Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leviathan Stadium

Back to Guilds

A battle Stadium for literate roleplayers. 

Tags: Literate, Fighting, Battle, Arena, Levi 

Reply OOC Lounge
OOC - NO U Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7236 7237 7238 7239 7240 7241 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:56 pm
Le Cordon Bleu starts classes like 8-10 times a year. Each class is three weeks long. A diploma is 10 classes plus a 6 week internship, and an associates is 18 classes, I think, plus a 3 months internship.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:59 pm
mhmm. Well thanks for the info, it's helpful! When I called them, they were pretty cool and eager to give me all sorts of information, -except- how much it'd cost me, which is what I really wanted to know. D;

Now they call me once a month all "hey s'up, when're you joining? <33".  

Moxie Lightning

Vintrict

Omnipresent Poster

ragingtofu
When I got that stupid flying cat thing, it was worth maybe 15k on the marketplace, and I figured it was some weird event item, so I used it.

Got a blue/black cat jumpsuit... thing.

Now you're cruising like a pro.  
I think the list went something like:
Vegas
Atlanta
Minneapolis
Miami
then LA

Have you looked at the French Culinary Institute in NYC?  

Dumble Dee

High-functioning Waffles

The Thunder Tyrant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:02 pm
Traditional French cooking =/= shitty culinary trends you now see in restaurants. I don't think classical French chefs fifty years ago did the sort of inane s**t people are doing now in "high culture" culinary circles. I'm pretty sure that was blatantly apparent in my two posts. Hell, I've even heard older, professional chefs making fun of current "new" trends that people do. It's pretty much transparent as all ********, just like modern fashion.

Of course, why people would respect or appreciate a brand about something they know nothing of is beyond me, and a pretty stupid expectation to have. Most people have no idea what classical French cuisine is.. why should they? It's not being touted as such to the broader populace, so of course people who know nothing about it aren't going to appreciate it.

Just like how people don't appreciate the complexity of their car, or the extent of the intricacies in human civilization over the past ten thousand years. Because - generally speaking - their knowledge is very, very slim. Should they appreciate it? Probably. Will they? Probably not.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:05 pm
Kraun
Excellent.

I brought this bromide all the way in here just for you and you leave me hangin' on the fistbump? That's cold, bro. That's cold.  

themightyjello

Dapper Elocutionist

5,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Oh god, some of the culinary trends I've seen just make me laugh my a** off.

But yeah, once you show any interest and give them contact info, they'll drive you nuts. XD  
themightyjello
Kraun
This thread does not contain enough metal.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

-o

I think he's talking about the OTHER kind of METAL.  

Show me the CarFox

Moxie Lightning

Deegrading
I think the list went something like:
Vegas
Atlanta
Minneapolis
Miami
then LA

Have you looked at the French Culinary Institute in NYC?

Neither, but I don't really feel like going to NYC. I wanna take the opportunity to travel a bit, and I've been in New York often enough that it's not really exotic anymore.

Though maybe I'll be crazy and save money a while to go study in Europe.

@Darth: you're getting pretty pumped about this. o=  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:11 pm
Tei Kae
Oh god, some of the culinary trends I've seen just make me laugh my a** off.

But yeah, once you show any interest and give them contact info, they'll drive you nuts. XD

Sweep your spoon across the plate!

I lol at that.

Pat: Not really. I just know how it is. I study history. Most people have absolutely zero appreciation for the past.

Classical cuisine and cooking techniques have the same problem. The idea is that it's just a stupid/bad expectation to hope people will appreciate something they believe has little to no effect on their life.

You just have to realize it and move on. Some people will appreciate it, most won't. Of course, it's also partially the fault of those who are in these respective fields - how many people outside of those actively studying are going to appreciate this crap if they're never shown how important it might be, at least on some level? If they don't know, why should they care?

That's the general idea most people have throughout their lives, and it's something you have to expect, accept, and hope to change in the future.  

The Thunder Tyrant

Show me the CarFox

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:15 pm
The Darth Vizzle
Of course, it's also partially the fault of those who are in these respective fields - how many people outside of those actively studying are going to appreciate this crap if they're never shown how important it might be, at least on some level? If they don't know, why should they care?

It's all about the money, MAN.  
*POWERWALKS into the thread*  

Master Nemesis

Eloquent Lunatic

The Thunder Tyrant

brb, getting paid like two hundred thousand dollars to read and write.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:17 pm
The Darth Vizzle
brb, getting paid like two hundred thousand dollars to read and write.

I had no idea literacy had a salary involved.  

Fengrading

Moxie Lightning

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:17 pm
For some reason, I imagine a POWERWALK to be walking backward.  
OOC Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7236 7237 7238 7239 7240 7241 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games