Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leviathan Stadium

Back to Guilds

A battle Stadium for literate roleplayers. 

Tags: Literate, Fighting, Battle, Arena, Levi 

Reply OOC Lounge
OOC - NO U Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7052 7053 7054 7055 7056 7057 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Thunder Tyrant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:44 pm
I don't watch anime or read manga for deep thinking.

I do it because the Japanese are ******** crazy.

If I want deep, I'll go get a book.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:45 pm
*curls back up under the couch, totaly crushed by Kat*  

HonoRaven

Wicked Healer

18,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Rising Hourglass

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:46 pm
Sins of an Angel

What can I say? I'm extremely critical when it comes to other female fighters. talk2hand

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:47 pm
I think Darth just won the argument.

Although I can find philosophy in many different stories from my own interpretation, the main reason I read Fist of the North star is to see Kenshiro concave some no-good chump's face in.

Or how my main reason for reading Tenjou Tenge is....obvious.

Sometimes you just want to have fun.

@Kat: The way I see it, if a woman goes into battle wearing a skimpy outfit, she probably doesn't care if she starts slipping out of it in the first place anyway.  

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

Enness Vakar

Man-Hungry Datemate

8,100 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:48 pm
Rising Hourglass
Cherish it. If public speaking in high school taught me anything, it's that there are very few people in this world you can do it with, haha.

Which is a shame, because I honestly believe the only time you can really learn anything about politics via a discussion is when you have no point to defend, to argument to win. When two people are in an extreme discussion with a ton of ego ties, they're never going to change each others' minds, propose an alternative viewpoint, etc.

It takes a setting of trust and tranquility to promote mutual growth.
Ha, indeed. I usually stay out of political conversations around these parts, as do most of us here now, like Darth, because it usually involves extremist s**t.

Now I have my political views, but I'm open to other people having their opinions, whether I believe they're right or wrong. And I'm usually quite happy to discuss politics with someone, especially when I've had a few drinks >.> as long as it's not extreme and someone isn't trying to shove their opinion down my throat.

Screw you Gaia trying to eat my post.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:51 pm
This is Gaia, if they don't wear something fire proof they're wanting to slip out.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Sins of an Angel

Chatty Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:53 pm
XD I just prefer to fight like the guys. Wear enough clothes so that if you do get scraped up, you're not stark naked with a single swipe of someone's sword or single spark.

If I wanted fanservice, I'd seek it out. I'd just like to keep it out of my fights.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:54 pm
Tenkai Matsumoto

Aaaand I lost interest in what you said. >3>

Is it really that much of a bad thing that sometimes people really don't -wan't- to think that deeply into what they read? Or rather, moreover, some people just like general philosophy in what they read rather than political intrigue.

Political intrigue can be done right, I agree, but it really does depend. And it's like political comedy...A lot of times, if you don't agree with the political point being pushed, it's not going to click with you. I think that's why I don't enjoy political themes as much as I do philosophical themes.

I mean, sure, shounen manga follow very similar philosophies that sortof bleaches the whole thing, but seinen manga like Vagabond are examples of more in-depth readings without needing to be politically intriguing or GRAMDERK....errr...GROMDURK...

GERMDANK?

Ahhh, forget it.

Or I could be entirely serious, since those parts of my posts were meant to be amusing.

But since you decided to be so nice and ignore that post, here's a more serious one for you.

/rant on

It's that you completely ignore entire swathes of genres. I still read Bleach manga, still enjoy watching old DBZ episodes, still laugh at Haruhi. On the western side of things, I read Predator comics (which are as pure action as you can get with almost no thought at all), Punisher, classic Marvel stuff like The Infinity War (which had a good ending of Thanos losing), and others. I honestly do not understand people who only watch these kinds of things exclusively, though, unless they are very young. To completely focus on fun-loving action and HERO SAVES THE DAY, and nothing but that, is just...eugh to me. I know that even though Aizen is completely owning the s**t out of the Shinigami, Ichigo is still gonna wind up beating his a** and saving the day - despite this, I still read, because you can't honestly focus on one brand of stuff. WHY YES, SHOCKING, THERE ARE THINGS I LOVE/ENJOY BESIDES LOVECRAFT AND WARHAMMER.

People need to expand and enjoy a MULTITUDE of different stuff and stop brushing off entire genres. They can be mindless enjoyment or deep thinking and convoluted. I usually rant about the former, because they are FAR more prevalent in the form of huge animu fans. The latter can be just as bad, if not worse, because they can be absolute boring pricks who refuse to see enjoyment in less-thoughtful things.

/rant off  

Damnatus

Designated Hero

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:58 pm

Swords?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:58 pm
Designated Hero

Swords?

Very good sir, for they are the great equalizer between genres.  

Damnatus

Enness Vakar

Man-Hungry Datemate

8,100 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:01 pm
Cog wins.

My anime/movies/reading material can be mindless violence or deep intrigue. Depends on my mood. Similar to my taste in games. Though with games I usually like somewhat of a story line, it doesn't always have to be deep. Like CoD, CS, BF2, GTA. Sometimes I want mindless violence and shooting. Other times I want story mixed in with the game play.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:01 pm
Just a tidbit to add to his post - I'm a good example of that.

I used to brush off anything and everything Sci-Fi cause I'm not really big into a lot of really out there, the "nothing makes sense" and "super high tech" type of stuff and thought it was all like that, thought it was all the same and just wrote it all off immediately.

I was afraid to show any interest in anything sci-fi related despite urging and prodding from people. Then I opened my interests up and now I like WH, I like Star Wars, I love BSG, Firefly, etc. and then some.

>>

<<

Anyway - butting out.  

Sins of an Angel

Chatty Gekko

Liliana Mythos Judge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:03 pm
I don't know what is happening here.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:07 pm
@Kat: Oh no, I wasn't referring to how you do it, Kat. @.@ That fits perfect for your characters. I mean, it just...wouldn't be you if it was any other way. ._.

I just meant in general, since I think both styles of RPing female characters offer something. Everyone has their tastes with that.

@Cog: Why be serious? D: I was joking about the "losing interest" part, I -did- read your whole post. x_x

I didn't mean to directly imply you in it, though. And it isn't like I'm only interested in shounen manga either. x_x It's why I tossed in Vagabond into the mix. Though to be fair, there's more to me than anime as it is, too. Though, the parts of Western culture I do like also tend to be the parts people like to mock me for as well, except in some instances. :/

I wasn't trying to brush off any genres at all. ._.  

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

Nihilistic_Impact

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:10 pm
What be going on here?  
OOC Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7052 7053 7054 7055 7056 7057 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games