Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leviathan Stadium

Back to Guilds

A battle Stadium for literate roleplayers. 

Tags: Literate, Fighting, Battle, Arena, Levi 

Reply OOC Lounge
OOC - NO U Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7028 7029 7030 7031 7032 7033 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Designated Hero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:19 pm
I don't think you do.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:23 pm
The Darth Vizzle
You don't lock out when you punch. You punch THROUGH the target metaphorically speaking, meaning you would theoretically lock out somewhere past the point of impact.

Flightless: I would lock then because you don't do leg curls with heavy weight, and you want the full range of motion. The hamstring has been called the bicep of the leg, it serves the same function. So you want max ROM then, especially since you should never be doing a ton of weight anyways.
The weight I'm doing is too heavy then, or my technique is wrong? My muscle doesn't burn or shake.. so that means it's light enough for a lot of reps. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

And I hold my breath. Someone told me I'm supposed to breath a certain way when I lift.. like in when I lift and out when I set it back down or something?  

Flightless Butterfly

Zou Kraze

Unsealed Aggressor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:24 pm
Punching a punching bag and punching someone is very different. Punching a bag is to get your senses use to hitting something so you don't get shocked by say how hard you can hit. Punching another human being deals with hitting bones or muscle or slippery flesh.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:26 pm
Well, that's true.

Body shots to a man that outweighs me by at least a hundred pounds isn't going to get me anywhere. Though I have been humored in being allowed to try.

Kick to the nuts always works though, no matter how big the guy is.  

Flightless Butterfly

The Thunder Tyrant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:26 pm
Never hold your breath. Breath in while lowering weight, breathe out while raising. Best example is bench press: Breath in on the way down, breathe out on the way up.

If you can't do a full ROM, then yeah, too much weight. You should be able to move from point A (legs straight) to point B (legs curled as far as possible) fairly smoothly.

If you have to heave your body forward to move the weight, it does no good for the hamstrings. If the weight moves too easily, it's just going to make you sweat and that serves no purpose.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:27 pm
Colonel Iyam A Heita
I@Tenkai- i dunno what you called yourselves because I forgot but it was you, Vansin and Kichiro...you I had no problems with but you three ruined a fight because of some grudge.

You mean the Kensei?

Wow, that was....a long time ago.

But I don't remember ruining any sort of fight, or any sort of grudge. I'm not even the kind to hold grudges. ._.

I don't think "you three" would be the right thing here, since I was never aware of ruining any sort of fight. What was this fight anyway?  

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

Zou Kraze

Unsealed Aggressor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:29 pm
It's not important really...

I prefer a throat jab personally...some people can take a nut shot and press on with their intent. I've never seen anyone just "eat" a throat jab.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:30 pm
I have the same problem when I try to sprint, either on dry land or in the water. I'll breathe out for about 15m if I'm underwater, until I'm empty, then hold it until it burns or hurts.

And with sprinting short distances, I just forget to breathe. And hold it.

What if I strapped my hips down, and kept the same weight? Would I hurt myself, or would that help me?

Why do you have to breathe like that when you are lifting?  

Flightless Butterfly

Designated Hero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:31 pm
Huh.

This is pretty badass.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:32 pm
Colonel Iyam A Heita

I prefer a throat jab personally...some people can take a nut shot and press on with their intent. I've never seen anyone just "eat" a throat jab.
Full closed fist, or just a few stiffened fingers? And where do you hit them?  

Flightless Butterfly

Zou Kraze

Unsealed Aggressor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:39 pm
It's hard to get a closed fist in for a throat jab and unless your use to stabbing things with your fingers...I wouldn't suggest that. So I would leopard paw someone.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:43 pm
Thanks for all the helpful advice guys.

*waves* Be safe, ttyl.  

Flightless Butterfly

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:43 pm
Colonel Iyam A Heita

I guess I won't press it then. ._.

But the Kensei...wow...that's like...ancient.

I haven't spoken to Kichiro in quite a while, too. I'd like to think I'm a lot different than how things were back in the Kensei days.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:44 pm
You don't HAVE to, but having a breathing rhythm is better than not.

Also, breathing out hard while pushing up has shown to help in moving the weight.

And it's worlds better than holding in your breath.. which deprives your body of oxygen.  

The Thunder Tyrant

Kraun
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:46 pm
Now Desi can sword like the pros.  
OOC Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7028 7029 7030 7031 7032 7033 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games