Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leviathan Stadium

Back to Guilds

A battle Stadium for literate roleplayers. 

Tags: Literate, Fighting, Battle, Arena, Levi 

Reply OOC Lounge
OOC - NO U Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

themightyjello

Dapper Elocutionist

5,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:27 pm
I need to stop playing Sins with Fierach.

I end up getting 3-on-1 every time. Even if it isn't intentional.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:34 pm
Okay. To be fair, I actually liked that game a lot when I still had my SNES, but it lost all credibility when they ported it as "Pokemon Puzzle League" to make a quick buck.

Plus the whole fact that the game isn't Tetris at all.  

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

Rising Hourglass

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:35 pm
ragingtofu
Okay. To be fair, I actually liked that game a lot when I still had my SNES, but it lost all credibility when they ported it as "Pokemon Puzzle League" to make a quick buck.

What. >:{

Quote:
Plus the whole fact that the game isn't Tetris at all.

This is true.

It's better.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:41 pm
Rage owns/played all games on every system that has ever existed.

I've never even heard of whatever that yoshi tetris thing is.  

Kraun
Vice Captain

Rising Hourglass

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:46 pm
Kraun
Rage owns/played all games on every system that has ever existed.

I've never even heard of whatever that yoshi tetris thing is.

Seems to be heading that way, yes. Haha.

It's actually really ******** fun. I suppose the best way to describe it is a fast-paced modification of traditional Tetris with an emphasis on ******** up your opponent by clearing more blocks in elaborate patterns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV1mRO-2aE8  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:56 pm
... actually it's not a modification of Tetris at all.

It's a game series called Panel de Pon that Nintendo's been rehashing for years, and they realized that they'd stand to make more money by slapping the name "Tetris" on it for the North American release.

Just sayin'. Same reason we have Super Mario Bros 2 instead of it's original Japanese game, Doki Doki Panic.  

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

Vintrict

Omnipresent Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:01 pm
Psychofish
Goddamn.

I'm apparently going to have to work to figure out how to play NetHack.

I felt okay goofing around because I knew how to walk, bust down doors, search, and apparently fight things by walking into them. And then I starve to death twice. Where I'm supposed to be getting all this food I'm not sure.

You guys NOW just getting into Nethack? I was talking about that like...months ago.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:03 pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panel_de_pon

Huh. You're right. My mistake. It still seems heavily inspired by tetris, though. The original game concept, I mean. Clearing blocks on a grid, you die if it reaches the top, etc.

Regardless, game is fun as hell. 3nodding Though I sort of want to play the original now.

Edit: Though apparently TA was harder than Pdp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_Attack#Differences_from_Panel_de_Pon  

Rising Hourglass

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:06 pm
I suddenly remember that I need to play Sweet Home for the NES.

A game about a team of investigators that goes into a haunted mansion where they can suffer grizzly deaths as they try to find their way out / solve the mystery of why everything is trying to kill them.

... made by Capcom.

This sounds familiar.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:35 pm
For some reason, I really miss the old Harvest Moon games, and I wonder if it's nostalgia goggles.

I tried a few of the new ones, but they seem so much colder and less charming. More straightforward, I suppose. That sense of curiosity and mystery that the SNES and N64 ones had just isn't there.

I suppose it doesn't help that I'm more intelligent than when I was 7 and figure things out far faster, haha.  

Rising Hourglass

Vintrict

Omnipresent Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:42 pm
How about I make a game called Harvest Month.

Every month, you go around impregnating as many women as possible in a city, then every month, you have to manage keeping your children fed. It gets harder when the mothers find out about each other, resulting in you having to work double time to pay child support.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:44 pm
Hey, my 360 broke.

*Look at federal refund check on desk; checks bank account, since he got paid on Friday; considers the cost of a new core system sans hard drive is probably going to be about the same as a repair.*

... hmm.  

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

Rising Hourglass

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:45 pm
Vintrict

Every month, you go around impregnating as many women as possible in a city, then every month, you have to manage keeping your children fed. It gets harder when the mothers find out about each other, resulting in you having to work double time to pay child support.

Can't I just give them tomatoes and milk?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:45 pm
Or, you can take the chance to sledgehammer it to death and go buy something more productive.  

Vintrict

Omnipresent Poster

Vintrict

Omnipresent Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:46 pm
Rising Hourglass
Vintrict

Can't I just give them tomatoes and milk?

You're going to be a crappy father.  
OOC Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games