Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leviathan Stadium

Back to Guilds

A battle Stadium for literate roleplayers. 

Tags: Literate, Fighting, Battle, Arena, Levi 

Reply OOC Lounge
OOC - NO U Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7275 7276 7277 7278 7279 7280 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:50 pm
I don't know what to make of the video. I know that whole setting paper on fire trick can be a parlor trick, but I don't know how to explain the people getting electrical shocks unless they're either being secretly tased or...I dunno...lying.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:02 pm
Only thing I can come up with is getting caught up in it and lying.

But I don't count out things beyond our understanding; I've read and seen nearly proven cases of reincarnation.  

Fiend The Bunny

Fluffy Codger

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:11 pm
I saw how that paper trick is done, but the way in which this guy does it doesn't feel that way. He'd have to be using really small bags of combustion material and have a good slight of hand...which is possible.

But by the way the people react, it doesn't feel like they're "caught up in it" like the hypnotic suggestion guys do it. And the way he describes it, referring to the abdomen and perenium, it feels a lot more legit than people who just make up more nonsensical reasons for why it works just to make it look like magic.

But I don't know. I don't think it really matters anyway. As far as I'm concerned, the idea of "ki" has different practical applications for people who aren't dedicating their -entire- lives to martial arts.

Edit: THEN there was this one time on Ripley's with that guy who, rather than setting things on fire, could generate heat into wet cloth and basically steam it as if you'd put it in a microwave. They showed heat detection to back it up, but that still leaves me a bit ehh. It's interesting, but I'm only letting it convince me that there's just things I don't know yet.

At it's very LEAST, it's clever. At best, it's just what it is.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:13 pm
I wish we could all shoot fireballs, honestly.

Life would be more interesting.  

Fiend The Bunny

Fluffy Codger

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:15 pm
The Fiend of the West
I wish we could all shoot fireballs, honestly.

Life would be more interesting.

It'd sure be more...burninated.

(Edited for better link)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:22 pm
Lol Jeet Kune Do.

Lol Shaolin

Lol 1800 years of chinese martial arts.  

Hi Im Reiko

Aged Sex Symbol

Liliana Mythos Judge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:22 pm
whee How is everyone?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:25 pm
Vintrict
No, I just want Bruce Lee's muscles.
Impossible, his body is not your body.

Bruce Lee weighed between 125 and 135 at the height of his popularity before death. You don't want to be that light because chances are, you're much taller than he was. You will look silly.  

Hi Im Reiko

Aged Sex Symbol

Unfaithful Bliss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Fiend was on!?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:50 pm
Liliana Mythos Judge
whee How is everyone?

I'm a panda. :3  

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

Liliana Mythos Judge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:06 pm
Hello panda.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:07 pm
Liliana Mythos Judge
Hello panda.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

Show me the CarFox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:10 pm
According to Vin, he is much taller than Bruce Lee.

All I know is stuff I've seen in the movies. For some reason, they [the Chinese martial artists] can't come out and prove how bad a** their arts are/were... like in the movies. All they do is press s**t against their necks or swallow swords or break s**t with their heads.

At least the karatekas were like "yeah, we're also serious about this kempo stuff. we also have FULL CONTACT competition to prove it".  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:30 pm
I've not seen many cases where Shaolin Monks really...you know...want to prove themselves as badass. I don't think they really care to. If they went around bragging, they'd be pretty bad Buddhists.

The people who play their skills up in movies are simply just that...they make movies. But Bruce Lee was different in my opinion. He did show how badass he was.  

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

The Thunder Tyrant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:37 pm
Bruce Lee is like a singular prodigy of the arts, though.

He's like Schwarzenegger, or some similar person who's just "the" best at what they approached.  
OOC Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7275 7276 7277 7278 7279 7280 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games