice actors and a new composer (!), it's hardly a sequel.

Monkeys. Yes.

You'd be better off exercising when you wake up. Activity at night wakes you up instead of making you tired (theoretically).

xd If I had the time in the morning.

Xeno II - Oh yeah, I'm definately not enjoying it as much as the first, but at least I'm enjoying it. There are some nice enhancements, but there are some things I wish they hadn't touched.  

T H I N N

Sir Langley
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:00 pm
AD > You didn't expect ME to hire any? I must say, I'm rather disappointed.

Ashram > Monkeys. ninja

And that's a shame about the presentation thing. I think your prof was right, though. I've been told that same thing before. It always seems to happen. -_-

Shiro > stare ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:04 pm
Ashram - Meh. Five minutes of sit-ups never hurt anyone. Class can wait.

It's pretty, I'll give you that much.

Lang - Well, I'm sorry if I'm amused by
"So, what previous work experience do you have with burnt sticks?"
"Eep!"  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

T H I N N

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:06 pm
Sir Langley
AD > You didn't expect ME to hire any? I must say, I'm rather disappointed.

Ashram > Monkeys. ninja

And that's a shame about the presentation thing. I think your prof was right, though. I've been told that same thing before. It always seems to happen. -_-

Shiro > stare ninja

I think it just shows the difference between writings and oral presentations. Writings have no time limit, presentations do.

Which reminds me...were you ever interested in reading the essay? If so, I'm more than happy to send it to you. (this goes for anyone) I'm not meaning to pressure you into this, but lately I've been thinking I may start writing more academic material on anime and, possibly later in life, seeking to become a Phd in the analysis of it as Japanese literature. (which is possible! xd There's one professor I know of *and I know very little* who teaches Japanese culture and literature at UT - Austin and has a class on the influence of anime *I have the book*) It would be nice to get as much input from people who may have an interest in reading this kind of material. (in other words, possibly you biggrin )  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:19 pm
So general opinion is that Xeno II isn't as good? .. Rather depressing.  

Xalome

T H I N N

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:22 pm
Laitue

In my opinion...a more accurate statement would be :: Xeno II isn't as good as Xeno I in most areas.

The story is very intriguing. 3nodding

Oi...late...early class...good night!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:26 pm
AyDee > Hmm.. with my luck, I'd probably get the horribly irate monkey.

"Will you promise consistent work at all ti-"
"EEEEAYAGA! OOOEEKAKAKAKA *swings from various things and throws banana peels at other candidates*"

Right.

Ashram > Very true. Of course, sometimes you're lucky and you're given a greater amount of time to work with for oral presentations.
Actually, in my last year of high school, we were given 1 hour and 45 minutes for our presentations in Art history. I was overjoyed with that. biggrin

And sure, you can email me the essay if you'd like. biggrin  

Sir Langley
Vice Captain

Xalome

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:27 pm
Ashram_VII
Laitue

In my opinion...a more accurate statement would be :: Xeno II isn't as good as Xeno I in most areas.

The story is very intriguing. 3nodding

Oi...late...early class...good night!

I don't like the new character styles much. I liked the old big eyes ones. sad  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:33 pm
Lang - mrgreen ninja ... and two words for you: ahtm3 trailer! xd

A.D. - HELLYEAH! xO

Ashram - Hmm... wouldn't be bad to read things once in awhile... sure, drop it on my inbox and i'll read it a.s.a.p. 3nodding

Laitue - 'fraid so. neutral

oh, and Titanium Rhapsody ninja

Shiro Nishida

Tipsy Werewolf

Xalome

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:01 pm
Shiro Harukaze
Laitue - I am NOT a tanned freak! crying besides, I look horridly white... probably a few shades "peachier" that light pastel caramel... but still! crying

and that must've been a mean sunburn. O_O;;;; never have I heard of someone fainting due to a sunburn, but I have heard of people "overheating" in a sauna/jacuzzi... >_>

HOMG you so are a tanned freak. How in gods name can you tan in 15 minutes!?!?!? Freak. <3

It was the sunburn from HELL! Shows me for miustaking 'After tan' for 'Sun Tan'. >< But I was nice and brown for a year after!

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 677 678 679 680 681 682 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games