Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leviathan Stadium

Back to Guilds

A battle Stadium for literate roleplayers. 

Tags: Literate, Fighting, Battle, Arena, Levi 

Reply OOC Lounge
OOC - NO U Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7203 7204 7205 7206 7207 7208 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:13 pm
The Favored Sin
I thought the same thing. About him being Omega Red. But isn't that a X-Men villain?

Maybe I'm wrong.

-Shrug.-

He is.

@Kat: That's what I'm hoping for at least. Iron Man was very good, but I also kinda owe that to Robert Downey Jr. being a pretty good actor.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:19 pm
I expected anything but Baraka.  

Show me the CarFox

Sins of an Angel

Chatty Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:20 pm
Robert Downey Jr. IS Tony Stark. XD he just fits the role very well.

I loved Sherlock Holmes even if it was a pretty different representation of him in comparison to the books so say the fans. I've never read them but even if I had - I like to see different spins on things. I think he played the part well and Jude Law certainly helped bring the movie together.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:23 pm
Baraka is amazing.

I whoop so much a** with him in Mortal Kombat vs DC.  

Unfaithful Bliss

Enness Vakar

Man-Hungry Datemate

8,100 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:26 pm
Sins of an Angel
Robert Downey Jr. IS Tony Stark. XD he just fits the role very well.
This. They really could not have picked someone better to play Tony Stark than him.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:26 pm
Yeah, Sherlock Holmes was a good film, though they took a lot of liberties on the character. It actually fooled me into thinking it was a bad movie until the very end, where Holmes explains why everything worked without it being magic. That kinda redeemed the film for me.  

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

Show me the CarFox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:30 pm
I liked Sherlock Holmes fight scenes.

Everything else was gibberish to my ears.

I wish they had shown that chick more, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:30 pm
I think the writer for the Wolverine movie wasn't much of a Deadpool fan. Probably hated him, even. I mean... come on... how are you going to dangle the Merc with the Mouth in front of people like that and then SEW HIS GORRAMN MOUTH SHUT?! scream

I was very disappoint.  

Darshendros the Eternal

Malevolent Sex Symbol

Dumble Dee

High-functioning Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:31 pm
lololool@Fox's dream  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:41 pm
Nighthunter
It's Hugh Jackman and overall a rather poor representation of X-Men, apart from Prof X and Magneto, what did you expect?

And yeah, what Kat said. As long as they don't take creative liberties to the like Resident Evil extent, and make good movies, like the first Iron Man, they can do what they want.

I totally understand what you mean about RE. You'd have a better entertainment experience watching the cutscenes from Re5 in order than watching those movies. Nothing against Milla Jovovich, but her character should never have existed. The Resident Evil movie should not have been about some genetically-engineered super-woman. It should have been about Jill Valentine and ******** zombies.

That's the problem with these movies though. They come out and they wanna skip right to the recent stuff. They don't pay attention to continuity when "episode 1" was on the playstation 1. They end up either making something new entirely, or a mix of both.

Funny thing is...Milla Jovovich is married to the director of the RE movies. That explains some things. ._.

I kindof want to see the third RE movie. I haven't yet, and I'm in need of good snark bait.  

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:59 pm
Darshendros the Eternal
I think the writer for the Wolverine movie wasn't much of a Deadpool fan. Probably hated him, even. I mean... come on... how are you going to dangle the Merc with the Mouth in front of people like that and then SEW HIS GORRAMN MOUTH SHUT?! scream

I was very disappoint.

I have to admit, that part confused me a great deal. I haven't read any of the Deadpool comics, but I knew enough of him by reputation that I sorta did a "Wha..." when he appeared like that.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:07 pm
The third one was Extinction, wasn't it? They skipped 2, went to 3 in the second movie, then did that one that had no basis what so ever in the RE world and threw in Claire Redfield from 2/Code Veronica, and Carlos from 3, which made me go "..." seeing as those characters were never together in a game, when I saw it.

Yeah, that one was... Yeah.  

Enness Vakar

Man-Hungry Datemate

8,100 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Sausage Fest 200

Sins of an Angel

Chatty Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:20 pm
GOD Code Veronica pissed me off.

D: That game was just a trainwreck. I first got into it while watching an old friend of mine play it through a ways, and then watched as she too got unbelievably frustrated by it.

Here comes me thinking she just had a hard time with it and that I could get through it.

Nope.

I got so mad at that damn game. I ended up trading it in later.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:27 pm
I think the most frustrating thing about the RE movies was that - they couldn't decide between making a completely original storyline or trying to fit it in with the games and so they decided to do both and or they threw darts to choose what to throw in the film next or what plot devices to use and so on.

If they had wanted to stick to the games, they should have stuck with the games.

If they wanted to make something original but inspired by and keep with the feel of the games and MAYBE use some of the games concepts, and or characters in a way that was completely different and come up with a brand new chapter/story in the RE universe - I would have gone for that.  

Sins of an Angel

Chatty Gekko

Adrinai Telasai

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:30 pm
Tei Kae
I have to admit, that part confused me a great deal. I haven't read any of the Deadpool comics, but I knew enough of him by reputation that I sorta did a "Wha..." when he appeared like that.

Deadpool, in the comics, also wasn't an annoying prat like they portrayed him prior to their even more dramatic departure from anything approaching canon. He was loudmouthed, making excessive use of pop culture references and constantly breaking the fourth wall, but he wasn't retarded or anything. So even if they "fix" what they did to him later in the movie (or make it a prequel or some such), it won't even remotely resemble the comic book character.  
OOC Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7203 7204 7205 7206 7207 7208 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games