Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leviathan Stadium

Back to Guilds

A battle Stadium for literate roleplayers. 

Tags: Literate, Fighting, Battle, Arena, Levi 

Reply OOC Lounge
OOC - NO U Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7233 7234 7235 7236 7237 7238 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moxie Lightning

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:18 pm
TK, how much did your pastry classes cost? D=  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:19 pm
rofl

So I have already witnessed. Saw a couple posts this morning while I was sitting and waiting for the instructor to open the classroom.

Edit: Oh and regarding the bar - Cog is interested in stirring up some stuff. XD So I didn't know when he was going to get in on that, which is why I didn't do anything today.

Tomorrow though, If he says he wants to wait for me / us then I'll go ahead.  

Sins of an Angel

Chatty Gekko

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:23 pm
Too much, Moxie.

I was lucky and was able to get a personal loan (with cosigner) for enough to pay for me to not have to work while going to pastry school. And you NEED it. Because you are in class a MINIMUM of five hours a day straight. Usually it's closer to nine. It leaves no time for work or sleep, or anything else. But depending on if you go the Le Cordon Bleu route like I did or CIA, you're talking...19K for a diploma, and about 25k for an associates degrees. I think it's a valid education, but I think they upcharge the food cost a bit much. A lot of vocational and community colleges are offering things like them though for a lot cheaper.

Edit: @Kat: Okay. Sounds good. Was just curious.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:24 pm
I need to post in Mythril Mountains now.

... I will later tonight. Just checking the OOC for a moment now.  

themightyjello

Dapper Elocutionist

5,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:26 pm
Panda owes many people posts and stuff. >< I should really get to that tomorrow.

And people are waiting on me to set up my blacksmith, too. ._. *feels bad*

I am sad lazy panda.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:30 pm
I would love to get into some of this action, but...I forgot where I left my character. redface  

Bolt

Moxie Lightning

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:33 pm
Tei Kae
Too much, Moxie.

I was lucky and was able to get a personal loan (with cosigner) for enough to pay for me to not have to work while going to pastry school. And you NEED it. Because you are in class a MINIMUM of five hours a day straight. Usually it's closer to nine. It leaves no time for work or sleep, or anything else. But depending on if you go the Le Cordon Bleu route like I did or CIA, you're talking...19K for a diploma, and about 25k for an associates degrees. I think it's a valid education, but I think they upcharge the food cost a bit much. A lot of vocational and community colleges are offering things like them though for a lot cheaper.

Well I figured if I'm gonna go to the States to do it, I might as well get in something like the Cordon Bleu schools. I already contacted them and so far I like what they're offering.

At least I get a bit of it government-funded.

Thanks! =D  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:35 pm
TK - No worries! XD I also got home from class exhausted both today and yesterday but I've at least had energy enough to do some more work on the splash banner. I was having some problems with it the other day - a tiny bout of 'art block' but I took Rage's advice and put it down for almost a whole day and came back to it pretty much an hour ago and feel better about working on it.

That and playing with that new program gave me some ideas. =D  

Sins of an Angel

Chatty Gekko

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:35 pm
If you're going to the states for it, I'd recommend Johnson and Wales, actually. Slightly more reasonably priced, have several locations and really well trained instructors. With Le Cordon Bleu, as proud of having gone to school there as I am, you're paying for a brand.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:37 pm
Sins of an Angel
TK - No worries! XD I also got home from class exhausted both today and yesterday but I've at least had energy enough to do some more work on the splash banner. I was having some problems with it the other day - a tiny bout of 'art block' but I took Rage's advice and put it down for almost a whole day and came back to it pretty much an hour ago and feel better about working on it.

That and playing with that new program gave me some ideas. =D

Yay!

I'm getting so paranoid about people not posting in the thread, even though I've gotten IM confirmation from people saying they will enter. ^_^;;

I think I'm just looking for an excuse to worry since I've actually got a lot of the set up done or at least figured out.  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:42 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:43 pm
That just looks painful, Rage.

Don't forget your fiber.  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Moxie Lightning

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:43 pm
but I kinda want the brand. ;o;  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:46 pm
This picture confuses and infuriates us!  

Bolt

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:46 pm
Don't get me wrong, I'm very proud of that brand. I'm just saying that you are paying extra for that brand. And Americans being...well...Americans, they don't appreciate that brand as much.  
OOC Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7233 7234 7235 7236 7237 7238 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games