Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leviathan Stadium

Back to Guilds

A battle Stadium for literate roleplayers. 

Tags: Literate, Fighting, Battle, Arena, Levi 

Reply OOC Lounge
OOC - NO U Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7125 7126 7127 7128 7129 7130 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

themightyjello

Dapper Elocutionist

5,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:59 pm
Ryugi Kazamaru
Ryugi's scarf is long enough he could wrap it around his head to keep the cold out, and wrap it carefully around his eyes as well to assist in the whole OMGICANTSEE thing.

I was going to mention something about snow blindness, but I doubt anyone will even consider it except for me. Goggles are a good idea in general to keep the biting cold wind out of your eyes and keep your tears from freezing, but in general you just want something to dim the light as well because an open field of fresh snow in the middle of the day is like staring into the sun if the light hits it at the right angle.

Quote:
But, all that aside, he's totally a fire elemental. Bone-chilling cold? What's that? He'd expend a little energy every few seconds to keep his body above any kind of dangerous temperatures if needed.

You'll be the easiest person to find on the entire continent, just follow the 10' bubble of melted snow.

That is, if you were intending to try and be a space-heater for Tilly or whatever the name of that thing you brought with you is. I wasn't really paying attention, we have like 16 characters + 3-4 NPCs present and I can't remember all of them off-hand.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:00 pm
Sey
D:<

Your avatar is too cute Liliana!

And I understood what happened at the end of VI, IX, X and XII. I kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind of understand what just happened - but I was too busy laughing at the fact that * I just saved the world from being cleaved out of the sky by a gigantic sword * to have paid attention to the rest of the FMV.

rofl

A little late, but thank you. 3nodding  

Liliana Mythos Judge

themightyjello

Dapper Elocutionist

5,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:01 pm
The Darth Vizzle
Also, snow-blind. Prepare for everyone in the party to go COMPLETELY BLIND. Because no one will pull an Eskimo and wear the weird little masquerade style masks with eye-slits that keep them from going blind.

Or, you know, shades.

You beat me to the statement.

I'm doing the eye-slits actually.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:01 pm
You're nuts, you know that? And people think I'm crazy for keeping my shoes at home! xd

Good luck D; You should look into doing some ultras. 'Cause I totally want to do one. Statistically there are more female finishers then males - and I want to actually beat you and your sickening 5k time in something at least :<

Leadville 100 anyone? :3  

Sey

Ryugi Kazamaru

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:05 pm
Snowblindness is something I'm SURE Max would toss in there to mess with us, and it was certainly something I'd considered with the turban wrap thing. Leaving a small slit and the like except when going into battle or when the sun drops down a bit.

And Tilly can actually shrink in size, or so I've been told, so she might be able to like, ride in Ryugi's pocket where its warm.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:06 pm
There is no way either you or I have enough time for an Ultra.  

Designated Hero

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:07 pm
Reservoir Dogs wasn't nearly as enjoyable as I thought it would be based on what everyone else has told me about it.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:09 pm
Designated Hero
There is no way either you or I have enough time for an Ultra.

You're probably right. I can dream about doing one though. T__T It sounds so crazy that I just want to run out my door and run right now! whee

*sigh* :< Back to getting my reading done...  

Sey

themightyjello

Dapper Elocutionist

5,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:11 pm
Yeah, I thought I saw her riding on his head or something but then the next moment she was holding a teacup.

Well, I don't know what's planned for ahead but I plan to contribute to it as much as possible. Like I said, there's about 16 PCs in that room right now and more likely than not it means we're going to be splitting up into 2 or more groups at times. Certain people are going to have to take on party-lead roles either in or out of character (likely both) to ensure that things keep moving along at a steady pace.

People pulling from the front and pushing from the back to move this little cart home.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:17 pm
Indeed. I really think these little DnD type missions and stuff are just what we need to get people moving and involved again.

In some small way, its like going back to the roots of what's fun for these characters. It isn't just about fighting, unless you're Reiko or something. It's also about the character interactions and that dynamic world around us.

I held off my plot specifically because these small little RP events are more accessible to everyone, and are much easier to get into. And, arguably, they can be just as fun.  

Ryugi Kazamaru

themightyjello

Dapper Elocutionist

5,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:24 pm
Yeah. I heard you'd volunteered to help out with this one but then pulled out and went with just being a member. Any reason behind that?

These are honestly a very good idea, because I think a lot of what's holding people back these days in RP is that they don't have as much random interaction anymore. Characters don't know characters, players know players, so you can't just have people group up and do something without feeling an obligation to do introductory RP before doing it.

I know Max plans to do another after this, and another, and another. I plan to do a series of them as well, because they're a good idea and all. However, I'm waiting for the same reason that I always wait - I have no real experience GMing something that's more than a single scene, nor have I ever really been a member of an RP that moved through an intended plot for more than a short while.

So for now I do this. When the occasion calls for it I will fill in GMing where appropriate. I imagine that if the party does split into two groups at some point I'll take half of them and some notes from Max and cover that segment (assuming that's what he wants).  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:41 pm
themightyjello
Yeah. I heard you'd volunteered to help out with this one but then pulled out and went with just being a member. Any reason behind that?
I didn't want to be another guy in charge. I offered to help Max with ideas behind the scenes and the like and be someone off whom to bounce ideas, but I didn't want to be the second in command. That was mainly due to me wanting to learn from this stuff for a bit, and have a chance to grow Ryugi as a character a little bit more.

I've never been very good at running RP events and the like in this manner, so I wanted to learn from the sidelines and through the idea areas so that I might be able to make my own in the future.  

Ryugi Kazamaru

Rising Hourglass

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:48 pm
Making your own plot is one of the most fun things ever! I'm glad to see everyone's getting into the idea of doing it.

I'm not even close to as immersed with the Leviverse as most in this thread right now, but I'll definitely keep making plots after this one's done. s**t's fun.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:50 pm
Alright, fair enough. It's a good reason.

I signed up for Vintrict's one as a player because I want to have fun with a character. I signed up for Max's as a confederate because I want to make sure everyone else has fun with their characters. So that's what I'll do, do my best to ensure that everyone has ample opportunity to participate and make an effort to drag the corner-sitters and rafter-hiders into a group activity.

Anyone emoing antisocially in the back will be dealt with accordingly.  

themightyjello

Dapper Elocutionist

5,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100

Enness Vakar

Man-Hungry Datemate

8,100 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:53 pm
Yeah, I'm actually trying to be actively participating and not just hanging back waiting for something. For a start, it's a good way to get back into things, and it fits the character really.

I need to read up on yesterday/today and post. I'll probably do it tomorrow.  
OOC Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7125 7126 7127 7128 7129 7130 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games