Welcome to Gaia! ::

When I Say Run - A Doctor Who Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Dalek, Cyberman, Timelord, TARDIS, Doctor Who 

Reply When I Say Run - A Doctor Who Guild
A doctor who rp Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who wants to be the doctor?
  OOOHHH! OOOHHHH! PICK MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!*Crash*
  THE ASSISTANTS ROCK!!!!!!
  The doctor stinks! THE MASTER FOR INTER GALACTIC RULER!!!!!
View Results

CrystalGazer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:55 pm
"Sam!" Irene ran over to Sam, and was about to hug him in relief when she noticed he was struggling with the bond that tied his hands together.

"Oh... Let me try..." She dug her nails into the knot of the cord around Sam's wrists. He let out a breath of relief. When the cord came free, he darted across the TARDIS to grab his Baseball Bat, then darted back towards Irene. He ushered her behind him, standing in front of her in a defensive stance.

"Behind me, Irene. He's gonna be back. He disappeared into nowhere..." Sam had his eyes on the ceiling.

"What... who? Oh... right... the Ruler... and Sam, this is the Doctor and the Editor. Thanks for being protective and all but I'm perfectly alright at defending myself."

~~~

"Hello Sam, we've come to rescue you..."

The Doctor noticed where Sam's glance was aimed, and looked to to ceiling also.

"Ruler? Why don't you come down and talk to me like you wanted to..." He cautiously drew out his trusty Sonic Screwdriver as he was speaking.

The Doctor chanced a quick glance around The Ruler's TARDIS. He certainly was more organized than himself, but... the inside of this TARDIS was oddly similar to his own.

Irene was standing next to Sam now instead of sheltered behind him, Sam was still trying to convince her to get behind when the Doctor looked back up towards the ceiling. He smiled to himself at the curiosity of human nature.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:52 pm

So, this was the Doctor. A tall lanky being, hair that wasn't even ginger. By the look of the man you couldn't see it at all, but it was in the eyes where his age was shown. The experience of the lifetimes he had lived lay there, as well as this rage the Ruler new very well.

"They're aliens too, Sam." Irene informed her friend motioning to the Doctor and the Editor. "The last of their kind."

"Yes. The Last." The Ruler echoed through his TARDIS.

"Which is exactly why we shouldn't be so nasty to each other, Ruler, kidnapping these poor people from their time."

"No, of course not, I completely agree, Doctor." The Ruler said.

"Then what's all this?"

The Ruler leaned upon the tops of his TARDIS, picking at his nails, trying to distract himself from the seriousness of the coming issue.

"Where's Rose?" The Ruler asked.

At the mention of that name the Doctor flared up, that rage erupted over those eyes and spread over his face.

"What did you say!?" The Doctor screamed.

"Rose?" Irene repeated.

"Who's Rose?" Sam asked.

"I don't know." She told him.

"I said, what did you SAY!?" The Doctor screamed.

For a moment the Ruler was silent and there was but the darkness of the TARDIS. Then the Ruler sighed.

"I had hoped..." The Ruler said.

"Hoped? HOPED? What exactly did you hope?" The Doctor asked.

The Ruler made his way around his balcony up to a control panel, as he saw that the Doctor had moved just to the right place.

"I do this now, Doctor, because I know you. And I know that despite the temptation you would enver agree with me." The Ruler said. "I do not wish to be hostile, but I know you, and Iknow I have to be. "

"What are you -"

Before the Doctor could finish the Ruler had pressed a button. At that moment the floor beneath the Doctor gave way and he fell to a floor below. There on his back straps went over his legs and hands and a conveyer belt drove his head into a box that he recognized to be a Mental Capaciter, a Time Lord machine that read and copied the mind.

"DOCTOR!" Irene was yelling.

The Editor grabbed the Sonic Screwdriver on the floor and slipped down the hole where she stood above the Doctor's struggling body.

"It's okay!" She yelled. "Irene, help me!"

TheSmilingShadow

CrystalGazer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:23 pm
Irene glanced at Sam, then at Eddie.

"I'm coming!" Irene slid down the hole and landed right next to Eddie. Sam ran up next to the hole, and looked up at the Ruler. He gripped his bat and bared his teeth.

"What do I have to do?” Sam heard Irene ask. He looked into the hole, and she was already tugging at the cord around the Doctor’s hand.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:34 pm
The Doctor was screaming inside the box, probably yelling out an elaborate plan, but it was lost on deaf ears.

"WE CAN'T HEAR YOU, STUPID!" Eddie screamed. "Get his legs." Eddie nodded at Irene.

Irene ran over to the restraint but found she had no idea how to open it. She looked up at Eddie.

"Red button, green, and pull." Eddie said.

With that the restraints on his legs were gone.

The Editor picked up his sonic screwdriver and started at the top of the Box. The Screwdriver waved a blue light over the mechanics of the thing.

"Come on...come on..."

The Ruler had not told her, he hadn't said a thing to her.

"URGH!" Eddie screamed, the screwdriver was taking too long.

She grabbed her wrench and started banging the box with it until it finally dented and sparked and broke. She pushed it away, and the Doctor was free.  

TheSmilingShadow

CrystalGazer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:49 am
"Woah... that was weird." The Doctor looked up towards the Ruler. "...Really strange. Well, I'm lucky to have friends!" He beamed at Eddie and Irene.

A baseball bat protruded through the hole, and Irene grabbed onto the end of it. She was pulled back through the opening. Sam peered over the edge.

"What's up, Doc? You ok?" Sam said in concern.

"Oh yes. I am fine. Spiffing." The Doctor giggled. "...that was really strange. Now... where's my sonic- ah!" He swiped his sonic screwdriver from Eddie's hand. There was something weird going on.

If he recognized the inner workings of the Mental Capaciter, the Ruler wanted the Doctor's mind copied directly into his own... but why? He giggled again. The Mental Capaciter always left a mild tickling buzz in the brain, but this was already wearing off.

"Let's see... Eddie, He was trying to steal my mind... my memories..." He caught his breath as the face of Rose appeared in his memory. Another side effect of the Mental Capaciter... unexpected flashbacks. A shadow passed across his face as the near endless feeling of loneliness pressed upon him. Rose... gone...

"Doctor, whats wrong?" Eddie said, sounding the most concerned the Doctor has heard so far. Glancing at her, he felt less lonely. She was another Time Lord, he was no longer the last... "Ah... umm..." He didn't know how to answer her question. He took to glaring at the Mental Capaciter.

He clicked a button on his sonic screwdriver and directed it's blue rays at the computer screen on the side of the box.

A brief image flashed, some text, then the computer fizzled and blew out.

"Hmmm." The Doctor concentrated for a moment, trying to hold what he just saw in his memory.

"Doctor..." Eddie was about to begin again, but then they heard a yell, and a scream.

"Doctor! Doctor- Oi!" Sam was yelling. "He's got Irene!"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:25 pm
A Mental Capaciter. The Editor saw it and knew it inside and out, she had a long while ago been designing a new version of the machine. But that was after all, a long time ago.

She looked to the Doctor, buzzing from the thing, giggling, and smiling, like there was nothing wrong in the universe, like their wasn't a shining planet that was missing from it. The Doctor almost despite himself and their situation smiled down at her in a way that made her feel wanted. She assumed it was a similar want she had for him. The last of a species naturally should be drawn to each other. She decided it was a very pitiful desire, but she nonetheless in her quiet suffering allowed it.

She half expected him to laugh at her and tell her he was just joking and they could go home just then.

But instead she heard Irene scream.

"DAMN IT!" The Ruler was yelling.

He had gotten the girl by the waist, she was strapped to a chair and the chair was moving. Trapped the walls began to shift and the entire TARDIS began to change its inner shape.

Just then the basement the other Time Lords found themselves in rose up joining them with the human boy.

"No..." The Doctor muttered.

"Oh God, it's moving!" The Editor cried.

Irene was screaming but already a wall had enclosed over her, the TARDIS changing.

"NO!" The Doctor ran after the girl and the others followed.

But they were at the mercy of the TARDIS, it became an inner maze of dancing rooms. Bedrooms and zero rooms and wardrobes and galleries and on and on until after all their running they saw a light. Instinctively they ran to it and found themselves outside the Gargoyle.

They turned to return inside but found the Ruler standing there before them. He stood in the doorway staring at them all with an intensity.

"I didn't get enough." He said flatly.

"Give her back!" Sam yelled at him. He ran to him but the Doctor stopped him and he dropped his bat.

"Until we meet again." The Ruler looked over to the Editor. "Thank you for all your help, young lady."

He abruptly then, closed the door.

TheSmilingShadow

CrystalGazer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:06 am
The Doctor stared at the Ruler's TARDIS as it disappeared. He felt almost a defeat. No, cheated... the Ruler was a cheat. Why was he taking the humans hostage? The Doctor figured the Ruler knew he would go after him. It was so strange how well the Ruler knew him.

"Ok, lets get back to my TARDIS." He hurried back down the stairs. Sam grabbed his baseball bat and followed him.

~~~

It was so dark and cold. Irene didn't know where she was, and she couldn't see... she was tied to something and couldn't move. "Help?" She whispered into the silent darkness. It echoed around the quiet void, the only noise so it seemed to Irene as if her softly spoken word was a scream.

She felt so alone.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:44 pm

"Don't be afraid." The Ruler said in the dark where she could not see. "I have no intentions on harming you."

Bold words from a man who had just kidnapped her.

"In fact, I didn't even mean to grab you too. I meant only to get your friend."

"What do you want with him!?"

"Would you like to go anywhere?"

"What?"

"We're in a Time Machine, dear. Would you like to go anywhere? It'll be a while before we see the Doctor again, I'm sure."

"A police box?" Eddie squeeled. "That's your TARDIS, a police box!?"

The Doctor seemed quite prideful of his blue police box even as Eddie seemed to be shocked by it's idiocracy.

"What's a Tardis?" Sam was asking. "A spaceship? How is it bigger on the inside than the outside?"

"You know my pockets are like that." The Doctor said.

"How!?" Sam laughed. "Wait, what about Irene? Are we going to use your ship? Can we track the Ruler?"

It warmed the Doctor's heart to have a human like Sam around again, someone so full of questions. That in the wake of the Doctor's defeat, or cheat or whatever it was that made him feel down, Sam was lightening up the mood.

However the Editor was getting tired of it.

"Shutup, one-heart!" She yelled.

"One-heart? You mean you have more than one heart?"

"URGGGH." The Editor sighed.

The Doctor laughed as he opened the door to his TARDIS.

"Come on, Editor, lighten up a bit." The Doctor said.

However it seemed she wasn't listening. Neither was Sam. They both entered the TARDIS absolutely dumbfounded. Another TARDIS, another bit of home. It was brighter than the Ruler's, more beautiful, it made her smile.

"Oh my God!!!" Sam was yelling.

TheSmilingShadow

Triska
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:13 pm
OOC: Just so you know. Susan hid her TARDIS inside the Library. Disguised as a wooden statue with a box base.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:30 pm
Sorvad crawled out from the alley beside the hospital. He had decided that a lifetime trapped in that wretched hospital was not worth living. Dozens of people ran at the sight of his grotesque form. He couldn't help but smile and laugh, he had never had people react to him before. A blind man walked past him. Sorvad reached up and grabbed the man's wrist. "Excuse me sir... can you tell me where the library is?" Sorvad asked. The blind man, ignorant to Sorvad's form simply smiled and replied; "Up the block."."Thank you sir." Sorvad let go of the man's shirt and crawled on his hands up the block.  

Lone-Lycan

CrystalGazer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:50 pm
In the dark, Irene struggled to move but her efforts were fruitless. She wiggled like a slug against the cords on her wrists and ankles. Strangely, The Ruler's voice was warm and comforting, but also a little sad. It was a brilliant contrast compared to the yelling and angry Ruler that she had first met.

There was an internal struggle inside Irene; she felt so vulnerable while tied up, she wanted someone to tell her everything would be alright. Why was the Ruler suddenly being so nice? There was something in his words that made her want to believe that he wouldn't hurt her. But he wanted Sam... would he hurt Sam? What was he going to do to the Doctor?

She shivered in the dark. Then, a faint glowing light flickered into place... almost like the golden glow of a candle. The Ruler's face came into view.

"Tell me where you would like to go, I can take you anywhere at all." He smiled, changing his face completely. Irene noticed that he was actually handsome. The bonds on her wrists and ankles loosened, and she pulled out of them.

"Why do you need Sam?" She calmly demanded. She didn't want to loose this nice, composed Ruler. "You said that you weren't going to hurt me, but I don't want you to hurt Sam either. Or the Doctor." She thought for a moment. "Or Eddie."

~~~

"Well... TARDIS stands for Time and Relative Dimensions in Space. It can take me anywhere in space or time... It used to be able to blend in with it's surroundings but it's chameleon circuit's sort of faulty..." The Doctor blushed.

"WOAH!!!!" Sam was completely amazed at the alien nature of the interior of this... TARDIS. "What planet did you say you were from again?"

"Gallifrey." The Doctor smiled. "It was... sort of far from here..."

"Oooh... How does the TARDIS work?"

"Well..." The Doctor started. "We want to find Irene and the Ruler now, so we are going to put a tracker on the Ruler. Er... you didn't happen to keep anything from his ship, did you?"

It was Sam's turn to blush. "Well... the cord he used to tie my hands together, I've never seen metal like this before, at first I thought it was cloth... I wanted to keep it and study it." Sam pulled a short length of the cord out of his pocket. "Here. What are you gonna do?"

The Doctor laughed, and stuck his hand into some wires that appeared to be jumbled around each other in the TARDIS' main consul. He pulled out what looked like a small silver microwave box, and flipped the door open. He dropped the cord into the box, closed the lid, and pressed a button. After some mad dashing around the main consul, more button pressing and wire pulling, the Doctor paused for a moment and some loud grating noises from the floor of the TARDIS ensued.

"The TARDIS recognizes the material, it belongs to The Ruler's TARDIS. Because TARDISes are technically organic matter, it can take us directly to the Ruler. We can rescue Irene and figure out what this Ruler really wants. The box I put the cord in, you know... the one that sort of looks like a puny microwave, it's a Molecular Origin Locater- Huh?"

The TARDIS's computer screen flashed and symbols were racing. The Doctor bounded over to it, suddenly looking worried.

"The Ruler is traveling... His TARDIS is... no..."

Eddie looked up from her skulking. "What?"

Sam ran over to the computer. "What is it?"

The Doctor turned to face Sam, but now he was wearing some simple blue and red 3D spectacles. "Sam... let me see some more of that cord."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:02 pm

"Did you know, Irene," The Ruler turned away. "That the Doctor, the Editor, and I are the last of our kind?"

His voice almost trembled, and Irene could see the words were difficult to say. It seemed to her that of all three Time Lords he was the one that seemed the most in pain. Even Eddie seemed less hurt, more shocked and angry, but not hurt. But the Ruler - he turned away.

"Yeah." She nodded even though he wasn't looking.

"Ah, so the Editor knows now?"

She nodded again even though he wasn't looking.

"I didn't want her to know..." He sighed to himself. "Anyway." He turned back to her. "Why would I harm the last of my kind?"

"Because...you're evil?" Irene said half heartedly, with a slight smile showing she was joking.

"Well. No, my intentions for all of us, you, me, them, your friend Sam, they are all good. I mean only to benefit everyone. But I know the Doctor would never agree with what I am trying to do. Hence some hostilities had to be taken."

"What were you doing with him?"

He acted like he didn't hear her. He went over to her and took off her cords to free her.

"No use running dear, we are within the frabrics of space and time now." He said.

"Oh..."

"So, any place you'd like to go?"

----------------

The Editor who called herself Eddie paid little attention to the Doctor's rushing around. She was too caught up in her own thoughts as she started up some stairs to explore this TARDIS. You can learn a lot about the Time Lord from their TARDIS, and to the eyes of an engineer the strange way the Doctor's TARDIS was made up in a strange cohesion said plenty.

She wandered off, above the human and the Doctor. She didn't know what she was going to do now. Even if she got her TARDIS repaired where was she to go? Become a bum wanderer like this Doctor?

She could settle some place she supposed, but even that had a bad taste to it.

She ended up leaning over the balcony to look down at the Doctor frantically fiddling with his TARDIS. Humans couldn't tell but his particular TARDIS was so messed up and jumbled, fitting his mind set. He of course knew how to control it, but it seemed to her it'd take her a day to even understand how to drive the thing. She considered staying with the Doctor, they were after all the last. She sighed however.

Nothing at all seemed right. All that there was left to do was go on with Doctor and these humans until there was some time to take a breath and figure out what she was going to do.

-----------------

It had been a long time since the Ruler had seen this place. He walked the cobblestone streets with ease as he trailed closely behind Irene who gawked at everything from the people to the fruit at the market.

The Eiffel Tower could be seen from where they were. And somewhere the French Revolution was beginning and Robespierre was determining beheading was a befitting death.

TheSmilingShadow

CrystalGazer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:30 pm
(( OOC: Tehe... just like to mention that the Eiffel Tower was constructed like a hundred years after the Reign of Terror... but lets ignore that mistake for now. And Irene had already gotten out of her bonds... but whatever. ))

Irene looked towards the Eiffel Tower. She's been to France twice in her life, but in the future... or her present... or... time travel can get really confusing, she realized. How do the Time Lords keep up with it all?

"So... its 1793, you say? Hmmm... Robespierre is going to cause the Reign of Terror soon." Irene looked back the Ruler, who wore an expression of polite surprise at Irene's display of knowledge. "Oh yes, I learned a lot at school on the French Revolution. Very interesting man... Maxamillion Robespierre. Not very good aim either. He wanted to commit suicide... but missed."

Irene looked around. "That means he should be in the Louvre right about now. Hey! Lets go to the Louvre!" She dashed off, laughing madly.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:41 pm
OOC: God damn it, I suck at history, ignore tower reference then. Sorry, everyone, sorry...  

TheSmilingShadow

Triska
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:54 pm
Susan's expression was down cast as she went on to the Library. In a way she felt guilty for leaving the Doctor like that. She just freaked. Now parts of her was sore, and she was missing her watch. Susan didn't want to ever loss it.
She didn't even know she didn't want to loss it. All she knew was that it was there. Sometimes she doesn't even know it was there. It's all very strange to her. As long as she had the watch, she always felt like she was never alone. But now she does. A piece of her was missing.
Susan heard shrieks up ahead and ran towards the sound. Some people ran past her as she continued. The library was in site. And a man crawling on the ground. People either went around what it seems they consider to be a foul thing.
Susan scowled at their behavior. This man clearly needed help. She ran up to him. "Sir, do you need help?"
She saw his face, but made no reaction to it. With the strange talk that had been around her. Dream or no dream, her first thought was that this being was an alien.  
When I Say Run - A Doctor Who Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff