Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leviathan Stadium

Back to Guilds

A battle Stadium for literate roleplayers. 

Tags: Literate, Fighting, Battle, Arena, Levi 

Reply OOC Lounge
OOC - NO U Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7014 7015 7016 7017 7018 7019 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:48 pm
Sins of an Angel
Anyway, I run into them all the time in the art shops, and pretty much anywhere on Gaia.

I think Ive run into that kind of type before.

Except she was more of a deviant art person.

It was in a Digital Art class. For a project she ended up doing a collection of pictures involving a made up furry-type character who had some sort of romantic feelings for a character on the cartoon Chowder.

I'll admit, sometimes girls can get annoying with their anime fandom, but I can somewhat understand them when they do considering how anime is designed. But I ABSOLUTELY LOATHE the types who take Western cartoons and other things that are in NO POSSIBLE WAY meant to be objects of attraction or sexuality and turn it into just that. It wrenches my guts.

I once saw a thing on Deviantart where they turned Arthas from Warcraft into a homosexual who had the hots for Kel'Thuzad.

Kel'Thuzad is a lich. And when he wasn't a lich, he was an old dude. Like Tombs.

*aneurysm*

...Anyhow, no one made fun of what this girl did, and a lot of them even tried to be critical of it in the way they'd criticize a serious art piece, like what was intended. But apparently the lack of enthusiasm upset her, so she actually stormed out of the room and cried. x_x

There's no crying in college art class! D:

I felt bad, but that's because I are good panda. One of my fellow art students felt what she did was rude, because she was supposed to be there to critique everyone else's work as well. You just dont storm out if someone doesn't give awkward fan pictures a superb review. Even I agree with that, but it still made me kinda sad. ._.

....I have no idea where this came from.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:49 pm
Historically, Japanese steel has been shoddy as all ******** why they use different metal for the spine and edge of the blade, iirc.

Something to do with all the clay in their iron ore.. or something. It's been a long time (~5 years) since I bothered researching metallurgy seriously.

Folding helps.. but a lot of people don't realize that Europeans folded their steel as well. So did the Arabs, who taught the Europeans how to do it in the first place, iirc.

EDIT:: Historically, the best steel has come out of the Middle East, and Arabs and other Middle Eastern cultures are probably the best at working it, at least in history.  

The Thunder Tyrant

Dante Decker

Profitable Lunatic

3,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:49 pm
Kraun's got this covered *goes back to reading email*  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:50 pm
Kraun
Because their swords are made of diamonds. Its SO HARD. But then it shatters, because having a HRC rating so high for HARDEST s**t also makes it RETARDEDLY BRITTLE.

Only the edge of a katana has a high HRC rating...around 60.

The back has a lower HRC rating of 40 to absorb shock.

Unless you really are just talking about "diamond katanas".  

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

Sunstrike

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:51 pm
:laughs: Ahhh crack-fandoms. Takes a special kind of person to come up with impossible relationships.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:54 pm
Tenkai Matsumoto
But I ABSOLUTELY LOATHE the types who take Western cartoons and other things that are in NO POSSIBLE WAY meant to be objects of attraction or sexuality and turn it into just that.

s**t is hilarious, though.

Alright Desi.

You'll be the GIANT of MATA LEON.  

Show me the CarFox

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:55 pm
The Darth Vizzle
Historically, Japanese steel has been shoddy as all ******** why they use different metal for the spine and edge of the blade, iirc.

Something to do with all the clay in their iron ore.. or something. It's been a long time (~5 years) since I bothered researching metallurgy seriously.

Folding helps.. but a lot of people don't realize that Europeans folded their steel as well. So did the Arabs, who taught the Europeans how to do it in the first place, iirc.

EDIT:: Historically, the best steel has come out of the Middle East, and Arabs and other Middle Eastern cultures are probably the best at working it, at least in history.

Japanese don't have natural iron ore, from what I gather. They make their steel by mixing iron sand and charcoal together in a clay tub, which makes "tamahagane", or jewel steel.

Only a small portion of each "bloom" of steel has the proper carbon content. Although katana can be forged as monosteel, the usual thing they do is use the harder steel for the "skin" of the blade, with the softer steel for the core and spine.

They say there isnt much different between the two for that, though. The real thing that makes a katana what it is is the differential hardening process. I dont know if using one kind of steel or two different kinds of steel has a different effect...I think it's just a matter of style and school. I'd have to re-read about it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:55 pm
I read that as "gay club".  

Show me the CarFox

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:57 pm
I just got Forza 3.

Gonna try to create new Rage V / Leviathan decals to slap on my cars. Anybody wanna volunteer? Assuming I'm successful I'll upload the pictures at a later date.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:59 pm
Folding was done to homogonize and remove impurities in the iron because it was of such crap quality. Folding doesnt make a blade neccessarily better, its just to make the metal not straight garbage.

Clay was used for the firing process to make the edge hard, while protecting the spine to keep it softer, as well as developing the pattern on the sword's edge.  

Kraun
Vice Captain

Show me the CarFox

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:59 pm
Forza 3?

You'll just buy any game, do you?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:00 pm
Kraun
homogonize

This now?

Are you guys talking about gays or swords?  

Show me the CarFox

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:04 pm
Kraun
Folding was done to homogonize and remove impurities in the iron because it was of such crap quality. Folding doesnt make a blade neccessarily better, its just to make the metal not straight garbage.

Clay was used for the firing process to make the edge hard, while protecting the spine to keep it softer, as well as developing the pattern on the sword's edge.

This.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:05 pm
Rubber cores.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:05 pm
C. Fox
Forza 3?

You'll just buy any game, do you?

Obviously.

It came bundled with my new 360, but I would have bought it anyways. It's the only realistic racer I'll play.  
OOC Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7014 7015 7016 7017 7018 7019 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games