Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Lolita Society.

Back to Guilds

Tags: gothic lolita, japanese fashion, lolita 

Reply The Lolita Society.
Our Lolita Album! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 98 99 100 101 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Lolita_Kana-
Captain

Partying Genius

12,615 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:13 pm
Spent Loli Day with Maeanalda at several locations but here is us at the park together after eating some yummy Chinese food:
User ImageUser Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:12 pm
Awww, yay! biggrin
My loliday plans got bummed out, but it's nice seeing everyone else got to spend theirs having fun.

spuntino
Crew

-Lolita_Kana-
Captain

Partying Genius

12,615 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:04 pm
We had a simple say that was a last minute choice to just meet up xD. Tsuwabuki had to work so she couldn't make it. Hopefully the three of us can dress up soon in new swag we get the Meta LPs  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:42 am
Hello there everyone!~ I'm afraid I haven't posted in a while, but I recently went to a convention in Vancouver which happened to be visited by Innocente Seraphim, so I went to their booth to have my photo taken. Needless to say, I was feeling quite underdressed, and uncomfortable due to my own home-made bloomers, so I guess my expression is a little... odd, to say the least. Regardless, here are two pictures of my Lolita-outfit (D: I don't know if I should call it Psuedo or not or if that would likely make some people angry. Reason being, I looked at the picture and realized my home-made, GLB patterned 3-tiered skirt was a bit short. >w<; Sorry for the confusion) that I wore on day 2 of the con. I have yet to get day 1's outfit pictures from my friend, so this will have to suffice. xD
http://s420.photobucket.com/albums/pp290/Turtle_Devil/?action=view¤t=3632880098_034a7199f7_o.jpg I'm in the middle, beside one of my friends.
http://s420.photobucket.com/albums/pp290/Turtle_Devil/?action=view¤t=4608_1072959184828_1251623766_30159.jpg Here I am enjoying a nice sit. Unfortunately though, I didn't realize I was bunching up around the waist area. Another oops on my part. n-n Comments, critique?  

IntermittentShiningLights

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:25 am
I apologize about the size and the image quality.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
This, unfortunately, is one of the best pictures of me in lolita.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:21 pm
IntermittentShiningLights: I think the outfit looks pretty cute! My biggest suggestion would be white shoes-- the black looks really out of place. The rest of the outfit is pretty simple but it looks just fine.

As a side note, I think you would look darling with pincurls, if you ever put together a more elaborate outfit.

Kittywitch: Welcome to the guild! The size isn't that much of an issue, but the over exposure in photoshop is really pretty distracting. ^^;

You said that you like to sew, right? I hope you'll stop by the "How To" section here in the guild.  

Cryrin

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:18 pm
That's the thing, it wasn't it photoshop. The flash did that against my skin and I can't fix it. sweatdrop Hence the caption.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:11 pm
I have a whole bunch of photos over on my photobucket if you really wanna see some of my other coordinates, but I'll just post one here for now:

User Image

JSK by Surface Spell. Man, I love those Chinese brands. xD  

NozomiWhiteWolf

amylee2211

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:46 am
Well, the pictures from my Loli picnic are still supposed to be sent to me >.<;; lazy lazy girl who took them sweatdrop

xsunriseangelx: since I went on a miniature holiday (well not SO miniature, actually) to a friend of mine in the Netherlands, i didn't get the chance to reply; didn't want it to seem as though i didn't care, but it is only now that i have managed to get to the computer for a little while. The solution with the white socks is rather fine, i should think. I might just try it the next time i'll pull off that outfit (but i still think the initial version is nice as well whee anyway...)

Here are some pics taken before my visit to Holland: my first Kuro Lolita outfit 3nodding

User Image

(link to a close-up http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr215/amylee2211/DSC_3582.jpg )

User Image

User Image

Everything, but the parasol (Vivianne Westwood), is off-brand;
Hat, shoes (yes, they're shoes - simple platform pumps made of velvety fabric, with no straps; a lot of people mistake them for boots, when worn like this), corset and skirt were all thrifted 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:47 pm
O thank you for responding :]

Sorry if i focus(ed) too much on criticism. sweatdrop I'm used to only posting ideas for improvement than just saying how good something is. Umm because i find criticism more useful to me than when someone says 'its nice' or something like that.

I like how you made your makeup dramatic in your latest pictures. It matches the effect of outfit and keeps focus on your eyes/face rather than just on the clothes. As for the outfit itself I like how you used different textures to make up for not having a variety of colors/ color patterns.  

xsunriseangelx

IntermittentShiningLights

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:20 pm
Cryrin
IntermittentShiningLights: I think the outfit looks pretty cute! My biggest suggestion would be white shoes-- the black looks really out of place. The rest of the outfit is pretty simple but it looks just fine.

As a side note, I think you would look darling with pincurls, if you ever put together a more elaborate outfit.

Kittywitch: Welcome to the guild! The size isn't that much of an issue, but the over exposure in photoshop is really pretty distracting. ^^;

You said that you like to sew, right? I hope you'll stop by the "How To" section here in the guild.
n-n I was going to get some white shoes but I kind of left it last minute before the con so I had to go out in my black ones. xD; There goes my preparedness. n-n Thank you for the comment. I'll see if I can try that, but my hair is generally so thin and fine that putting it into curls is really difficult and they tend to fall out really easily and become strait again. I suppose I should start using hair-spray. xD  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:08 pm
Hooray! New skirt and blouse came recently, decided to dress up today after a crappy week. ^^;

User Image

User Image

Skirt, Alice Bow: Metamorphose
Socks: BtSSB
Shoes: Secret Shop
Blouse: Anna House
Jewelry: Claire's and Forever21

You know, I always seem to be looking off to one side in the photos that don't come out blurry. Any time I look at the camera head-on, the focus goes out of whack. I wonder if I spook the lens?!

spuntino
Crew

Crystal Orchid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:24 pm
Quote:
I wonder if I spook the lense?

With sheer coordinating genius! (Oh, me and my pathetic attempts at humor today... ^^") Well, hope that compliment and joke rolled into one help you have a better week.

And that Anna House blouse is made of win. d '-' b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:27 pm
Thanks. XD

And it is! I got it for really, really cheap from a girl on the comm sales. She'd never worn it, and it was the perfect color for my Meta Windows print skirt, so I bought it. It also matches the Swan Lake skirt, so it was a great buy! X3

The only problem is that the bust is a tiny bit too small on me, so it gaps and I have to pin it closed. The medium would have been swimming-in-it-size, however, so it's kind of one of those no-win situations.

spuntino
Crew

Crystal Orchid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:40 am
Well, now that you mention it, I didn't want to mention it, but now that you do, it does looks rather tight around your bust. Good eye on the comm sales; I might just have to join LJ someday and buy from there myself.  
The Lolita Society.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 98 99 100 101 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games