NowhereManXP
Barsona
NowhereManXP
ChibiDuo
Barsona

question:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvrfXQh-0no
what the hell is this?
From guessing of Amuro's Zeta, it's Green Divers, duh. But what? The Wolf of Solomon dies in this? What the ******** were those MA-like thingy

Yeah the latest batch of Gundam Evolves is certainly... interesting. I'm still not fully sure who was behind that Psyco Fortress thing. As for the Wolf, I think his self destruction was a little rushed. From my POV it seemed like he could have done the same damage just by shooting with all the damn weapons he had mounted on his Zeta. Also, I have no idea what the deal is with the kind of system the red Zeta uses. I've even heard people jokingly say this episode was like Evangelion. (you have to admit before the MA transforms it looks like Ramiel, the 5th Angel).

Yuri's controlling the Red Zeta through the unit's bio-sensor.

To quote Gundam Official:
Quote:
Bio-sensor--A variant of the psycommu system, developed by Anaheim Electronics and experimentally installed in the MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam. Its full capabilities are unknown, but the bio-sensor does allow a Newtype pilot to control a mobile suit via mental commands. Paptimus Scirocco's custom-made mobile suit PMX-003 The O is also equipped with this device.

I found Evolve 9 to be a little bit over-the-top, and a bit too much in the style of Gundam SEED Destiny for my tastes. However, thinking about it, that was probably intentional: they want to attract all of those CE Gundam fans to UC Gundam and have them buy that "calendar's" models.

Personally, I don't find the technology too over-the-top or continuity breaking here, it's simply how it's presented: in that hyper-flashy style that we usually don't associate with UC Gundam.

no my question is what the hell is that MA?
who are they?

and who the hell is yuri?

The Mobile Armor is unidentified, so far as I know. The piece itself only labels it as the "Psyco Weapon." I'll get back to you on that, as well as its affiliation, which, by all accounts I've seen, is unknown.

Yuri Ajissah is "Red Snake," and she is a powerful Newtype. This is her first appearance in any source that I know of, so we must wait to see if she pops up anywhere else.

I should also point out that, while that clip is the majority of Gundam Evolve 9, it's not the entirety of it. We miss Shin bitching about the colors of his Zeta (where we get a nice shot of his white wolf's head emblem), and Yuri running tests on the Red Zeta and reminiscing about the first time that she met Amuro Ray.

yea, who ever has the vids on youtube did a poor job cutting the vids...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:41 am
I recall on the wiki, that Dragoons nor Funnels/bits cannot be used in Earth Atmosphere, which makes sense. However, then why doesn't most gundam games follow this?

for instance, Rengou vs ZAFT: I am pretty sure you can shoot of your DRAGOON system in Earth

for instance, any SRW or G-Gen: you can still use them regardless of level. And probably they are the best weapons for Real Robots...

Spoiler alert, please highlight to read
So wait, Camille LIVES! How is that going to work with ZZ?  

Vivio1412

hi_nu_gundam8135

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:53 pm
Well, it would be boring if you couldn't use all of your weapons right?

It's my understanding that the new ending to Zeta Gundam wasn't meant to fit into ZZ or anything else. I just refer to it as an alternate "what if?" ending, and not actually cannon to the U.C. time line. Although, the ending is cannon in that Tomino made the ending, but then you'd also have to say the Gunam novels where (Note Spoiler) Amuro dies is cannon too. Somebody should write a fanfic with the changes to the ending of Zeta in it, that could be an interesting read.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:55 am
So which would be more canon? The three Zeta movies (Where it ties in with Advance Of Z and Ecole du Ciel) or Double Zeta (Ties into Sentinel, Crossbone, Victory, Unicorn, and humorously Space Runaway Ideon)?

Super Newtype Kai is great...

Grav!ty

NowhereManXP

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:29 am
Good question: personally, I keep Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam in the mix and remove the A New Translation movies into a neat little "alternate event timeline"--like the Mobile Suit Gundam novels.

Really, though, I don't see why you couldn't just use the A New Translation movies in place of the series and forget all about Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam--while still keeping a good portion of continuity intact. You will get quite the gap between Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam and Mobile Suit Gundam Char's Counterattack, though.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:54 pm
Here's a question that's been bugging the crap out of me recently.

With the exception of the original ZGMF-X09A Justice Gundam, none of the ZAFT-built Gundams look anything like standard ZAFT Mobile Suit designs. Instead, they look a lot like their counterparts in the Earth Alliance and Atlantic Federation.

Why do ZAFT Gundams look like the "enemy" built them?  

Cyrus Adler

Distinct Conversationalist

10,600 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Bookworm 100

Grav!ty

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:41 am
Erden Edgewood

With the exception of the original ZGMF-X09A Justice Gundam, none of the ZAFT-built Gundams look anything like standard ZAFT Mobile Suit designs. Instead, they look a lot like their counterparts in the Earth Alliance and Atlantic Federation.

Mainly because their designs were based upon the four stolen Gs' (Duel, Buster, Blitz, and Aegis). Another reason was probably for false flag tactics. Especially with units like the X-12A Testament, where it's designed to utilizes Alliance equipment. (More specifically, Strike Packs.) As the Strike is often considered to be an Alliance ACE unit. (And the Testament bares much similarity to it) Ironic...

Also, most ZAFT units are built around the standard GINN frame, which had reach it's full potential by the end of the war. Where as the new Alliance G frames (And even the lesser Dagger frames) had not even begun to approach its eventual capabilities. (The Strike Noir is a great example)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:25 am
Grav!ty
Erden Edgewood

Mainly because their designs were based upon the four stolen Gs' (Duel, Buster, Blitz, and Aegis). Another reason was probably for false flag tactics. Especially with units like the X-12A Testament, where it's designed to utilizes Alliance equipment. (More specifically, Strike Packs.) As the Strike is often considered to be an Alliance ACE unit. (And the Testament bares much similarity to it) Ironic...

Also, most ZAFT units are built around the standard GINN frame, which had reach it's full potential by the end of the war. Where as the new Alliance G frames (And even the lesser Dagger frames) had not even begun to approach its eventual capabilities. (The Strike Noir is a great example)

There are other things to understand, however...

Remember that the baseboard Mobile Suit for the development of the Dreadnaught was the GuAIZ, a Mobile Suit that saw very little combat time during its limited production near the last weeks of the Bloody Valentine War, and was eventually refit to carry weapons found on the Freedom Gundam (just the hip-mounted "railguns"). Eventually, over the course of C.E.72, the Millenium-Project suits came into existence and the modular ZAKU line was rolled out. Mimicking technologies found in the Strike Gundam (that are now universally employed by all 105 Daggers, the bulk of the AF's forces prior to the development of the Windam frame). It seenms as though the ZAFT, who needed a better-next-generation Mobile Suit force in comparison to the aging and not-nearly-as-modular GINN archetype.

Now, let's also remember another crucial fact here; a lot of attention is taken, over the course of SEED and SEED Destiny, to differentiate ZAFT and EA/AF Mobile Weapons in overall aesthetic. It's the standard angular Feds Vs. rounder Zeon design tactic. Now, over the course of the UC, the Axis and later Neo-Zeon factions (Char's uprising) all developed Mobile Suits using technologies found in Gundam-class suits on the opposite side of the war. I'd like to make mention of the Bawoo, which was often cited as being "Zeon's Gundam", for being the first mass-production mobile suit using Gundam-class technologies (being of similar offensive and defensive yield).

What happened in Cosmic Era? Patrick Zala hated the Natural, and while he mixed the frame aesthetics of a DINN, CGUE and the Aegis into the Justice Gundam, he allowed the production of the Freedom in its current form, its physical design being no different from that of Natural-made Mobile Suits produced by Actaeon. In fact, Freedom, Impulse, Savior, Gaia, Abyss, Chaos, Destiny, Legend, Providence and Testament/Astray Out Frame clash very heavily with known ZAFT design paradigms, and the only real ZAFT-built Gundam or MS to make use of its mimicry is the Testament series Gundams, which can adapt Striker Packs (and eventually Wizard and Silhouette Packs, after a hardpoint mod is created).

There is never a clear reason for the ZAFT-built Gundams to not have simple been super-advanced versions of known ZAFT Aesthetic...

This is one of my primary complaints about Cosmic Era Mobile Suit design, is that none of it is consistent. Don't GOUFs and ZAKUs look rather...I dunno, contrasted in comparison to the GINN, DINN, CGUE, ZuOOT and BuCUE? The ZAKU, While likely more combat capable, LOOKS LESS ADVANCED than the GINN, and the GOUF looks LESS ADVANCED then the CGUE...

So, while we have no definitive in-series answer for this question, would anyone like to speculate on why Ookawara was wanking off with designs?  

Cyrus Adler

10,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100

Ophiuchus
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:54 pm
They probably made him do it. They were probably like "UC fans hate our show. Let's put in units they'll recognise."
Which backfired, because most solid UC fans HATE the CE equivalents.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:32 pm
There are several series in Gundam which revolve around "Boy meets G", b/c honestly in Japan, boys and mecha are like chocolate and valentine's day. But if we change this theme to "girl meets G", would you think it would become a hit? Or will it be riddled with Gainax-like girls (which again, I have no objections too)?  

Vivio1412

Ophiuchus
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:53 pm
My manga didn't win an art competition. It lost to a black and white manga with half as many pages and less detail.
I blame it on the fact I had a woman pilot as the main hero.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:10 am
Ophiuchus
My manga didn't win an art competition. It lost to a black and white manga with half as many pages and less detail.
I blame it on the fact I had a woman pilot as the main hero.
That's just sad. Are you sure that's why it lost?  

PirateEire

NowhereManXP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:39 pm
Erden Edgewood
There are other things to understand, however...

Remember that the baseboard Mobile Suit for the development of the Dreadnaught was the GuAIZ, a Mobile Suit that saw very little combat time during its limited production near the last weeks of the Bloody Valentine War, and was eventually refit to carry weapons found on the Freedom Gundam (just the hip-mounted "railguns").

Actually just the ZGMF-600, because the YMF-000 Dreadnaught is created using a slightly modified GuAIZ frame. What's odd is that Gai Murakamo helps in the testing of the Dreadnaught in March of CE 71... meaning that both the Dreadnaught and the GuAIZ were in the testing stages at that point. Why it then took another four months to patch up the deal and begin to roll 'em out is beyond me.

Quote:
Eventually, over the course of C.E.72, the Millenium-Project suits came into existence and the modular ZAKU line was rolled out. Mimicking technologies found in the Strike Gundam (that are now universally employed by all 105 Daggers, the bulk of the AF's forces prior to the development of the Windam frame). It seenms as though the ZAFT, who needed a better-next-generation Mobile Suit force in comparison to the aging and not-nearly-as-modular GINN archetype.

If it works, use it. The Earth Alliance had a good idea, so it's only natural to piggy-back off of it.

Quote:
Now, let's also remember another crucial fact here; a lot of attention is taken, over the course of SEED and SEED Destiny, to differentiate ZAFT and EA/AF Mobile Weapons in overall aesthetic. It's the standard angular Feds Vs. rounder Zeon design tactic. Now, over the course of the UC, the Axis and later Neo-Zeon factions (Char's uprising) all developed Mobile Suits using technologies found in Gundam-class suits on the opposite side of the war. I'd like to make mention of the Bawoo, which was often cited as being "Zeon's Gundam", for being the first mass-production mobile suit using Gundam-class technologies (being of similar offensive and defensive yield).

The AMX-107 Bawoo certainly wasn't the first to use technology similar to those found in the Earth Federation's/Titan's/AEUG's famous Gundams, though it does seem to incorporate a lot of them.

Quote:
What happened in Cosmic Era? Patrick Zala hated the Natural, and while he mixed the frame aesthetics of a DINN, CGUE and the Aegis into the Justice Gundam, he allowed the production of the Freedom in its current form, its physical design being no different from that of Natural-made Mobile Suits produced by Actaeon.

Actaeon only had one Mobile Suit to its name: the NMS-X07PO Gel Finiet. The first generation of GAT-X Mobile Suits are jointly produced by the Atlantic Federation and Morgenroete, while the Dagger series and second-gen GAT-X units seem to be the work of the Atlantic Federation (maybe Azrael's arms manufacturing conglomerate). The Eurasian Federatation eventually buys the secrets to building an effective Mobile Suit frame from Actaeon (though, for some reason, not the virus spreaders), and rolls out its own CAT1-X Mobile Suits.

You've got to remember, though, that a Gundam is a Gundam. That's what sells models. I'm sure, if pressed, Sunrise and Bandai could come up with any number of reasons why the ZGMF-X09A Justice and ZGMF-X10A Freedom look the way they do. They might say that ZAFT got lazy and decided simply to copy the design of the GAT-X Mobile Suits that they captured, rather than create their own aesthetic for the new technology.

Quote:
This is one of my primary complaints about Cosmic Era Mobile Suit design, is that none of it is consistent. Don't GOUFs and ZAKUs look rather...I dunno, contrasted in comparison to the GINN, DINN, CGUE, ZuOOT and BuCUE? The ZAKU, While likely more combat capable, LOOKS LESS ADVANCED than the GINN, and the GOUF looks LESS ADVANCED then the CGUE...

Just because something looks simpler doesn't mean that it is simpler.

Quote:
So, while we have no definitive in-series answer for this question, would anyone like to speculate on why Ookawara was wanking off with designs?

Because Sunrise and Bandai asked him to, that's why.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:09 pm
Point taken .___.

BUT!

Quote:
Actaeon only had one Mobile Suit to its name: the NMS-X07PO Gel Finito.

Not entirely true. Actaeon produced the three Gundam-class suits featured in the Stargazer ONA as well as the Nero Blitz and Rosso Aegis. All of which (due to the circles the administration ran in) were immediately given to Phantom Pain, and Blue Cosmos by proxy.  

Cyrus Adler

10,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100

NowhereManXP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:22 pm
Erden Edgewood
Point taken .___.

BUT!

Quote:
Actaeon only had one Mobile Suit to its name: the NMS-X07PO Gel Finito.

Not entirely true. Actaeon produced the three Gundam-class suits featured in the Stargazer ONA as well as the Nero Blitz and Rosso Aegis. All of which (due to the circles the administration ran in) were immediately given to Phantom Pain, and Blue Cosmos by proxy.

True! I stand corrected. 3nodding  
Gundam

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces