Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leviathan Stadium

Back to Guilds

A battle Stadium for literate roleplayers. 

Tags: Literate, Fighting, Battle, Arena, Levi 

Reply OOC Lounge
OOC - NO U Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7112 7113 7114 7115 7116 7117 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Hanging Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:35 am
derp  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:38 am
Biker mice?

From Mars?  

Designated Hero

Zou Kraze

Unsealed Aggressor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:38 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Shark Uppercuts!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:40 am
Jawsome.  

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:43 am
You people are bringing back images from my childhood I did not want to remember.

Besides...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:48 am
Colonel Iyam A Heita
Shark Uppercuts!

Next episode, the Street Sharks meet their most powerful enemy yet.

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

themightyjello

Dapper Elocutionist

5,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:52 am
The Hanging Man
Or enemies are always allowed to fire at you, between action sequences.

Actually, what would make the game really hard is if they let a single AI unit (other than Selvaria) use more than 2 CP per turn. You'd die. You'd die a lot.

And yes, the tank is your least useful unit. I usually use it right at the beginning or right at the end to take out a single target... usually with mortars, since when blowing up tanks you're better served by using a lancer or a shocktrooper from point blank in the rear. There are very few missions where using the tank for more than a few small tasks is actually worthwhile.

Though yes... Shamrock flamethrower is a beast, but the only time I ever got use out of it was on the map with the 3 SUPERTANKS that infinite-spawned infantry rush at you. Otherwise I mostly used mortars.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:56 am
I've gotten the most use out of the Shamrock on the "Here's a poorly defended base, go ahead and SUDDENLY HEAVY TANKS, TWO OF THEM" map. I mentioned it before, but I basically just rolled it around to the back of the first heavy tank and blasted the crap out of it's engine using the anti-tank shells. From there, any time there was a respawn it was just a lancer and some other infantry. Which meant that 90% of the time they'd throw grenades, which wrecked the treads, but did absolutely no damage to the body at all.

Then I pretty much made up the rest when it came to the second tank, got lucky, and ended the mission.

Also, SUPA HRRD MOED would probably have other tanks firing their anti-armor guns at you while you moved.  

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

themightyjello

Dapper Elocutionist

5,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:02 am
The majority of what I use tanks for is driving over sandbags to blow people out from cover by destroying it. Grenades and mortars also do this, but you can't just destroy an entire line of cover in one pass like that.

Ah ha ha. The SUDDENLY HEAVY TANKS mission was great. And terrible. I just spawned Largo and an engineer at the starting point and had him snipe at the radiator from across the open plains for like 6-7 CP worth of rockets which, eventually, brought it down. The other one was more unfortunate... I got Vyse up there behind it, sneeeeeeaking... Gave him like 4CP worth of attack boost orders, and laid into the radiator for-- 0 damage. Effing boss tanks.

Fortunately it then turned around completely to fire its machine gun at Vyse, which was ducked, and that meant that the a**-end of the thing was pointed up towards the cliff face.

Eidelweiss II r a sniper.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:03 am
Selvaria has boobs. :3

Tha'ts...all I know. ._.  

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:06 am
I ended that mission when I rolled the Eidelweiss right up next to it, and ended up unable to turn because I was pressed up against the "do not enter" wall. I already mentioned this last night, but still.

I had 6 CP left. Got one solid shot in on the engine, and only needed one more. So I rolled up, aimed, and... it completely whiffed because of the tiny, tiny sliver of orange dots that weren't on the engine. Loud muffled cursing because I didn't think my neighbors would appreciate me inventing new words at 1:30 AM. Used my last 2 CP to roll up even closer, make sure the whole damn thing was on the engine block, and fired.

Large explosion, OPERATION COMPLETE.

C rank.

Mild annoyance.

[Edit]

Tenkai: When Selvaria shows up for the first time, two things will happen. First, you'll think it's probably kind of cool.

Then you'll restart the mission when she tells you what time it is.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:10 am
My largest tank annoyance had to be when I used my last 2 CP to roll up so close I couldn't possibly miss the radiator on something... only to find that I was so close that the turret wouldn't aim low enough to hit the radiator. I had no movement left. I had no CP left. It was the last turn before it downgraded me to B rank.  

themightyjello

Dapper Elocutionist

5,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:15 am
My favorite A rank victory would have to be the THE PRINCESS HAS BEEN CAPTURED BY WHITE GUYS mission.

If only because it took me maybe 3 turns to sneak Vyse behind it, drop my highest anti-armor buff on him, and go to town on the engine.

*Work.*  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:15 am
And because it is necessary,

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

themightyjello

Dapper Elocutionist

5,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:24 am
ragingtofu
If only because it took me maybe 3 turns to sneak Vyse behind it

Should only take 2 if I'm remembering it correctly.

You put your guys behind boxes in that alley it's going through then let it move forward past them to the intersection, then just run up and shoot.

Which is all you really need to do on that mission considering that there's no Ace on that map and there's therefore no reason to prolong the mission just to kill a leader or 2.  
OOC Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7112 7113 7114 7115 7116 7117 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games